Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Since their reputation is spiraling down the proverbial and literal toilet lately, Blizz might as well put out a hotfix to make the game more fun.

I'm not saying that they should, nor suggesting they would, and definitely not implying that such a thing would erase the scandal, but it might placate the playerbase for a short time.

So here goes:

[Combat]
    • All skills previously put on the GCD in Battle for Azeroth have now been removed from it.
    • The AoE target cap has been removed.

[Covenants]
    • Conduits will now drop at the highest possible level.
    • Conduit Energy has been removed.
    • The Anima Reservoir cap has been removed.
    • All missions from the mission table and their Anima costs have been halved.
    • Followers will now earn double the rate of EXP. In addition, the cost to heal and revive them has been halved.

[Currencies]
    • All expansion-relevant currencies have had their sources doubled. a single Ardendew Pearl now awards 70 Anima(1)
    • All expansion-relevant currencies have had their prices halved. a Tier 3 Anima Conductor now costs 5000 Anima and 11 Redeemed Souls(1)
    • Item upgrades have had their prices halved. In addition, the higher ranks no longer have any requirements.

[Flying]
    • Flying is now possible in The Maw and Korthia.
    • Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder is now automatically unlocked.(2)

[Heirlooms]
    • All heirlooms now work up to the current level cap (Level 60 in Shadowlands), therefore upgrades are no longer required.
    • Wearing a full set of heirlooms will double the player’s experience point gains from all sources.

[Instances and Loot]
    • The drop rate of all bosses in every dungeon and raid instance has been doubled. from Vanilla to Shadowlands and all in-between
    • A new debuff called "End of the Legion" reduces the health and damage done by bosses from Legion-expansion raids by 35%.(3)
    • A new debuff called "Out with the Old" reduces the maximum health and damage done by bosses from BfA-expansion raids by 35%.(4)
    • A new debuff called "Death Defiance" reduces the maximum health and damage done by bosses from Shadowlands-expansion raids by 35%.(5)
    • Sylvanas' legendary bow will now drop from LFR.

[Mounts]
    • The Chauffeured Chopper no longer requires the Heirloom Hoarder achievement, and can be purchased from Heirloom vendors for a low-low price of 10 gold.
    • Mounts which previously had a profession requirement no longer do. a non-Tailor can use the Flying Carpet
    • All mounts earned on an account contribute towards mount-related achievements. even ones from the opposite faction or a different class

[Pet Battles]
    • Battle Pet experience gains have been doubled.

[Reputation]
    • All reputation gains have been doubled. this includes buffs; WHEE! now increases gains by 20%
    • All reputation requirements have been halved. it now takes 10500 rep to reach Exalted

[The Great Vault]
    • All items available from the Great Vault will be obtainable - you no longer have to choose. In addition, you will receive 3x Attendant's Token of Merit by default.
    • Legendary Powers and Sylvanas' legendary bow are now on the list of items obtainable from the vault.

[The Runecarver]
    • Legendary Recipes now drop even if the Runecarver has not yet been unlocked. In addition, their drop rate has been doubled.
    • The cost of crafting and upgrading legendary items has been halved.

[Torghast]
    • Tower Knowledge gains have been doubled, and their costs for perks in The Box of Many Things has been halved.
    • Phantasma gains have been doubled, and their costs for purchases via the Broker NPC have been halved.
    • The debuff "The Jailer's Chains" has been removed.

(1) This includes all currencies from every expansion; past, present, and future.
    (2) Both parts will unlock automatically.
    (3) This includes Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, The Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras, and Antorus the Burning Throne.
    (4) This includes Uldir, Battle of Dazaralor, Crucible of Storms, The Eternal Palace, and Ny'alotha.
    (5) This includes Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and all future raids in Shadowlands.
    You people are disgusting. We aren't owed ANYTHING for this. We are NOT the victims. Sitting here waning an apology or something in return for what has happened is a slap in the face to the real victims. Mods these threads serve no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Some of these are downright terrible ideas. They nerfed heirlooms to make up for how much faster they made leveling overall and to better balance the experience.

Convenience for no effort does not equal good game design.
    No one's talking about the first playthrough here. That's where "effort" comes in.

I mean it'll never go back because it'd mean less MAUs but alt leveling should be, imo, much faster and scale with number of max level characters.

Well they could finally get rid of Pathfinder. Or give us back free camera distance.. that would be a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    That's the joke...

OP is basically asking them to turn the game into something that would probably have similar loses for blizzard.

