Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah That’s not going to happen.

Despite trump’s efforts the US is not some tin pot dictatorship. Terrorists will be dealt with like terrorists. And frankly I don’t care how many violent ya’llqaeda fucks get killed if they decide to become violent, and I don’t care if prosecuting trump causes them to become so.
    even if it were a million people minimum? You would not feel bad if the Marines massacred thousands of people because they wouldn't stand down?

And it absolutely would be anarchy. When we quelled the capitol rioters, some of the Trump supporters said what the military intervened in was evil and against free will. That would inspire a new generation of legacy violence.

Please note this is on the topic of repercussions and the influence Trump holds to incite further violence. It's no laughing matter. This man isn't a petty crook like people assume. He's a world class criminal.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2021-08-02 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    even if it were a million people minimum? You would not feel bad if the Marines massacred thousands of people because they wouldn't stand down?

And it absolutely would be anarchy. When we quelled the capitol rioters, some of the Trump supporters said what the military intervened in was evil and against free will.

Please note this is on the topic of repurcessions and the influence Trump holds to incite further violence. It's no laughing matter. This man isn't a petty crook like people assume. He's a world class criminal.
    So you would just ignore terrorists if the try to stage a coup? Now i don't like "killing thousands of people", but if these people attack and try to subver democracy, what should we do? Sit by and let them do?

Serious question: If there would have been a way to eliminate the 12 terrorists on 9/11, would you have supported it, or would you have let them fly into the towers, as otherwise it would be anarchy?

Make no mistake: They may have white skin, but are the same terrorists, with the same goals: Klling off american democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    So you would just ignore terrorists if they try to stage a coup? Now I don't like "killing thousands of people", but if these people attack and try to subvert democracy, what should we do? Sit by and let them do?
    It's a shitty situation. We would have no choice but to kill or detain most of them but don't act like it's inconsequential if we did so.

That hypothetical scenario, though, is the power/threat Trump holds over Biden if he or his administration tries to arrest him. I imagine that is why he is still free and facing no real trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I feel like the line in that article should have been:

I'll see myself out...
    That's a heucuva thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shitty situation. We would have no choice but to kill or detain most of them but don't act like it's inconsequential if we did so.

That hypothetical scenario, though, is the power/threat Trump holds over Biden if he or his administration tries to arrest him. I imagine that is why he is still free and facing no real trouble.
    The other reason would be that they are dilligently looking for proof/witnesses and not just shoot "lock him up!" from the hip. You know... like justice USED to work before...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The other reason would be that they are dilligently looking for proof/witnesses and not just shoot "lock him up!" from the hip. You know... like justice USED to work before...
    what do you mean proof? He got impeached and openly supports white nationalist conspiracies and encouraged the insurrection. That should be more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    what do you mean proof? He got impeached and openly supports white nationalist conspiracies and encouraged the insurrection. That should be more than enough.
    Neither being impeached not supporting white nationalists is a crime afaik. I'm all for locking him up for his role in jan. 6, but first they need proof that he planned/encouraged it.

Dragging Trump in front of a judge just to get him scott free because there is no good evidence would be even worse.

Looks like DeathSantis is drawing criticism from more Floridian public figures.

'Wrong-Headed': Miami Beach Mayor Blames DeSantis After Florida Sets COVID-19 Case Record

"We're not allowed to have mask mandates now, we were one of the first cities to require it and we charged a fine just to get people to do it. The governor stopped allowing us to do it and then immediately we saw a surge across our county and state when he did that,"
    Granted, he's a Democrat so automatically he'll be ignored by half the population of the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    "Not only was Trump refusing to pay Giuliani’s legal fees, but he told aides that all reimbursement requests for travel and other expenses needed to go through him"
    They are surprised Trump didn't pay what he contractually owed? Why? At this point, that's not hopeful, that's just stupid.

I wonder if Giuliani can, well, blackmail Trump by saying "pay me what you owe me, or I tell everyone the whole thing was your idea". I mean, he's nearly admitted it anyhow, his records were seized, and it's not like he'd be lying under oath. He wouldn't save his career, but Giuliani doesn't have $1.3 billion. Trump....Trump doesn't either, but he has more than Guiliani does. If Dominion wants any real payout at all, they have a limited time to get their claim on the table before NY takes half and Deustche Bank takes the other half.

- - - Updated - - -

even if it were a million people minimum?
    Hyperbole. Trump supporters are cosplaying as freedom fighters. After the first, I dunno, thousand are dragged out of their homes by SWAT teams, crying and sobbing like handcuffed babies, the rest will suddenly decide overthrowing the government isn't really their Constitutional duty anymore. Even those few that actually took a stand and tried to overthrow the government are now pleading in court "Please, Your Honor, I am too stupid to stand trial" and not "YOU HAVE NO AUTHORATAH".

