Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I don't think you people understand what the term "Whale" means in relation to a game such as this one.

There's no "whaling" going on if all you do is pay a sub fee and spend loads of time in the game. Buying every store mount? Eh, they don't come out nearly as often as they would need to before players baked purchasing them into their monthly spending on this game. The only thing players can really "Whale" on, is either having multiple accounts, and tokens.

And loads of money does not equate quality. They're making a metric shitton of money, growing profits each year. The game was never as good as during 14 months where the playerbase was divided between "Fuck this expansion's themes!!!!!11" and the 5 million sticking with it for a long-ass drought.

And anyone announcing that they feel like a victim over spending money on a game, is just a sadsack.
    Wtf are you talking about? No whaling? You forget you can buy gold with the tokens and that is ''whaling'' because with that gold you can buy boosts with which you can get almost EVERYTHING in the game including best gear, best achievements and high pvp rating and you can always be on top that is why wow is pay to win just like a mobile game just not in a direct way and with less of an impact.

There is a reason the brutosaur mount was announced it's being removed because no normal player would be able to gather that amount of gold in that short time.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2021-08-01 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? No whaling? You forget you can buy gold with the tokens and that is ''whaling'' because with that gold you can buy boosts with which you can get almost EVERYTHING in the game including best gear, best achievements and high pvp rating and you can always be on top that is why wow is pay to win just like a mobile game just not in a direct way and with less of an impact.

There is a reason the brutosaur mount was announced it's being removed because no normal player would be able to gather that amount of gold in that short time.
    Did I not literally mention tokens as the one thing players can be whales on...? I very much did.

And as a normal player, I can shit all over your statement about the Brutosaur. I got it spending not a single dime of real money, and learning how to make gold more efficiently. It was not a short time from the announcement to when it disappeared.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Avtivision has no control over Blizzard. Activision and Blizzard are two separate companies under one roof that goes by the name of Activision-Blizzard. Activision does nothing to Blizzard and vice versa,.
    Recent news killed that myth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Normal player here: not a hard core AH player, not a hardcore raider/m+ player, never been part of a carry team for gold. Never sold a token for gold. Merely someone who has been playing the game since the beginning of TBC and slowly, steadily, accumulated gold. I own a Brut.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ...So they might make actual good games and new IP's.

If you are fine with the current new rounds of money-grabbing...Fine, be it so...

Honestly, its like Asmongold said it...Us nerds, us achievement hunters with 500 mounts and 30k nerd points...Us whales, were in an abusive relationship. First they re-verse the 35 fee for copy transfer in classic, but then strike right back with a TCG item and 6 month sub mount. Honestly, the amount of crazy micro transactions added to wow since Legion is next level. Just since Shadowlands it feels like they added soo much...Deluxe Edition for TBC is disgusting price also.

Gut, I fear mobile gaming...First it was annoying how much money they made, and like the...focus and attention, BUT NOW! it seems like PC games has to compete with these abusive money grabbing methods. We can see that with cod mobile, and how Blizzard aint even important or whatever...

I just hope that Blizzard then actually makes money to further development for actually good games, IP's or paying better wages...idk. I don't see much "WOW Factor" about Diablo 4 so far, Overwatch 2 seems pointless and WoW seems beaten by a weeb game (Lets be honest here) from Japan in numbers, that apparently has even worse microtransactions. And all their other games and re-makes are barely alive...Honestly if it wasent for Diablo 2 re-make Blizzard dont even have any anything but TBC classic, which I doubt will ever get as popular as classic did for those first months...

I really, really dislike how these trends are heading. Cause I know I will buy the fucking deluxe version cause of the freaking mount, and then later I hope the 6 month sub mount goes on sale in like 1-2 years at December...Im pathetic, we all are for buying this crap. And im saying im pathetic when I don't even spend money on it, but I do spend time...I have 22 million atm in wow, I AH play a lot in wow, but I know that every time Blizzard takes a shit thats a million gold gone in wow tokens...And the tokens are only going up in price lately...
    You know they are, and you don't think they're making good games and IPs now. So what is the point of this thread? Is it Pointless Day?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I don't get how people could possibly claim Blizzard is going "woke" when all these internal leaks about their office culture prove the exact opposite. Should they have doubled down?

More money? Yeah. If they make more money they will care less. The only reason they would ever change something is if they make less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't get how people could possibly claim Blizzard is going "woke" when all these internal leaks about their office culture prove the exact opposite. Should they have doubled down?
    To a lot of people, woke is synonymous with symbolic changes while being hypocritical beneath the surface. So, for example, changing the outfits of female characters to be more modest or removing Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch, but behind the scenes treating female employees like shit.

Or another way to look at it, the people who are the loudest "allies" are often hiding skeletons in their own closet.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    To a lot of people, woke is synonymous with symbolic changes while being hypocritical beneath the surface. So, for example, changing the outfits of female characters to be more modest or removing Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch, but behind the scenes treating female employees like shit.