Like just flat out nerfing the new raids?? Why?
    Yeah it's utterly ridiculous. As if making the content a pushover would somehow make people happy. A very small number maybe, but about the only thing would be either to work harder or give out cosmetics. 90% of what the OP is asking is just nonsense and clearing coming from a bad player who plays 40 hours a week and still hasn't progressed beyond M2's despite playing them weekly

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my gripes with wow are at a fundamental level and would require massive overhaul of systems and tech, however these small changes makes sense and i would like to see them implemented as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It became noticable for me in 2014 with WoD, when the devs became increasingly toxic towards the community. I very much think is noticable, if one pays attention and knows what to look for.
    and yet after that we got Legion which was great and by popular vote probably second best to wrath (and to me personaly actualy best)

btw devs becoming toxic and game being bad are two INCREDIBLY separate issues... so much i dont even know why you mention it as point of game getting worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You people are disgusting. We aren't owed ANYTHING for this. We are NOT the victims. Sitting here waning an apology or something in return for what has happened is a slap in the face to the real victims. Mods these threads serve no purpose.
    Exactly this. Even the nonsense people are spewing about quitting and the walkout are also just as stupid because most of these claims are from years ago and that crap does not fly in CA businesses like this and hasn't for a good few years. Those actually impacted by A.A. and the handful of others deserve some restitution, but the implication that players or even current employees deserve anything for not actually being a victim is ridiculous.

I mean hell even the stupid article about the female who went to the job fair and was asked about being penetrated LITERALLY ignores the fact that she went there wearing a shirt saying something penetrator in reference to the security job she was looking for but CLEARLY a double entendre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Most of my gripes with wow are at a fundamental level and would require massive overhaul of systems and tech, however these small changes makes sense and i would like to see them implemented as soon as possible
    Almost none of those make sense, not even in a dream world.

Thank you for saying it, we players are not victims in this, so they haven't worked (much) for a week, big whoop, we're not the ones who have to work in a horrible work environment, enduring sexual harassment on a daily basis, we might have to wait a week longer until we can complain about the next content patch, oh my, so terrible!

Mods, just lock this thread, board it up and bury it in a landfill already...

While the OP's list of stuff isn't something I think we're owed or even need (much of it doesn't focus on what's actually making the game worse), we are all still paying customers. The situation at ActiBlizz has almost certainly impacted game developement (WoW included), and their behavior has caused us to receive a product and services that are potentially subpar, delayed, or scrapped; at the very least, we're getting short-changed because of the company's behavior. Now you can't do anything about the past at this point in terms of what you've paid for, but ActiBlizz could certainly step forward and actually compensate its customers for not maintaining their product/service standards, as they could've been much better if their business conduct wasn't an issue.

This doesn't diminish the victims at all, as these are two separate but legitimate issues that happen to stem from the same problem(s). If anything, excusing the continued degradation of the game because ActiBlizz has to deal with problems of their own making is giving ActiBlizz a pass. ActiBlizz should not only be concerned about restitution with their direct victims but also their customers.

For those older WoW players, you may recall the early days when server tech wasn't that great. Sometimes Blizz would have to shut down the servers for days (or they'd crash for extended periods of time and/or frequently). What did Blizz do back in those days? Not only did they apologize for the inconveniences and downtime, they actually pro-rated game time to all the players for the time the servers were down or the game was unstable. That's a company that admits their faults, tries to deal with their issues, all while still respecting their customers during the process. This is the sort of mentality we should expect from ActiBlizz, even in these current times.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-08-02 at 07:23 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Honestly just give my character the option to punch Sylvanas in the gut as many times as I want while she's awaiting interrogation and I'll be satisfied
    Wow, sexist much? Check your priv, simp.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it wrong for customers to want a decent product/service for their money?

The WoW devs calling out players for being frustrated about further development delays to an already-beleaguered expansion is honestly one of the most toxic, anti-consumer takes I've ever seen. Especially when the devs themselves have had a chronicled history of ignoring and dismissing player feedback.

Blizzard staff shouldn't be excused for shitting on their customers, even given the abhorrent treatment of employees by senior management that has surfaced.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2021-08-02 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    How is it wrong for customers to want a decent product/service for their money?

The WoW devs calling out players for being frustrated about further delays to an already-beleaguered expansion is honestly one of the most toxic, anti-consumer takes I've ever seen.

