Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    No, paid customers are not the problem, as I have said, the problem is the people like you who constantly support the shitfuckery of game companies and game developers. And you are still doing it.

And gaming has been "toxic" for a long time. It is the reason why I detested game until I was 17! You don't need to teach about "toxic gamers". But why suddenly now it has become a big issue? Why suddenly everybody's mommy, daddy, nanny, and granny talking about "toxic gamers"? Because the game industry is now large enough to be used for political pandering. There is nothing more to it. Gamers are no more "toxic" than others but somehow the toxic neighbor gets a pass but the "toxic gamer" needs to be purged.

Fuck off. You can fool others with your bullshit, not me. I am a "victim" of "toxic gaming culture" and what I did is just got a thicker skin and developed my brain. You know, learned to how to act like a human being. Maybe try doing that instead of becoming an npc who parrot whatever the line fed to him by a corporation or news media.
    Lol. Toxic neighbors don’t get a pass.
    I love how you state toxic gaming isn’t an issue, but post that it kept you out of gaming until you were 17.

So you can't spit, but using racial slurs within a guild is 100% allowed, Blizzard's rule not mine.

Their response was, "You should find a guild that shares similar values with you."

You can scream obscenities via chat, general chat, group, etc, etc. And nothing happens when those players are reported. But don't you dare try the /spit emote. Because that is too far.

This is what is wrong with the shit the people at Blizzard "walked out" for. They're not actually worried about making things better for them, the players, or the game. They just want "control" over the things they actually care about. And apparently, a /spit emote was what they wanted.

Fucking Bravo... You really changed the world guys. You did it.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    So you can't spit, but using racial slurs within a guild is 100% allowed, Blizzard's rule not mine.

Their response was, "You should find a guild that shares similar values with you."

You can scream obscenities via chat, general chat, group, etc, etc. And nothing happens when those players are reported. But don't you dare try the /spit emote. Because that is too far.

This is what is wrong with the shit the people at Blizzard "walked out" for. They're not actually worried about making things better for them, the players, or the game. They just want "control" over the things they actually care about. And apparently, a /spit emote was what they wanted.

Fucking Bravo... You really changed the world guys. You did it.
    So, your take is that removing toxic elements from the game is not making the game better?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, your take is that removing toxic elements from the game is not making the game better?
    My take is if you think the /spit emote, was a toxic element of the game. You don't live in the same reality as everyone else.

By your standards, when a new Death Knight character makes his way to Orgrimmar, the NPC's in the game get pretty mean... They throw trash, spit on him, tell him to leave, curse him for all the bad things he has done. Should all of that be removed too? The NPC's are now bullying that player, and being toxic towards them. The game itself is now being toxic to the players. That's not acceptable is it? A player, in a fantasy MMO game, is being bullied, by the NPC's in the game, because he killed other NPC's in the game.

Do you see how fucking stupid that sounds?

Verbally abusing someone via chat, is FAR more toxic than an emote.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Some of us see censorship and removing the ability the way people want to express themselfs and being able to show their emotions no matter what as toxic.

I for one see people at blizzard with these ideas, the woke movement and the cancel culture as very toxic.

By your standards, when a new Death Knight character makes his way to Orgrimmar, the NPC's in the game get pretty mean... They throw trash, spit on him, tell him to leave, curse him for all the bad things he has done. Should all of that be removed too? The NPC's are now bullying that player, and being toxic towards them. The game itself is now being toxic to the players.
    Ye, let's shut down the entire game, just to be sure no one is insulting each other. KEKW

But even then you have the option to ignore the player that you don't want to interact with in the future.

OT: As for Asmon reporting this on Twitter is some next level hypocrisy as he was the one who encouraged his braindead followers to /spit anyone on a store mount. Like it's their fucking business what others do with their money. Asmon is the biggest cancer to this community but many just fail to realize this and praise him like he's some kind of god.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Ye, let's shut down the entire game, just to be sure no one is insulting each other. KEKW

But even then you have the option to ignore the player that you don't want to interact with in the future.

OT: As for Asmon reporting this on Twitter is some next level hypocrisy as he was the one who encouraged his braindead followers to /spit anyone on a store mount. Like it's their fucking business what others do with their money. Asmon is the biggest cancer to this community and many just fail to realize this and praise him like he's some kind of god.
    That is my point, IGNORE the things you don't like. Physically right-click their name, ignore them, and move on. You will NEVER be able to fix the game 100%, but you should give the players the tools required to eliminate harassment from happening to them, to a degree.