Or another way to look at it, the people who are the loudest "allies" are often hiding skeletons in their own closet.
    Fair, but I was mostly referring to the now banned poster who has been consistently acting as if Blizzard hasn't done anything wrong and is still woke pandering at the same time, for about 4000 posts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    We need another videogame crash to eliminate all the bad practices. Nothing else will work. Stop buying into the hype. Vote with your wallet, and I mean not buying shit.
    This. Blizzard doesn't understand but one language, the one whose first letter is an $ and the last is another $. As long as people keep paying for the half assed &$#@ they put out, they will keep on releasing half assed, expensive $&#@.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Why assumes when wishing a company to make 'profit' they would acquire it by making more revenue?

Reality is, for blizzard, they are generating profit by cutting cost, look at the current minimal viable product they are producing, look at the people fired, and lower wage people re-hired.

The sub based right now is die hard followers that will stick to the company no matter what.

Yeah I also wish Blizzard to have even higher profit, what content should be cut next?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Did I not literally mention tokens as the one thing players can be whales on...? I very much did.

And as a normal player, I can shit all over your statement about the Brutosaur. I got it spending not a single dime of real money, and learning how to make gold more efficiently. It was not a short time from the announcement to when it disappeared.
    I did not say it is impossible of course it is possible if you do what is needed and farm every day. Yes it was a short time for an average player to gather 5 min gold.
    In order to get that mount you were being forced to invest a huge amount of time farming and if you did not have that time or you would not want to play wow in the few months remaining you missed that mount.
    That was a dick move from blizzard because it encouraged token sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Normal player here: not a hard core AH player, not a hardcore raider/m+ player, never been part of a carry team for gold. Never sold a token for gold. Merely someone who has been playing the game since the beginning of TBC and slowly, steadily, accumulated gold. I own a Brut.
    I did not say it's impossible. When the mount was announced for removal me and i am sure many others that wanted it did not have time to gather that amount or could not play wow anymore till the end of the expansion from different reasons.

Blizzard has missed the boat on a HUGE opprotunity they have. With all of the characters they have instead of Heroes of the SDtorm that should had done a Smash bros style game. As it stands now there is no really GOOD one for anything outside of the switch, the only thing close is that brawlhalla garbage. Could you imagine a Lost pirate vs galywix x diablo vs kerigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmmega View Post
    I unsubbed
    /waves Bye Felicia

It is not a myth. That is the actual corporate structure. Acitivision-Blizzard is the parent company of both Activision and Blizzard. Both are completely separate companies with their own respective CEO's: Blizzard's CEO is J. Allen Brack. Actrivision's CEO is Ertic Hirshberg. Booby Kotickl is the CEO of Activision-Blizzard. Neither Hirshberg nor Activision have any power over Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is not a myth. That is the actual corporate structure. Acitivision-Blizzard is the parent company of both Activision and Blizzard. Both are completely separate companies with their own respective CEO's: Blizzard's CEO is J. Allen Brack. Actrivision's CEO is Ertic Hirshberg. Booby Kotickl is the CEO of Activision-Blizzard. Neither Hirshberg nor Activision have any power over Blizzard.
    It is is myth. You can spout this bullshit all you want. Recent news has explicitly stated otherwise.

But, of course, some random anonymous poster on a gaming forum knows better.

It is is myth. You can spout this bullshit all you want. Recent news has explicitly stated otherwise.

Do you have a link to this? Id be curious to see it. The info is so murky on this it would be refreshing to a see an article that is clear cut on it like you found.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ...So they might make actual good games and new IP's.
    That's like saying you hope McDonald's make more money so they improve their menu and food quality.

That's not how it works.

No it hasn't. You can look up the corporate structure yourself. Activision-Blizzard is the holding company under which Activision and Blizzard both exist as separate companies. Booby Kotick is the CEO of Activision-Blizzard;. Activision and Blizzard both have their own CEO's who report to Bobby. Those are the facts and you can go to the Activision-Blizzard website to see it. The only one spouting BS is you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Do you have a link to this? Id be curious to see it. The info is so murky on this it would be refreshing to a see an article that is clear cut on it like you found.
    He doesn't because the facts on how this came together are widely known. Activision-Blizzard was a holding company created in 2008 as a result of the merger of Activision and Vivendi games. The holding company owns both Activision and Blizzard who operate as two separate entities with their own CEO's. Eric Hirschberg and J. Allen Brack. Those CEO's report to the Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick.

I mean if you are worth 8.09 billion in 2020 and still have issue making great games, I'd say your focus is not on making great games. Probably focusing more on in-game purchases/transactions.

They spend the bare minimum on games. If a game does well it just means a very few people make more money.

Overwatch is a weird example too. I would argue that the game would not have succeeded without battle.net which wouldn't have a huge playerbase on without wow. Yet you saw none of the money they made at the height of the overwatch hype go back to anything that made it a success. Instead they started downsizing the staff working on wow and shifting people away from it. I dont think more money helps them at all to make a better product. HotS was making a profit, but not at the same margins as their other IP's so they cut that.

As soon as they find a way to automate raid design at 70% efficiency they'll do it and kick a few people out. Then in 3 weeks fix the boss that the algorithm accidentally made look like a flying crying butthole.