Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Are You Happy That Blizzard Tries Changing WoW in Regards to The Lawsuit?

Removal of NPCs, renaming items because of real-world problems.
    Feasel pointing to actions to come.

What are your thoughts about the current events?
    Last edited by Exkimono; 2021-08-02 at 10:24 AM.

Removing completely irrelevant npcs that serve only (and exclusively) to glorify king sex pest is not and should not be a problem for anyone.

How about we wait until blizzard actually removes a metal bikini before we all start screaming the sky is falling.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure which NPC are being removed. I really hope not my favorite ones.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait what items changed ? other than alex affrabiasi names. ? ?

anyway , im not happy/happy about renaming/removal NPCs because still the lawsuit is not confirmed that alex have commited or not , if they confirm that he harrased then 100% i am happy , if no problem also , thanks if he did good things in game.

now the happy changes i wanna see is reduce the grinding because its hillarious and doesnot make since like Legion . every piece of gear is ranked up , every legendary and lot of pvp grinding in there needs to be to squished , i have 8hr job and i cant keep up with the game i have to sta 1month and half just to gear it alone and doing the boring ass torghass

WoW is a game, let it be a game. It's a fantasy world, so let it be a fantasy world.

Minor things, sure who cares. But please don't let them go overboard with this.

Am I supposed to be impressed by token changes in order to appease the loudest voices? It's all about PR move. If they'd actually do significant structural changes with full intent of bettering themselves, then that'd be great. But, it's the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not happy. I don't support this lawsuit and I don't support Blizzard actions.

renaming NPCs named after people implicated is a good move and fortunately makes little difference to the game or story since very few (if any) of the NPCs named after devs have a large role in the lore

changing the /spit emote not to work on players in TBCc is an interesting move since it's just as open to abuse on the Shadowlands realms but is apparently unchanged there. I really wouldn't mind either way if they change it on SL realms though

obviously it's far more important though that they fix the problems in their company. everybody has the right to a safe and healthy work environment. making in game changes doesn't remove the need for real life change but it doesn't mean they're not making those too, I'd imagine they're just being much more careful before releasing any more public statements
    Last edited by rayvio; 2021-08-02 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I’m not sure which NPC are being removed. I really hope not my favorite ones.
    Anything to reference Afrasiabi. His dragon head turn in npc in Stormwind got changed to a female named Field Marshal Stonebridge. Fras Siabi in Stratholme and his axe from Dire Maul has been renamed to Ezra Grimm and Grimm's Cigar Cutter, as well as Grimm's Advertisement and Grimm's Barely Bigger Beer. Lord Afrastrasz at Wyrmrest Temple is now Lord Devrestrasz. Pathstalker Kariel in Eversong Woods is now Pathstalker Avokor (Apparently it's a character he plays/played). Shard of Afrasa is now Shard of the Splithooves.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    WoW is a game, let it be a game. It's a fantasy world, so let it be a fantasy world.

Minor things, sure who cares. But please don't let them go overboard with this.
    Why? So that victims can continue to be reminded that their attacker can be immortalized within the video game? Get your head in the right place.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkimono View Post
    Removal of NPCs, renaming items because of real-world problems.
    Feasel pointing to actions to come.

What are your thoughts about the current events?
    Doesnt do much. They gotta solve the issues they have inside the company, thats what matter the most. Removing the NPCs is just virtue signaling. I bet most people never noticed the names anyway of the NPCs

10+ Year Old Account
    No. This cancel culture trend needs to die. The NPC isn't responsible for anything happening in real world and if anything it is a testament of a happier time (I hope). Shit like this and the Kael'thas re-voicing drive me up the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Why? So that victims can continue to be reminded that their attacker can be immortalized within the video game? Get your head in the right place.
    No, so ignorant people like you can try to spin whatever sentence they want into something that wasn't even close to be what they thought it was.

The sheer stupidity in your post is embarrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    wait what items changed ? other than alex affrabiasi names. ? ?

anyway , im not happy/happy about renaming/removal NPCs because still the lawsuit is not confirmed that alex have commited or not , if they confirm that he harrased then 100% i am happy , if no problem also , thanks if he did good things in game.

now the happy changes i wanna see is reduce the grinding because its hillarious and doesnot make since like Legion . every piece of gear is ranked up , every legendary and lot of pvp grinding in there needs to be to squished , i have 8hr job and i cant keep up with the game i have to sta 1month and half just to gear it alone and doing the boring ass torghass
    This, basically.
    If it becomes meaningful i'll complain, but as is it's inconsequential.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I don't really care tbh. So far all of it has been irrelevant in my eyes, but if some people feel this is somehow relevant and just then great.

5+ Year Old Account
    I only hope they won’t kill off Algalon because that’s an instant unsubscribe for me.

Why would I ever be happy of real world events making changes to the game?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

raping and abusing women at work isn't acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No, so ignorant people like you can try to spin whatever sentence they want into something that wasn't even close to be what they thought it was.

The sheer stupidity in your post is embarrasing.
    Not really? Clearly you've never been a victim of sexual harassment, clearly you never watched your harasser get away with the crime they committed against you. These are not unfound claims, there's proof otherwise Afrasiabi wouldn't have been fired and there wouldn't be an investigation going to the courts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely and totally don't mind it.

I don't see how some shitty Easter egg NPC that does not matter getting name changed or some side quest/item getting changed should have me falling on a fainting couch.