Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've seen that happen at my guild too.

We started tbc with a big roster from three guilds merging (not all players of all 3, parts of them went elsewhere).

We knew those numbers would change, as people would quit, reroll spontaneously, be on vacation,...

This week we had to cancel our 25 man, as 2 healer quit entirely, 2 tanks are offline for a month now, one transfered server.

Also we seem to have gotten a lot of friends / family people in, who are below average players and bring in very little effort
    (Barely any enchants, jewels or food). If it wasnt for the few good players in here, pushing the others, we probably wouldnt have gotten most of them through the - lets be honest - very easy kara attunement.

We did clear all of t4 last week, but it felt really hard to get this raid through.

I dont see how we get them all through the eye quest chain, or the raid afterwards. It feels really bad, but i dont see a future for this team.

The better raiders will move to better raids and i cant really blame them for it.
    The rest will probably take forever to get forward, if they do so at all.

Sorry for the long post and me rambling on.

Tl:dr we lose the better members because this guild has an unhealthy mix of good and lazy players

Nope. We gained 3 or 4 from my previous guild the past few days, though

Quote Originally Posted by Lanesra View Post
    Tl:dr we lose the better members because this guild has an unhealthy mix of good and lazy players
    TBC is recapitulating the failed raid design of the original BC.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoLarcos View Post
    So over the past 10 days 4-5 players in my guild have quit raiding...

Before TBCC started I did read a lot about people quitting and guilds poaching members from each other... I thought people were exaggerating but we are only 2 months in and I'm starting to see the trend

I cannot imagine what is going to happen in t5-t6...

Just imagine... you have a full geared raider attuned and suddenly he quits and the guild loses all the resources that raider got

So now the guild has to recruit new raiders who are often not geared or even not attuned... sounds like a vicious circle for many guilds

What do you guys think?
    There is solution for that.. it's called "let's do soft reset every raid tier so guilds have access to more people". You won't find this solution in Classic TBC though, you bought ride to see how things were working back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    80 people roster with specific intent of dumping ~50 of them
    You're looking at his post completely wrong.

They don't make three 25mans with the "SPECIFIC INTENT" of dropping two of them. Nobody "specifically intends" for 2/3 of the guild's raiders to quit.

They make three 25mans so that when people inevitably quit the game, there's still plenty of other people in the guild to raid with.

3+ Year Old Account
    Since most people are enjoying summer at beach (me too), we are opening our 25-man raid on Mag /Gruul to PUGs, soft-reserved. We are having 10-14 absences per Sunday (our 25-man raiding day) so we are filling the roster with PUGS and everything is going smooth and getting kills on 1-2 tries.

We lost about 5 people during the 9.0-9.1 patch break. Then lost 7 people because of Blizzard lawsuit thing. Sucks man. Had such a good guild full of talented players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Since most people are enjoying summer at beach (me too), we are opening our 25-man raid on Mag /Gruul to PUGs, soft-reserved. We are having 10-14 absences per Sunday (our 25-man raiding day) so we are filling the roster with PUGS and everything is going smooth and getting kills on 1-2 tries.
    Yeah I was refering to ppl quitting the game, not going on vacation

Lost some to unknown reasons (haven't logged on in a while). Lost some due to prior commitments (raiding in retail). Lost some (I assume) due to summer time stuff. It happens. We keep on trying to recruit and fill raids. If it consistently is a problem, then we work towards another solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoLarcos View Post
    So over the past 10 days 4-5 players in my guild have quit raiding...

Before TBCC started I did read a lot about people quitting and guilds poaching members from each other... I thought people were exaggerating but we are only 2 months in and I'm starting to see the trend

I cannot imagine what is going to happen in t5-t6...

Just imagine... you have a full geared raider attuned and suddenly he quits and the guild loses all the resources that raider got

So now the guild has to recruit new raiders who are often not geared or even not attuned... sounds like a vicious circle for many guilds

What do you guys think?
    Had a thought yesterday. We have around 800 people in our guild. Yet, for Kara, we have only two groups running, and are working on a third. The interest in raiding is actually quite low in our guild. So I can't say that our raiders are quitting, but rather not many are all that interested.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

3+ Year Old Account
    Guilds should eat their egos and merge or disband. There are way too many guilds in comparison to the number of rosters.

The guild master of the guild I was in masterlooted DST for himself with a bunch of pug in the raid, then everyone else left.

I quit as well recently. TBC wasn't as fun the second time as the first. Just couldn't be bothered when there are games such as FFXIV and new world going strong

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Guilds should eat their egos and merge or disband. There are way too many guilds in comparison to the number of rosters.
    That was our strategy from the beginning: Build one good Kara team, gear up, and merge with another guild when we're ready to really give 25 mans a go. We had a good core (10-15 people) and we found another guild with 10-15 good players, and we merged. Now we have 20-30 good players.

Because of scheduling differences, a lot of us end up doing heroics with 2-3 guildies and 2-3 PUGS. A lot of those pugs end up leaving their guild to join ours.

I say all this with one important caveat: We're not elite players. We're not a stellar guild. What we are is a collection of adults who treat the other players like adults. We have fun, even when we wipe. And we have some tremendous leadership, who keep people motivated and smiling even when we do wipe.

I think that's why we're adding bodies even as others are losing folks. People want to play somewhere they feel included, where success is possible, and where they have a fair shot at gearing up their player (and alts, where possible.)

Yeah, TBC seems like the death blow to the classic experiment.

Vanilla worked well because half the game was leveling, but by the time TBC came out we'd all leveled ourselves to death. You end up feeling confined to the small new map instead of the old massive world we had to run around in.

Add in the elitism/toxicity and the min-max gameplay with no mystery left to it, and it just becomes apparent that this is a big waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played Classic at all, but my roommate has been prog raiding from the start and his guild is basically uprooting and moving to another server because of the lack of raiders. From our discussions it seems like a lot of the servers are rapidly losing players, and the ones staying behind just aren't into endgame/raiding, or aren't all that great. I pondered why Blizzard doesn't just merge the realms, but I barely had the sentence out of my mouth before my roommate slapped me with "if they did that then Blizzard wouldn't be able to milk all the hardcore raiders for server transfers." Duh, dunno why that slipped my mind, lol.

I think there's gonna be one last big push on Classic servers when WotLK comes out, and that's it. TBC Classic just started and it's almost on life support, I can't imagine that Cataclysm Classic servers are going to have enough interest to keep the experiment going.

TBC gets really bad with raider burnout and then the stacking attunements, not surprised at all they did away with them in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Of course it is. And it's silly to post otherwise here. I have noticed a steep drop off in FFXIV in the last 1-2 months; this happens with every MMO during the Summer months.
    Wow Classic was released in August and had a phenomenal launch.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should drop phases every two months instead of whatever they're doing now. It's too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Wow Classic was released in August and had a phenomenal launch.
    It was released August 26, basically the end of summer.

I really wish TBC had launched late August too. I feel like I lost precious summer time to this game, after being in lockdown for months already. And we may be headed for another lockdown next winter if current trends continue....