Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    From a game design perspective that is just awful. You'd essentially still have to support all the old shit technology wise while getting none of the content out of it. You might as well just fake something into the story and make a portal somewhere that connects old shit to new shit.
    You just have the old models and skins dude

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    You just have the old models and skins dude
    So I take it you have no programming experience of any kind then, ok got you.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So I take it you have no programming experience of any kind then, ok got you.
    Depending on how they do it they can pull it off in the same way other games have for legacy unlocks

I have no clue how the game would be changed and neither do you

They can essentially make it a blocked off expansion with no previous ties or access to the old content
    Or
    They can make a brand new game from the ground up and use a program to flag account access to the mounts and transmog

If they go halfway then it’s not a big deal
    If they go full scorched earth it’s more work but it’s a new game anyways why not do it right

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    If the final raid of this expansion isn't the long-awaited "Cosby Suite" raid then I am going to stay unsubbed.
    Alex as final boss? Might evolve helping some chained girls, while avoiding greg throwing beerglasses?

The jailer will be the first boss just to get rid of him asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    With the corona push backs, the current shitstorm and Blizzards inability to think things through, i really doubt we are gonna get something particularly grand.
    How awfull it sounds I actually believe there is truth in your words. Just on a personal level It feels like nothing will be big enough, but hey who knows..

WoW 2? At this point of the franchise and the company? lol
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnjohn View Post
    Maybe you should accept people's opinions for what they are and stop trying to tell them what to do and enjoy. Game was fine before Mythic +. You may like it, I hate it. In fact if people who use the expression "Get good" vanished from mmorpgs forever, I would not cry about it.

Now, go away.
    But no one forces you to do it?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I would really curb down 10.0 scope expectations, with corona and current drama obstructing work hard.
    Absolutely this.

A new class is likely, I'd say. I think they get rid of borrowed power and just give us a new talent row with conduits or Covenant skills turned into a talent, so the easiest way. That's it for character progression. But a world revamp? No way.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Absolutely this.

A new class is likely, I'd say. I think they get rid of borrowed power and just give us a new talent row with conduits or Covenant skills turned into a talent, so the easiest way. That's it for character progression. But a world revamp? No way.
    If we're tamping down expectations scrap that new class off there.

You get 10 levels, 5 zones, rehashed world quests, and that's it.

And that's also a perfect definition of "maintenance mode."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    An expansion like Vanilla WoW. 40 years into the future. Some notable characters are gone, some very old. Every patch is random like vanilla was.
    This would be perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

I think working on a new class began quite early, therefore COVID and all of the internal turmoil are not really affecting it. I mean they have to give the expansion some major feature, even if it's just one. A new class would be the most serviceable feature. Borrowed power 4.0? Nobody would eat that sh*t up unless it's the return of artifact weapons. Housing? Well... no thanks. What else? A class is easily done and has some WOW-factor attached to it. I think it's a pretty safe bet. If not... I don't want to think about that yet.

The Jailer screws up azeroth, we gotta return and help. Blizzard has redone all of EK/K, we all start at level 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely this.

I don't think a world revamp is out of the question when consider the possibility that they've been working on it for a while. BfA saw an overhaul of Arathi and Darkshore, and along with them a lot of assets like buildings and natural objects have already been remade. Similarly, do you really think 9.1 was that big of an undertaking for the world design team? And I don't mean the artists that make raids/dungeons, but the artists for overworld environments. Nah, I promise you Korthia wasn't the reason 9.1 took so long, so the world designers were pretty clearly already working on something else before 9.1 even came out. There's a chance 9.2 might see some large and elaborate zone(s) but if that doesn't happen then I'm pretty certain that the world designers have been focusing on something else for the duration of Shadowlands.

Maintenance mode would be a zone and a raid. Several zones, dungeons and raids is hardly maintenance mode, the game has survived perfectly fine on less content than that.

Once the game starts giving us a new raids a year apart with nothing of note in between can we really start calling it maintenance mode.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The Jailer screws up azeroth, we gotta return and help. Blizzard has redone all of EK/K, we all start at level 1.
    I wouldn't even be mad to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    An expansion like Vanilla WoW. 40 years into the future. Some notable characters are gone, some very old. Every patch is random like vanilla was.
    I'd love that. Different flavour every patch is a big yes!

This is likely enough. Unless the financials are worse than you or I might think.

This will bring about 0 players back, so if they can afford that, it's the easiest and cheapest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I wouldn't even be mad to be honest...

I'd love that. Different flavour every patch is a big yes!
    a total nuke of Azeroth(a reset), or jumping far into the future would be perfect for a 10.0 xpac. Of course it has to be done without affecting current characters and all that, cause that would suck.

If theres a time to do it, its for the next xpac.

We have chromie time now + the classic & bc servers for the old world. Blizzard has set it up perfectly to change it up dramatically on retail.

Has anyone seen "A Watchful Raven" in oribos? It's a humanoid, not a beast and it's aligned with the Kirin Tor. Khadgar is most likely in Shadowlands with us but hasn't made his presence known yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely this.

Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands, but the thematic of the expansion didn't support it. So yeah, I could see a new class already being ready to go for the next expansion.

The real question is does the expansion get revealed later this month at Gamescon, or does it get revealed at BlizzCon in February?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands
    Where did they do that?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-08-02 at 02:45 PM. Reason: bud anglish

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Where did that do that?
    You have to follow the expansion leaks back in 2019. There were multiple leaks attaching a class to the Shadowlands expansion. Later in the cycle (around October a few weeks before Shadowlands announcement) a leak emerged saying that the new class was scrapped because it didn't fit the theme of the expansion. Blizzard seemingly backed this up by mentioning that no new class matched the thematic or setting of Shadowlands, and that DKs were the death class in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by edave22 View Post
    Has anyone seen "A Watchful Raven" in oribos? It's a humanoid, not a beast and it's aligned with the Kirin Tor. Khadgar is most likely in Shadowlands with us but hasn't made his presence known yet.
    Either that or Medivh, we did after all last see him in Karazhan talking about the grander conflict beyond the burning Legion, and the ability to turn into a raven is more associated with him rather than Khadgar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You have to follow the expansion leaks back in 2019. There were multiple leaks attaching a class to the Shadowlands expansion. Later in the cycle (around October a few weeks before Shadowlands announcement) a leak emerged saying that the new class was scrapped because it didn't fit the theme of the expansion. Blizzard seemingly backed this up by mentioning that no new class matched the thematic or setting of Shadowlands, and that DKs were the death class in WoW.
    That could have been a coincidence though. The "leaks" back then seemed to be of three camps, world revamp, dragon Isles, or the Shadowlands. And since it was 4 years since DH it just seemed to make sense to have a new class in the leak.
    The world revamp dream will never die!