Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I will never understand how the usage of an emote can be considered harassment.

Someone steals an ore / herb in front of me because i aggro'd some mob?
    Yep, that's a /spit.

WoW Token exists.
    Use gold to buy a boost.

Disregarding that i find the concept of "I see something ingame, i want to earn it by playing the game" pretty simple.
    If you don't see how spit can be used as harassment still at this point, it's just being dishonest.

There's literally a weakaura/addon to autospit on people, that's beyond being extreme and literally the definition of harassment.

Second point, shouldn't have to point out that isn't the same as buying it from the shop. Granted neither is using gold to buy the store mounts but the point still stands overall that there is still prestige mounts that can't be bought from the store. Good luck buying solo rewards though like if they do mage tower stuff again?

And that sounds like entitlement to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you don't see how spit can be used as harassment still at this point, it's just being dishonest.
    It's not about being dishonest, it's about knowing how people react to stuff like that.

People are just going to move to a different emote, then what?
    Ban those, too?

I said it earlier, you can ban the emote, but you can't ban the thought behind it.
    There's literally a weakaura/addon to autospit on people, that's beyond being extreme and literally the definition of harassment.
    No, it's not.

Replace that WA with /fart; /insult; /frown or any other emote that has a "negative" perception, is your response to ban those as well?
    You realize what sort of rabbit hole you are going down there?

If that WA would actually automatically /follow people and continue to use the emote, it crosses the line, because then people can't even get away from it without going out of their way.

Heck, even if you want to make a fuss about that WA, how about you ban the usage of emotes from WA's entirely?
    Not my ideal solution, but the removal of one emote is just a facade and essentially just riles people up to look for alternatives and to abuse them until you're back at square one and have to remove the next emote as well.

If somebody seriously fucks me over in the game, i want to /spit on them to display my serious disapproval of their actions, this has nothing to do with harassment.
    Second point, shouldn't have to point out that isn't the same as buying it from the shop.
    Mate, you talk about dishonesty but make a fuss because an extra step of buying the gold from Blizzard is added?

To get this straight:
    Buy ingame reward for real money : Not allowed because RMT
    Buy the WoW token for real money, sell it and then pay a booster with the gold: Completely fine

If you honestly believe that makes a serious difference, then you are out of your mind.
    Good luck buying solo rewards though like if they do mage tower stuff again?
    I would concede that if the majority of (prestigeous) rewards in WoW were based on solo content, but they're not.
    The most prestigeous rewards, especially mounts, are pretty much coming from multiplayer content.
    (Mythic) Raids
    Arena

Heck, you can even buy rarespawn mounts nowadays.

The Mager Tower has been in the grand scheme of things, an exception, solo challenges have remained quite rare in WoW.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    Let's be honest all these cry baby bitches and their feelings have been ruining society for years, it was only a matter of time before it infiltrated our games. Pretty soon I'll get a 3 day ban for camping some crybaby bitch on a PvP server after they tried jumping me because "feelings".

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    When you hear "symbolic/woke" changes/ performative activism from someone or some group,

it is always to hide REAL bad behaviour/harassment/exploitation going up behind the scenes.

It's EXACTLY the same... as someone going to the church every day (performative religious action) in order to hide him/her doing evil stuff (exploiting employees, family violence etc.)..

So my take on these general "anti-toxicity in game changes" is that the people who implement them and advertise them as "combating harassment" have some serious skeletons in their closet of doing IRL evil stuff.

These "symbolic woke in game changes" are not just "silly"...

They are red flags of people trying to cover evil IRL actions..

Exactly what happened during BLIZZCON... "LGBT pins" to cover employee exploitation, IRL harassment, rape, buttplugs, suicide... And it all came in the surface years later...
    You made all those assumption based off an emote. Gotta love armchair psychologists.

Fun fact, it suspiciously happened after players gathered together to /spit on the Afrasiabi npc in Stormwind as a form of protest.

I will never understand how "you shouldn't harass /be a dick to people" becomes a "crazy left" idea.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW token exists.
    Use gold to buy the mount.

Why does it matter that there's store mounts when you can't buy the prestige mounts?

Its because it's not harassment. Its orange text in a video game. If anyone feels harassed by that, id argue they shouldnt be allowed online and should probably see a therapist.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2021-08-02 at 05:01 PM.

