Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Where do the dead go now?

So

Arbiter has been disenchanted.

Jailer has gone on vacation.

Covenants have taken over pieces of the maw.

Let's say some poor orc right this moment this very second this specific instant this particular sliver of time, died.

Cuz they pulled one too many murlocs, one of which ran off and pulled onyxia, ragnaros, Arthas, sargeras and nzoth.

Where does their soul go?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Right down into the Maw. The Arbiter has been offline and never came back online. Unless they're a player orc. Then the spirit healer keeps them there with magik.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2021-08-01 at 07:39 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, the Jailer isn't in control of the Maw anymore so covenants are taking care of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maw...they go to the maw. They should send a message back saying "Hey! Stop dying motherfuckas! Ain't shit over here for y'all!"

Its not about Jailer control. without judgement by the Arbiter souls go into the Maw. With no Arbiter they will keep going into the Maw.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

If the Maldraxxus are "the ARMY of the shadowlands, protectors, etc" then what are kyrians, vamps and faeries? I mean, they got armies, powerfull one at that.

I bet they totally forgot about that

the maw (or w/e was there before it was the maw) always seemed like the default destination to me.

then oribos was build halfway in between and the kyrian created to all funnel it through oribos.

without oribos/kyrians i imagine the souls would just rain down intead of going through the big stream.

(the similiarities to demons natural regen and argus based regen are real).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its not about Jailer control. without judgement by the Arbiter souls go into the Maw. With no Arbiter they will keep going into the Maw.
    I always assumed that it was whatever done to the arbiter that caused the souls to only go to the maw. I do hope that Blizzards explores the lore of what the Maw was before if it is the default for all souls. That means the covenants and "the purpose" were actually the ones to hijack everything whenever they formed. Maybe the reason why they are all seperate zones is because they originally were one zone and all fought and the arbiter was the "truce".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Oribos is in the Maw after the raid so they skip the express ticket and get the premium turbo hell service.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    With the machinery of death still broken, they go right to Torghast and the Maw still. But with the Covenants running roughshod throughout the Maw souls are being rescued and taken back to the Covenant realms. An appreciable portion probably still goes to the Jailer all in all but the Covenants are starting to make a dent in the flow.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    With the machinery of death still broken, they go right to Torghast and the Maw still. But with the Covenants running roughshod throughout the Maw souls are being rescued and taken back to the Covenant realms. An appreciable portion probably still goes to the Jailer all in all but the Covenants are starting to make a dent in the flow.
    Even if the covenants are actively able to snag souls that are being dropped into the Maw - who determines which afterlife to put them in? Is everyone just yelling dibs when they pull one out of a rock formation? (Definitely not speaking from personal experience.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Even if the covenants are snagging souls that are being dropped into the Maw - who determines where to put them though? Is everyone just yelling dibs when they pull one out of a rock formation? (Definitely not speaking from personal experience.)
    They seem to intuitively know, at least based on the Venthyr/Night Fae assault on the Tremaculum when the Accuser is prospecting the souls imprisoned there for ones who appear eligible for Revendreth. The Necrolords appear to be doing the same in the assault on Perdition Hold, as well; although there's no mention of seemingly intuiting eligibility and more just gang-pressing the souls there into service under their banner.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Why are souls still going to the SL at all if the Kyrians know whats going on now? I thought Kyrians had to bring people to the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Why are souls still going to the SL at all if the Kyrians know whats going on now? I thought Kyrians had to bring people to the shadowlands.
    There is dialog about that.
    Kleia says: Why do we continue to ferry souls when we know they are being sent straight to the Maw?

Polemarch Adrestes says: It is not our duty to ensure that souls are reaching their proper realms. It is our duty to bear them through the veil.

Polemarch Adrestes says: The Archon, along with the rest of the Eternal Ones, is working to solve the problem. We must support her by fulfilling our duty, no matter what.

Kleia says: ...I understand. Thank you, Polemarch.
    Guess as a result of the Soul Cleansing Kyrians really don't care they are just throwing new souls strait into hell.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    So

Let's say some poor orc right this moment this very second this specific instant this particular sliver of time, died.

Cuz they pulled one too many murlocs, one of which ran off and pulled onyxia, ragnaros, Arthas, sargeras and nzoth.

Into the Maw ofc, courtesy of dem winged smurfs. But don't worry, they are still wondering why are the Jailor forces so strong
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    If the Maldraxxus are "the ARMY of the shadowlands, protectors, etc" then what are kyrians, vamps and faeries? I mean, they got armies, powerfull one at that.

Maldraxxus is for those who prefer combat hence being the main army.
    Kyrians are focused on duty, far too much for their own good. The guides who help souls move towards the shadowlands come from them.
    Revendreth is about atoning for your personal sins and they seem to be specializing in dealing with pride, hard to say what their role was since they were enemies before we arrived..

Night Fae is the odd man out. Beings who are focused on nature go there but the main goal seems to be centered on rebirth. Expect to see more from them in the future since they are the ones dealing with the Drust.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    So

still into the maw, just we control the maw so we can help recover them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

Maldraxxus is the military force

Venthyr are the harvesters

Kyrian are the collectors

Night fae are the grove keepers.

Yes they each have their own military force, but they are more for defending their own minor issues, the maldraxxus are for defending the ENTIRE shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There is dialog about that.
    Guess as a result of the Soul Cleansing Kyrians really don't care they are just throwing new souls strait into hell.
    the fact that this conversation is actually part of the game, and blizz's official explanation why the souls still go into the maw, still makes me laugh every time. someone got PAID to write this as an explanation people are supposed to be cool with. its hilarious.

after the jailer is dealt with, the next logical step would be for the player character to make a stop at bastion and wipe the entire zone out for that sheer stupidity.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    the fact that this conversation is actually part of the game, and blizz's official explanation why the souls still go into the maw, still makes me laugh every time. someone got PAID to write this as an explanation people are supposed to be cool with. its hilarious.

after the jailer is dealt with, the next logical step would be for the player character to make a stop at bastion and wipe the entire zone out for that sheer stupidity.
    I don't think it's something that we are "supposed to be cool with". It's just an explanaion, WHY they do it, not an endorsement that it is the correct way to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Nah, the Jailer isn't in control of the Maw anymore so covenants are taking care of it.
    What does the covenants controlling the Maw do to prevent souls from getting shunted from Oribos, down the river, and into Torghast where the Jailer still rules? Nothing we've done this expansion has done even an inkling of changing that.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.