Blizzard staff shouldn't be excused for shitting on their customers, even given the abhorrent treatment of employees that have surfaced.
    Yeah, how dare anybody try to take away your God-given right as a customer to call Blizzard employees useless, am I right?

The only thing anti-consumer here are the people who clearly have no desire to consume Blizzard products yet do nothing but post on forums like this about how their arbitrary list of demands aren't being met therefore they clearly hate the people who play the game.

All female gendered player characters have the option to skip the gauntlet event when clearing ulduar - thorim time walking

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah, how dare anybody try to take away your God-given right as a customer to call Blizzard employees useless, am I right?

The only thing anti-consumer here are the people who clearly have no desire to consume Blizzard products yet do nothing but post on forums like this about how their arbitrary list of demands aren't being met therefore they clearly hate the people who play the game.
    First of all, this isn't my arbitrary list of demands.

I already unsubscribed a few days ago when details of the lawsuit first surfaced because I cannot in good faith support Activision Blizzard, given the gravity of what has surfaced. At the same time I'm not going to fault people for continuing to play the game and wanting to get a decent product for their money.

My desire to play WoW was waning many weeks ago, not only because of the sheer amount of time-gating, resource caps, quest-requirements and growing chore list that this "apology hotfix" the OP proposed would have helped alleviate, but because Blizzard staff have overall been ignorant and dismissive of player feedback.

Case in point: Just look at the lead product manager of Blizzard openly calling Asmongold an asshole, in response to a gatekeeper who urged their FFXIV fans to maliciously mass report Asmon and his followers to get them purged from their game. Said lead product manager and his reply basically condoned the kind of harassment and witch-hunting that would've landed you a permanent account ban in WoW - back when Blizz didn't lazily automate their report systems.

I also remember one of the devs, I can't remember which one, who openly said they threw class feedback in the bin if it contained the word "clunky." Oh and remember when Holinka was blocking people on Twitter just because they had negative feedback about Ashran?

TBC Classic meanwhile has been waning because broke their #NoChanges covenant with the game's community to instead put paid mounts and level boosts into the game. Datamined assets also suggest they're going to make TBC Classic P2W via WoW tokens before long. Imagine being able to buy a few tokens and wallet warrior your way to Gladiator or full raid clears by effectively paying real money for boosts.

Fact that Blizz care more about removing /spit from TBC to stop those who bought the Deluxe Edition from being shamed than actually tackling toxic behaviour both in their player base and within their own company speaks volumes about their current priorities.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2021-08-02 at 07:48 PM.

I can offer very simple implementations that would increase playtime for players that are actually still around.

- Make the legendary bow drop off LFR. (Legendaries have been apart of LFR before.)
    - Add more rewards to Torghast, besides shoulders. Unleash the mogs, (Hey gonna throw it in there...maybe get that sleek black dress I been asking for. Fits the theme. White too. Black and White. Just to show female players more acceptance.) have some fun toys. (Quit holding all the rewards hostage.) Add a beast mount in there too and I mean next level crazy looking beast. (Which btw I did see the covenant mounts ingame. They be looking crisp. Gj with that) I said I would've personally added two on beast level in there. Example for inspiration:

Now these suggestions will not fix a lot of the problems overall. I would definitely enjoy more content. Removal of systems everyone has been complaining about. But! This was the minuscule suggestions, with minimal effort. That ultimately have remaining players participating in LFR till next patch. More incentives to go into Torghast. Participate in the content that they actually have there for us.

I did enjoy a lot of the suggestions from other players tho. I also think it was a great suggestion by OP to try and compensate the players in some way.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-08-02 at 08:01 PM.

we are victims,we are victims of the devs poor game designs

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "haha" reaction.

Nice try. They need to apologize more significantly to a lot more than the WoW fanbase.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I don't know why people think this is even an option.

If they "waive the sub fees," they're shutting down the servers. They have no reason to give you access to a game you aren't actively giving them money to have access to. So if you'd like to be forced to play a different game, by all means - Keep asking for that.
    No, because we still paid for the game, a one time fee. And they can easily afford keeping the servers on while we play. This is something they need to do to show the players goodwill, so we will keep paying

None of this actually makes the game better. It just cranks up the dopamine hits, which will then become the new norm, and in a month all the rates and effort will again be a "terrible grind" for everyone who's still jaded that they don't actually like the game but can't get through life without their loot / dress-up catharsis.

15+ Year Old Account
    add flying to the maw and korshitia and we straight idgaf about the other stuff lol
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together