I feel like we can all agree, this is the Right step of stopping all the sexual harassment of the women in the work place....

To remove /spit in classic tbc

Replace that WA with /fart; /insult; /frown or any other emote that has a "negative" perception, is your response to ban those as well?
    You realize what sort of rabbit hole you are going down there?
    You seriously don't get it, do you?

Yes, if you start using weakaura/addons with other emotes they will be deactivated on players as well.

If you had kept to manually /spitting on players with the mount nothing would have changed. But no, you had to automate it. So here we are. Your auto/spit is gone. As will be your auto/fart and auto/insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Oh my god… who the hell cares?
    Everyone taking to this thread to whine about it apparently.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Its because it's not harassment. Its orange text in a video game. If anyone feels harassed by that, id argue they shouldnt be allowed online and should probably see a therapist.
    Honestly this, if someone is so offended by some orange text in a videogame how are they going to feel after i camp them until the log out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Honestly this, if someone is so offended by some orange text in a videogame how are they going to feel after i camp them until the log out.
    You clearly know how it will make them feel because that is the entire reason why you camp someone until they log out. Camping has always been a fine line between harassment and "game play". Text in a video game can be harassment. Text online can be harassment. Anything can be harassment if it is done enough times for the right reasons. I could @ user names and get an infraction for abusing the system because it is an annoyance and harassment to do it multiple times for no reason.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's not about being dishonest, it's about knowing how people react to stuff like that.

People are just going to move to a different emote, then what?
    Ban those, too?

I said it earlier, you can ban the emote, but you can't ban the thought behind it.
    Uh huh.
    That's why people moved on to spamming something other than "gg ez" in overwatch right?
    Or hearthstone changed to spamming another emote right after sorry was removed, right?

There's literally a track record for this actually making a difference that you can actually see as an average player. Yeah I still come across some people who spam emotes in HS, but it's far less frequent than it ever was when the sorry emote was around.

And it's pretty clear it does make a difference if blizzard is sticking by the same strategy. Criticize them all you want, but they wouldn't repeat the same exact action if it didn't see results.

If that WA would actually automatically /follow people and continue to use the emote, it crosses the line, because then people can't even get away from it without going out of their way.
    Not how this works.
    Then you'd see the excuse of "just log out then!".

The moment someone has to take extra steps out of what they're doing to have to mitigate the actions of another like this, it's going too far.

If somebody seriously fucks me over in the game, i want to /spit on them to display my serious disapproval of their actions, this has nothing to do with harassment.
    That's nice. Not how the emote is being used obviously if they have to take actions, but rest assured that there's plenty of other emotes to show annoyance without spit.

Mate, you talk about dishonesty but make a fuss because an extra step of buying the gold from Blizzard is added?
    Because buying gold with the wow token doesn't immediately guarantee a carry.

Buying a wow token with gold does guarantee the store mount.

It's as simple as that.

To get this straight:
    Buy ingame reward for real money : Not allowed because RMT
    Buy the WoW token for real money, sell it and then pay a booster with the gold: Completely fine

If you honestly believe that makes a serious difference, then you are out of your mind.
    Not what was being discussed.

I would concede that if the majority of (prestigeous) rewards in WoW were based on solo content, but they're not.
    The most prestigeous rewards, especially mounts, are pretty much coming from multiplayer content.
    (Mythic) Raids
    Arena

Heck, you can even buy rarespawn mounts nowadays.

The Mager Tower has been in the grand scheme of things, an exception, solo challenges have remained quite rare in WoW.
    You can also get rare mounts just by waiting in the secret finder discord. So what?

Also there's usually solo challenges, dunno what you're talking about. There's not always tons, but they usually exist.

The Faceless One title from BfA.
    Mage Tower as pointed out.
    There's achievements that are mostly geared towards solo too but can be done in a small group, like the meta achievements for new zones.

I mean, good luck finding a carry for Korthias zone achievement I guess?

Well I'm glad you're not in charge then, because that's not what determines if something is harassment or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Every time I see stuff like this I'm just reminded of the Tyler the creator quote on cyber bullying lol. Some ppl really are weak and im honestly disgusted to share any DNA with them

Every time I see stuff like this I'm just reminded of the Tyler the creator quote on cyber bullying lol. Some ppl really are weak and im honestly disgusted to share any DNA with them
    A lack of empathy isn't exactly something to brag about.