But that isn't what I happening here, which is the problem. They're trying to do correct political correctness measures, and its a shit show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    but besides that…. nothing. toxcity is simply a result of wows game design.
    No it is not. You can do everything in game and not be toxic at all. Toxicity is the result of players being toxic. Stop shifting blaming and put the responabilty where it should be put. You can do timed runs with out being toxic. You can have ratings with out being toxic. You can have addons and api with out being toxic. Tokens can exist with out being toxic. Pug tools can exist with out being toxic. Everything you list is an BS excuse.

You just don't want to admit that it is the players, and only the players, that make the community toxic. No one is forced to be toxic they choose to be toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what the emote was being used for in TBC-C. It was being used to harass people on a specific mount even with addons and weak auras to automate the harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Some of us see censorship and removing the ability the way people want to express themselfs and being able to show their emotions no matter what as toxic.
    So why do you still play Blizzard games? Because they have censored things since the start. Toxicity doesn't have a place. Just because you want to rage and be a toxic doesn't mean you should be given your safe space to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

But that isn't what I happening here, which is the problem. They're trying to do correct political correctness measures, and its a shit show.
    So if players can censor themselves why can't Blizzard take steps towards combating harassment? Same thing in the end right? It gets censored. The problem to is that ignoring a player doesn't stop them from harassing the next person. There is nothing wrong with combating toxicity. Usually the ones that scream the loudest are the ones afraid they won't be able to be toxic anymore.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So why do you still play Blizzard games? Because they have censored things since the start. Toxicity doesn't have a place. Just because you want to rage and be a toxic doesn't mean you should be given your safe space to do so.
    Its funny that you are the one of the toxic people supporting cancel culture and don’t even realise it. I pitty people like you that think they can tell people what to do and try to set the standards what they can or can’t do and then tell them that they are doing toxic behavior.

And I don’t play blizzard games or games overall that mutch anymore anyways since the cancel culture is starting to get everywhere in entertainment it’s just sad that sickos think they can set the rules what is allowed and what’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    Not necessarily. Other MMO communities don't have the same level of problems as WoW does. FFXIV as an example.
    I think this has a lot to do with the fact that addons are forbidden and recount like things that increases the competitive aspects of games online enhance toxicity. Trashtalkers / trolls also get bans there (in FF). In WoW the norm is mostly being toxic and competitive.

In short, WoW is a e-sport wannabe for content that matters (m+, arena, raids) while FF is a classical MMORPG. So having completely different communities is expected. WoW nowadays is closer to LoL than Vanilla WoW.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2021-08-02 at 05:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Its funny that you are the one of the toxic people supporting cancel culture and don’t even realise it. I pitty people like you that think they can tell people what to do and try to set the standards what they can or can’t do and then tell them that they are doing toxic behavior. And I don’t play blizzard games or games overall that mutch anymore anyways since the cancel culture is starting to get everywhere in entertainment it’s just sad that sickos think they can set the rules what is allowed and what’s not.
    It is supporting cancel culture to remove something of little value that was being used for harassment? That isn't what cancel culture is. Blizzard has always told you how you can play the game. It is why you can't cheat. I am not setting the standards, Blizzard is. And you deem that cancel culture because you can't do whatever you want when ever you want.

So you don't play Blizzard games but are active on a fan site just to trash games and hate on them? Sounds like it isn't cancel culture that is the problem but your need to hate on everything when you don't even have a reason to. The hilarious part is that you are one of those "sickos think they can set the rules what is allowed and what's not" because you want everything to be according to your rules of what is acceptable.

According to you cheating in games is acceptable because no one can set rules to limit you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My take is if you think the /spit emote, was a toxic element of the game. You don't live in the same reality as everyone else.

By your standards, when a new Death Knight character makes his way to Orgrimmar, the NPC's in the game get pretty mean... They throw trash, spit on him, tell him to leave, curse him for all the bad things he has done. Should all of that be removed too? The NPC's are now bullying that player, and being toxic towards them. The game itself is now being toxic to the players. That's not acceptable is it? A player, in a fantasy MMO game, is being bullied, by the NPC's in the game, because he killed other NPC's in the game.

Do you see how fucking stupid that sounds?