Will some resort to violence? Well, they already have, so yes. A million? Might as well say Jaxonville will win the Super Bowl this year.

You would not feel bad if the Marines massacred thousands of people because they wouldn't stand down?
    I would not feel bad if US law enforcement put down thousands of armed insurrectionists, no. These aren't innocent people we bombed in the Middle East, these aren't starving men stealing bread to feed their family, these hypothetical people are armed terrorists willing to kill over something they have proof is an objective falsehood. My sympathy towards them will be the same be it one, ten, a hundred or a thousand.

Give them every chance to surrender and face trial for their crimes. If they refuse, show their next of kin how America deals with terrorists. I don't want loss of life, but if this situation unfolds, I will put the blame squarely where it belongs: the terrorists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    That's a heucuva thing to say.
    Okay, that's enough. Let's try to stay on a revenant topic.

And it absolutely would be anarchy. When we quelled the capitol rioters, some of the Trump supporters said what the military intervened in was evil and against free will. That would inspire a new generation of legacy violence.

Please note this is on the topic of repercussions and the influence Trump holds to incite further violence. It's no laughing matter. This man isn't a petty crook like people assume. He's a world class criminal.
    You'd ask the surviving 73 million Trumpkins if any of them still want a go, or if it's enough already.

No coddling terrorists. If they want a ride, they should get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

This thread seems to be dying a gruesome undeath...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This thread seems to be dying a gruesome undeath...
    For me, I wonder out of the 3768 pages, if we got rid of the pigeons and those feeding them and actually boiled it down to just posting the news and debating it in good faith, how many pages would it really have been? Maybe 1,000?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

so trumps raised a 100m warchest for the midterms. Saw wheelchair hitler lover posted a short video of a meeting with trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit more info from Fuck Florida.

In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.
    Highest per-capita rate of children hospitalizations.

No report today because, as usual, only about 14 states reported on Sunday, but there's this:

Tennessee GOP rep who rejected masks now says COVID-19 is 'real and dangerous' after his 8-month battle with the virus

Tennessee GOP Rep. David Byrd is urging the public to take COVID-19 seriously and get vaccinated after his 8-month struggle with the virus, which saw him hospitalized and put under a ventilator for 55 days.

In a statement last Friday, he wrote that he was diagnosed with the virus the day before Thanksgiving last year and was admitted to the hospital on December 5.

The representative previously voted in favor of a June 2020 resolution that accused the media of sensationalizing the COVID-19 pandemic. He also attended a retreat for House Republican Caucus members last November involving barbecues and boat tours, where many were unmasked despite cases surging in the state at the time.

But after his battle with COVID-19, Byrd now wants people to take the virus seriously, calling it "real and dangerous."

"Up until this point in my life, I've been pretty healthy and active. Foolishly, I believed this virus only seriously affected people who are at high risk," he wrote in the statement obtained by NewsChannel 5 Nashville.
    Great that he's "seen the light" and has decided that facts matter now, I guess, but given how long he spent spouting the same bullshit Trump and the rest of his cronies did about COVID I'd say that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is my fave comment on Trump ever.

Trump. A world class criminal.

Best laugh of the day.
    I suppose in the sense that he's obviously a criminal and the whole world knows it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Looks like DeathSantis is drawing criticism from more Floridian public figures.
    There are 25 times more people hospitalized for COVID in the state of Florida than the country of Canada. Canada's population is roughly double. Yes, Florida really is that bad in the context of a first-world country.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    What a damn shame for Giuliani.
    So, apparently Giuliani's broke. Trump at least claims he's not. As this article demonstrates, Trump's been fundraising and...not spending it.

(EDIT: The article goes on to suggest that Trump's not running in 2024, that he's just telling people he is because he wants their money)

Remember all that fuss and those emails put out along the lines of "Donate to Trump quick quick quick NOW! He needs your money to fight the evil election fraud!" and then he...just didn't do that? It's happening again. Trump is fundraising on "Donate to Trump quick quick quick NOW! He needs your money to fight the evil big tech that banned him for violating the terms of service!" and he's...not doing that. Oh, and Lewandowski's running the show.

Trump's campaign is under the highest scrutiny it's ever been. Yes, he can still host events at his own properties and beef up the prices. Trump's various PACs have spent hundreds of thousands in 2021 at Trump properties. But he's got $100 million or so and has spent under $1 million of it on legal fees, despite (again) claiming he's going to engage is massive lawsuits. Now, could he be hoarding it till 2022 and then enact revenge against anyone not in the Party of Trump? That would be legal, ethical, and highly likely. I know, he didn't spend that much in 2018, but Trump might already know he's not running in 2024 and might really want revenge on those classic Republicans who put country over Trump. But he could spend it on campaign-related legal fees, such as Giuliani. And he's just, you know, not doing that.

