Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I feel like it would've been simpler and less impactful to players to just re-name everything that referenced the name, he's got quite a few mentions in-game...
    All items referencing him have been renamed.

The NPC served no function besides being his avatar, so it was easy to boot completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Haha, totally what I said. Do you have something to say or is it just quippy reddit tier strawman comments?
    Oh then please elaborate what "new things" would be equal to renaming a npc in terms of work required that you would feel good about? A pet, a mount? A dungeon or a raid? Please do tell.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-08-02 at 09:25 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

what NPC are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    So is everything else he worked on, they should remove that too.
    Why? Why his work should be removed? If that is the case, lets remove Arthas and all Lich King lore from the game because he does say "Kill them all" and I am sure "all" covers all genders-like creatures. It must be some "wild corrupted toxic frat boy" that created such quest, right? This is same crap you are on about and I think you should make a difference between a game, reference and a real person.

#StopTeletubbingWoW
    #ForTheHordeWithoutVulperans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The npc was reference to him and nothin else, leaving him in would be nothing but an insult to all the victims.
    Then why don't we delete Lich King? Sylvanas? Garrosh? Hell the whole fucking game from the universe as he and other accused have worked on it until 2020?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Oh then please elaborate what new things would be equal to renaming a npc in terms of work requirement that you would feel good about?
    The comment I quoted was talking about Kael'thas. Why are you talking about renaming NPCs?

You don't think rerecording every single voice line for a character is time that could be used on new quests/content? It's a waste of time.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Granted, but Muffinus talks about developing 'anti-toxicity technology'
    I'm surprised he didn't say "anti-toxicity system".

I imagine something like a "toxicity-energy", where you're allowed to say bad words only a handful of times before the toxicity energy is depleted and you have to wait a few days until it recharges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

I imagine something like a "toxicity-energy", where you're allowed to say bad words only a handful of times before the toxicity energy is depleted and you have to wait a few days until it recharges.
    Why not put a recharge booster on the store?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Khann View Post
    Why? Why his work should be removed? If that is the case, lets remove Arthas and all Lich King lore from the game because he does say "Kill them all" and I am sure "all" covers all genders-like creatures. It must be some "wild corrupted toxic frat boy" that created such quest, right? This is same crap you are on about and I think you should make a difference between a game, reference and a real person.

#StopTeletubbingWoW
    #ForTheHordeWithoutVulperans
    Calm down, he meant it ironically he's on our side

10+ Year Old Account
    The comment I quoted was talking about Kael'thas. Why are you talking about renaming NPCs?

You don't think rerecording every single voice line for a character is time that could be used on new quests/content? It's a waste of time.
    Same shit, you make it sound like hiring and recording a voice actor is an arbitrary and convoluted task, especially since all the new quest lines are voiced. So i dont see really where you going with this.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Exactly, his work should be recognized, whatever he did. Who the fuck cares about his private life?

The game is not that creator's private life, it's his achievement.

There is a legal ground on which he could even sue those trying to remove his work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Then why don't we delete Lich King? Sylvanas? Garrosh? Hell the whole fucking game from the universe as he and other accused have worked on it until 2020?
    Exactly this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

I had to laugh so hard Dude, don't give them ideas or the next patch will contain this XDXD
    Last edited by Exkimono; 2021-08-02 at 09:36 AM.

And 50% off the profit go to some random charity (rather than, you know, their employees).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Because they arent a reference? The NPC was literally called "Field Marshal Afrasiabi".

Quote Originally Posted by Exkimono View Post
    snip
    Imagine making a burner account to respond in the same thread of your other burner account. How pathetic can you be.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-08-02 at 09:39 AM.

You will even be able to buy it on discount during pride month

- - - Updated - - -

Because they arent a reference? The NPC was literally called "Field Marshal Afrasiabi".
    And your point is? He did more for this game than you ever will in your entire life.
    He deserves to be recognized for his years of hard work shaping the game along with everybody else on the team.
    Last edited by Exkimono; 2021-08-02 at 09:40 AM.

Calm down, he meant it ironically he's on our side
    Okay then. I have seen many people saying the same, without the irony. Hence the reaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will even be able to buy it on discount during pride month

- - - Updated - - -

And your point is? He did more for this game than you ever will in your entire life.
    He deserves to be recognized for his years of hard work shaping the game along with everybody else on the team.
    Mabye he should've thought about that before he started to harass woman, but atleast he did get his recognition for that by getting all his references removed.

Its quite sad that you actually defend such a person.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-08-02 at 09:44 AM.

Exactly, his work should be recognized, whatever he did. Who the fuck cares about his private life?
    No one cares about his private life, they care about what he did in the workplace
    The game is not that creator's private life, it's his achievement.
    I was unaware king sex pest single-handedly created WoW.
    There is a legal ground on which he could even sue those trying to remove his work.
    No, not on any level is that even arguably correct.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Mabye he should've thought about that before he started to harass woman. /shrug

Its quite sad that you actually defend such a person.
    Oh, so you are without sin I take it?
    What gives you the false assumption that you are in a position to teach anybody anything about morals? /shrung

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was built by Afrasabi, a great part of the story has been heavily written by him but you will just ignore it so long as the name doesn't come up? Like "out of sight, out of mind"? You realize how dumb and pathetic that is right?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    No one cares about his private life, they care about what he did in the workplace

I was unaware king sex pest single-handedly created WoW.

No, not on any level is that even arguably correct.
    1. Again: A video game world is not his workplace. It's his achievement.

2. Who said he created it single handedly? Try reading the next sentence after the first one.

3. Well if you live in a communist country maybe not. Thankfully here in the US it's another story to what you are used to.
    Last edited by Exkimono; 2021-08-02 at 09:50 AM.