Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    The faster you rush phases
    it's funny because T5 was released at launch back in 2007

now it's being released ~3 months after launch and people are still crying and bitching that it's being "rushed"

fucking lol

Nobody is going to sit and farm T4 raids for 5 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    People who play Classic and TBC don't really care about FF14. Actually FF14 is very different game and its not for everyone. Specially for people who don't like anime bullshit and playing as little girls... So yeah. Try again.
    Yeah! Wow doesnt have little gi-

Ohh....

Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    You think it caters to yours more? The faster you rush phases, the faster you end up being stuck in P6 w/ nothing to do until they, maybe, release wotlk classic. A 4-5 months phases cycle makes sense, putting the possible wotlk classic release in ~2-2½years from now. If you push phases every 2-3 months, then you're down in 10months-1½year which is too fast a schedule if w/e is coming after won't be ready for another year.
    5 months for T4? such a really bad take. 3 months is good, TBC is already becoming a ghost town thanks to boosts and lack of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah! Wow doesnt have little gi-

Ohh....
    WoW also doesn't have anime bullsh-

Whoops...

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    LOL,you think 10% of the wow playerbase clear mythic day 1? no...it literaly is around the 0.001% mark
    we are talking tbc dude

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

Whoops...
    People forget we just killed a giant tentacle monster with a spirit bomb

and the top 0.0001% of players clearing the content in week 1 affects you how?
    By making Blizzard rush things out to keep the feeling of "It's not over yet!" going.

Blizzard works with metrics nowadays. If your game is over by day one, the playerbase gets the feeling of "it's over" and that impacts people not logging back after a few days.

TBC will be over before the end of the year probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Agreed, T5 doesn't invalidate T4, this isn't retail. My guild will be farming T4 still whilst clearing T5.
    And it definitely isn't too soon, even my average raiding guild now DE's 99% of Kara loot and only a few upgrades for specific classes DST/Magus blade come to mind are still needed.
    It will, don't forget the badge gear. It did back then (when even certain things available now weren't available back then). To the point that they added the badges as drops on T4 raids to make people go back to do it (and ended up creating the problem where people would only do Karazhan forever because it was the best badge/time ratio available).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    People who play Classic and TBC don't really care about FF14. Actually FF14 is very different game and its not for everyone. Specially for people who don't like anime bullshit and playing as little girls... So yeah. Try again.
    Don't speak for others when you have the biggest wow streamer (and classic enthusiast) actually playing FF14.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They should have been in right from the start. At first it was difficult to transition between the 40 and 25 player and players were pissed if the were not in the "A" group, but for weeks now we have to fill our 25 player raids with randoms as so many players already stopped playing BC because there was a lack of max raid size content.

I am not sure how many of them are going to come back when this hits live, and I fear this is the end of our guild that made it quite well through classic.

Imho it was a stupid decision to not have them in right from the start, while it would have diminshed the impact of Karazhan on mains, it would (and will throughout BC) still be a good gearing option for alts.
    Most people left because Blizzard lost the momentum by rushing things and a few other things (like the short pre-patch or not fixing the initial player experience with plenty of players rushing to 70 from dungeons, then flooding the initial areas to farm gold making it terrible for anyone to level after day one). Nothing to do with max raid size content.

Short pre-patch, easy to rush/clear content, people shunning "non-rushers" (or boosted/"non-naxx geared" players) out of their groups/guilds and 9.1 right after it. Now that 9.1 is slowing down and people could actually get back to TBCC and try to finish their stuff and catch up, they're rushing the next phase without needing to do it.

Most people will only be back for a WotLK classic launch (or the classic+ diablo season style) and probably leave again because of the same mistakes from Blizzard.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2021-07-30 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    we are talking tbc dude
    follow the replys again,there was the distinction made of retail and tbc,i replied to the retail part

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    It will, don't forget the badge gear. It did back then (when even certain things available now weren't available back then). To the point that they added the badges as drops on T4 raids to make people go back to do it (and ended up creating the problem where people would only do Karazhan forever because it was the best badge/time ratio available).
    T4 25 mans will take 30mins and you get many BIS items in T5 still from those bosses, T4 will still be killed by most guilds. You are wrong here. Kara maybe will be passed over, but Gruul and Maggy? Nah.

follow the replys again,there was the distinction made of retail and tbc,i replied to the retail part
    y my bad then

I'm skipping BC after the debacle of paid classic character transfers. I have no-lifed that shit anyway back then.

How is it doing? Is it as alive as Classic was?

Anyone on the ptr that can confirm if T4 content (specifically maul’gar, gruul and magtheridon) drops more tier tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    People forget we just killed a giant tentacle monster with a spirit bomb
    What? What boss is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    TBC is already becoming a ghost town thanks to boosts and lack of content.
    Shattrath is lagging every weekend because of way too many players online. A literal ghost town!

And on the item: my tank is still wearing mostly blue, despite me being present in raid every week, because the items simply did not drop yet. If Blizz would release SSC/TK in a few weeks, it is likely that I can not tank that, because of my bad gear state. Many players are in the same situation, therefore it would be a bad move to release SSC/TK so soon.
    Last edited by twothe; 2021-08-02 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Linking Shadowlands cinematics in response to a post solely about Classic / TBC seems a tad bit stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Linking Shadowlands cinematics in response to a post solely about Classic / TBC seems a tad bit stupid.
    Fair enough, rude though.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    they removed the ability to /spit on others, it's not a bug have you not seen the front page of MMO-C in recent days? There is a big stink about it.
    My response was like 2 days before this info was on front page fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    it's almost like the game isn't catered to your personal schedule or something

- - - Updated - - -

It's always been like that. PTR is really buggy with random things like that. You also cannot link items in /say.

What does my schedule have to do with anythign? Almost no one has their 4 piece yet... unless you're 2k+ in 5's...

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Shattrath is lagging every weekend because of way too many players online. A literal ghost town!

And on the item: my tank is still wearing mostly blue, despite me being present in raid every week, because the items simply did not drop yet. If Blizz would release SSC/TK in a few weeks, it is likely that I can not tank that, because of my bad gear state. Many players are in the same situation, therefore it would be a bad move to release SSC/TK so soon.
    The game laggs with 100 players in one area mate, not sure what your point there is? Go and have a 40 v 40 outside of shatt and the area will lagg, 2021 servers.

And everyone in my casual guilds main char is almost BiS geared and T5 doesn't invalidate T4, so you have no worry there...
    If you are in almost full blues right now then you clearly haven't cleared raids most weeks or you are lying. If your guild isn't geared for T5 yet, that is fine, you carry on with T4, the world doesn't wait for the slowest, other wise it would never move on.