Well I'm glad you're not in charge then, because that's not what determines if something is harassment or not.

I'm guessing only people who think like you get to decide that, right? Feels a lot like CEOs approving each other's bonusses because they all think the same way.

If you buy a mount that you know should not be in Classic then don't go crying about any consequences. Just because Blizzard put in it the game to milk money from the whales does not mean you had to buy it.

A lack of empathy isn't exactly something to brag about.
    Empathizing with people who go into panic attacks over orange text isn't either lol.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some countries are now arresting and charging people for online 'offenses'. Blizzard should probably remove ALL emotes that could possibly be construed as offensive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    If you buy a mount that you know should not be in Classic then don't go crying about any consequences. Just because Blizzard put in it the game to milk money from the whales does not mean you had to buy it.
    So it is okay to harass them just because they bought something Blizzard offered? No one should expect to get harassed in-game just for doing normal game stuff. That is a hallmark of toxic behavior and everything should be done to put a stop to it. You just gave a free pass to toxicity because it aligns with your view and you are upset over the choices Blizzard made.

So why not actually hurt them by not subscribing to classic if you feel that strongly about the way they are designing it? Right. That would actually require a sacrifice on your part where being toxic to others won't cost you a thing until it is officially stopped by Blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    I'm guessing only people who think like you get to decide that, right? Feels a lot like CEOs approving each other's bonusses because they all think the same way.

Yeah dude, the people buying the Deluxe Edition of Classic definitely buy it specifically because they know it's not "supposed to be in the game." They deserve to be harassed!

- - - Updated - - -

Empathizing with people who go into panic attacks over orange text isn't either lol.
    Brother you don't get to be arbiter of what is and isn't acceptable in an online community.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you had kept to manually /spitting on players with the mount nothing would have changed. But no, you had to automate it. So here we are. Your auto/spit is gone. As will be your auto/fart and auto/insult.
    They removed the manual /spit, no idea whether the auto emotes still work.

For someone who's talks about "not getting it", you don't even have your fact straight.

Just so drive that point further, literally said in my post:
    Heck, even if you want to make a fuss about that WA, how about you ban the usage of emotes from WA's entirely?
    Or hearthstone changed to spamming another emote right after sorry was removed, right?
    I'm not seeing any difference between spamming any of those emote, especially when the sorry emote was sarcastically used.
    Personally, recall that people preferred to spam hello emote, still have nightmares from "greetings traveller".
    And it's pretty clear it does make a difference if blizzard is sticking by the same strategy. Criticize them all you want, but they wouldn't repeat the same exact action if it didn't see results.
    Is there any actual proof that it is working?

Blizzard further limiting the ability to interact with players surely isn't proof of that.
    Not how this works.
    Then you'd see the excuse of "just log out then!".
    I think there is a huge difference between an action that can be entirely resolved by /ignore and an action that requires you to not play the game.
    The moment someone has to take extra steps out of what they're doing to have to mitigate the actions of another like this, it's going too far.
    By that logic, virtually any interaction between players should be removed because they could lead to "harassment" and expecting to /ignore others is seemingly too much.
    That's nice. Not how the emote is being used obviously if they have to take actions.
    Sure, they take action because they have virtue signal, not get any resources to make any *actual change and because the "discriminated" audience are more valueable than the average player.
    Because buying gold with the wow token doesn't immediately guarantee a carry.
    As long as you have enough gold, you will get a carry, if you pay up and they fail to deliver the service, you can even get Blizzard to intervene.
    Like any people making off with gold or mats without providing the agreed upon service.

It's not like you have trouble finding boosts nowadays, they even advertise in channels where they're not supposed to.
    You can also get rare mounts just by waiting in the secret finder discord. So what?
    That you have to wait yourself, check the discord and not just pay a person to get it ready for you?
    Also there's usually solo challenges, dunno what you're talking about. There's not always tons, but they usually exist.
    Considering that their number pales in front of the multiplayer challenges and said multiplayer ones are far more prestigeous, that's damn ignorant.
    I mean, good luck finding a carry for Korthias zone achievement I guess?
    Yes, let us equate a Mythic or Gladiator mount with an outdoor zone mount.

"See that guy? He has a Gladiator mount!"
    "Fuck Gladiator mounts, i got my Nazjatar crab!"
    Is this how you think the average player reacts?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-02 at 07:22 PM.