“The president deceived his donors. He asked them to give money so he could contest the election results, but then he spent their contributions to pay off unrelated debts,” said Adav Noti, a former associate general counsel at the Federal Election Commission and now chief of staff at the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center.

Noti added: “That’s dangerously close to fraud. If a regular charity – or an individual who didn’t happen to be president of the United States – had raised tens of millions of dollars through that sort of deception, they would face a serious risk of prosecution.”
    Trump has every ability to pay Giuliani in broad daylight without getting in trouble, backing one of his staunchest supporters. It's not that he can't. It's that he won't.

Giuliani is publicly showing every intent of taking a metaphorical legal bullet for Trump. If he does, he gets what he deserves, including no sympathy from me. It's metaphorical suicide to me and martyrdom to the rabid fanbase. At this point, someone who's been as close to Trump as Giuliani has to know the words to the "I never thought Trump would turn on me" song, so he has no right to feel betrayed anymore.

But he can still be disappointed, even angry, when Trump is sitting at a feast and won't even throw him table scraps. Just because Trump's lack of concern for even his closest allies isn't a surprise doesn't make it less deplorable.

The real fun, of course, is when you ask "who is left in Trump's inner circle, and what lessons have they learned?" Giuliani has the ability to turn on Trump and do real damage. (He might do so accidentally, as we've discussed) But who's left that isn't Trump? Which trusted ally and friend will Trump sacrifice next?
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-08-02 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They are surprised Trump didn't pay what he contractually owed? Why? At this point, that's not hopeful, that's just stupid.

I wonder if Giuliani can, well, blackmail Trump by saying "pay me what you owe me, or I tell everyone the whole thing was your idea". I mean, he's nearly admitted it anyhow, his records were seized, and it's not like he'd be lying under oath. He wouldn't save his career, but Giuliani doesn't have $1.3 billion. Trump....Trump doesn't either, but he has more than Guiliani does. If Dominion wants any real payout at all, they have a limited time to get their claim on the table before NY takes half and Deustche Bank takes the other half.

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperbole. Trump supporters are cosplaying as freedom fighters. After the first, I dunno, thousand are dragged out of their homes by SWAT teams, crying and sobbing like handcuffed babies, the rest will suddenly decide overthrowing the government isn't really their Constitutional duty anymore. Even those few that actually took a stand and tried to overthrow the government are now pleading in court "Please, Your Honor, I am too stupid to stand trial" and not "YOU HAVE NO AUTHORATAH".

Will some resort to violence? Well, they already have, so yes. A million? Might as well say Jaxonville will win the Super Bowl this year.

I would not feel bad if US law enforcement put down thousands of armed insurrectionists, no. These aren't innocent people we bombed in the Middle East, these aren't starving men stealing bread to feed their family, these hypothetical people are armed terrorists willing to kill over something they have proof is an objective falsehood. My sympathy towards them will be the same be it one, ten, a hundred or a thousand.

Give them every chance to surrender and face trial for their crimes. If they refuse, show their next of kin how America deals with terrorists. I don't want loss of life, but if this situation unfolds, I will put the blame squarely where it belongs: the terrorists.
    Nice post. It's a shame that it has gotten to this, but this is a very realistic take on our current situation. And yes, this could very well get quite gruesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    this could very well get quite gruesome
    That's up to them. Fortunately for everyone, most of the people claiming they want an armed revolution aren't going to. Not that they're cowards for refusing to take on US law enforcement and military, but they're lying about claiming they want an armed revolution.

But even if the 75 million Trump voters had 75,000 amongst them willing and able to be armed terrorists in an insurrection, basically an army that would fill most of an NFL stadium, yes they would manage to kill many an unarmed civilian before they were crushed by people with superior weapons, armor, and training. Those that survive would be tried and convicted. All they would do is ensure the nation and world saw them as soulless murdering monsters, locked away or killed for using threats and violence to change political outcomes.

Oh, and since "I am too stupid to stand trial" is a defense Trump supporters are using in actual trials of the actual murderous insurrection, I hope they know the law enforcement and if need be military responding to any terrorist incidents they might enact already know about that defense and are free to act accordingly. Remember: there's more than one way to suffer enough brain damage not to stand trial. Pick the one in which you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There are 25 times more people hospitalized for COVID in the state of Florida than the country of Canada. Canada's population is roughly double. Yes, Florida really is that bad in the context of a first-world country.

Its ok i noticed a grand shift from blaming the "brown" people to blaming tourist this morning on the COVID threads and story posting i follow

Mostly from Librual states...somehow they concluded i guess they have more money to vacation in florida but won't admit this is why there are more of them?

They will do anything but blame themselves at this point
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!