This person needs the Trophy for best response

Keep creating this Eutopia Bubble and then wonder why in 20 yrs this country is taken over by China or Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, Muffinus. Don't talk about the condescending, toxic behavior the devs have towards the community.
    The players are the problem. It's all the players fault. Got it.
    The toxicity in-game IS on the players. 100000%

No it is not. You can do everything in game and not be toxic at all. Toxicity is the result of players being toxic. Stop shifting blaming and put the responabilty where it should be put. You can do timed runs with out being toxic. You can have ratings with out being toxic. You can have addons and api with out being toxic. Tokens can exist with out being toxic. Pug tools can exist with out being toxic. Everything you list is an BS excuse.

You just don't want to admit that it is the players, and only the players, that make the community toxic. No one is forced to be toxic they choose to be toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is what the emote was being used for in TBC-C. It was being used to harass people on a specific mount even with addons and weak auras to automate the harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So if players can censor themselves why can't Blizzard take steps towards combating harassment? Same thing in the end right? It gets censored. The problem to is that ignoring a player doesn't stop them from harassing the next person. There is nothing wrong with combating toxicity. Usually the ones that scream the loudest are the ones afraid they won't be able to be toxic anymore.
    By your logic, any emote can be taken as harassment.

Next, the /love, or /kiss or /hug emote can be put in place instead of the /spit emote, and generate just as much bullying as before. " I don't want a stranger to have the ability to sexually harass me with those types of emotes."

IT DOESN'T FIX THE ISSUE. Not even remotely.

God damn... How are you so blind to this? Is it willful ignorance?

15+ Year Old Account
    By your logic, any emote can be taken as harassment.
    Yes. That is correct. Anything can be used for harassment. How is it that you don't even understand that yet try and call others blind or willfully ignorant? The value of everything should be weighed versus the harassment it is used for. All emotes have little value to the game play though some have more because they have sounds or animations attached to them.

It of course temporarily fixes the issue. Just because it doesn't end harassment for all time doesn't mean it can't be done as a step. Even if it wasn't removed for harassment there is little reason to not make emotes fit better with the times. It happens with everything that lasts a while. Even watching old shows that were perfectly acceptable in the past have cringe worthy moments now that should have been done differently.

I love how people who still financially support a company that has:

-Shielded and fostered sexual abuse
    -Turned blind eyes and even silenced people protesting human rights in order to keep their chinese market
    -Laid off hundreads of employees in the face of financial success
    -Provided half finished products like WC3 reforged and the last 2 WoW expansions

Are now here to lecture you on what a bad boy you were for using the /spit emote on people who scream at the sight of a buterfly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I love how people who still financially support a company that has: -Shielded and fostered sexual abuse -Turned blind eyes and even silenced people protesting human rights in order to keep their chinese market -Laid off hundreads of employees in the face of financial success -Provided half finished products like WC3 reforged and the last 2 WoW expansions Are now here to lecture you on what a bad boy you were for using the /spit emote on people who scream at the sight of a buterfly.
    So bad things have to be allowed because other bad things happen? I can steal all your money because the bank stole another persons? Lmao. Pretty sure to that you haven't cut everything that falls into your list out of your life. Because when you look into it most things would have to be cut out and it would leave you with relatively little. And you certainly wouldn't be able to use the internet.

Spiting on paypigs? Oh no, no, no we can't have that, they might re-think buying future cash shop items!
    Ganking lowbies for hours on end? Sure, that's socializing!

So bad things have to be allowed because other bad things happen? I can steal all your money because the bank stole another persons? Lmao. Pretty sure to that you haven't cut everything that falls into your list out of your life. Because when you look into it most things would have to be cut out and it would leave you with relatively little. And you certainly wouldn't be able to use the internet.
    Again appealing to extremes. Equating basic modern time needs to stopping suppot of a shitty gaming company. Kk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Again appealing to extremes. Equating basic modern time needs to stopping suppot of a shitty gaming company. Kk
    Gotcha. Your list isn't all that important when you can ignore it at will depending on what you like or do not like. Not everything is a basic "modern" need. We all make use of a ton of luxury things which is why we can discuss stuff on a fan site for a video game in the first place. But it isn't about doing what is right or wrong. It is about justifying and continuing hate for no reason.

Playing Blizzard games doesn't mean you support sexual harassment. Which is hilarious for you to even say given how you support the harassment of players with an emote. Do you see how that contradicts things?