Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Since their reputation is spiraling down the proverbial and literal toilet lately, Blizz might as well put out a hotfix to make the game more fun.

I'm not saying that they should, nor suggesting they would, and definitely not implying that such a thing would erase the scandal, but it might placate the playerbase for a short time.
    What makes you think they owe players an apology? They owe their employees one, not you.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    First of all, this isn't my arbitrary list of demands.
    It isn't arbitrary to you but it definitely is when you compare it to the ridiculous requests made by other people within the community. I'm not saying that it's arbitrary as a way to dismiss your valid reasons for leaving the game (or being critical of it), I'm saying it because people want a version of WoW that is tailor made to their personal preferences and I find find them leveraging this PR fuck up on Blizzard's part to demand as much borderline psychopathic. You don't get to buff Warlocks because a Blizzard employee got caught putting cameras in the ladies' restroom. Sorry. That just isn't how the world works.

I already unsubscribed a few days ago when details of the lawsuit first surfaced because I cannot in good faith support Activision Blizzard, given the gravity of what has surfaced. At the same time I'm not going to fault people for continuing to play the game and wanting to get a decent product for their money.
    Who are you to champion the rights of people who've deemed a product worth their own money? You unsubscribed. You made your voice heard. The people paying for the game don't think it's perfect but you're no better than anybody else so why do you get to feign nobility by pretending you care about a game you no longer actively play.

My desire to play WoW was waning many weeks ago, not only because of the sheer amount of time-gating, resource caps, quest-requirements and growing chore list that this "apology hotfix" the OP proposed would have helped alleviate, but because Blizzard staff have overall been ignorant and dismissive of player feedback.
    Again, "dismissing feedback" is one of the most nebulous things for which you can criticize Blizzard. They receive feedback from all kinds of different players. Just because they didn't listen to you specifically doesn't mean they aren't listening at all. It's pretty arrogant to assume otherwise.

Case in point: Just look at the lead product manager of Blizzard openly calling Asmongold an asshole, in response to a gatekeeper who urged their FFXIV fans to maliciously mass report Asmon and his followers to get them purged from their game. Said lead product manager and his reply basically condoned the kind of harassment and witch-hunting that would've landed you a permanent account ban in WoW - back when Blizz didn't lazily automate their report systems.
    "Private Blizzard employee uses private Twitter account to express a private opinion."

This entire fiasco was blown out of proportion. Asmongold's viewerbase is one of the most toxic in the WoW space so you can't blame a guy who likely has to spend the better part of his day interacting with the worst parts of it from having a negative opinion of the content creator himself. Does it excuse what he said? Absolutely not. But let's not pretend that Asmongold hasn't profited greatly from the negativity circlejerking he stokes. He's a posterchild for the 0 IQ "DAE old WoW GOOD; new WoW BAD, I miss Grizzly Hills" bullshit that pretty much defines the current anti-WoW zeitgeist.

TBC Classic meanwhile has been waning because broke their #NoChanges covenant with the game's community to instead put paid mounts and level boosts into the game. Datamined assets also suggest they're going to make TBC Classic P2W via WoW tokens before long. Imagine being able to buy a few tokens and wallet warrior your way to Gladiator or full raid clears by effectively paying real money for boosts.
    Got a source on any of those claims? Of course you don't. You're just making shit up. Did it ever occur to you that TBC's popularity might be waning because... TBC isn't that popular? Lol.

Fact that Blizz care more about removing /spit from TBC to stop those who bought the Deluxe Edition from being shamed than actually tackling toxic behaviour both in their player base and within their own company speaks volumes about their current priorities.
    I've already discussed this at length in the thread over on the Classic subforum but this is a ridiculous strawman that has no basis in reality. A company can both simultaneously improve itself internally while also taking measures to improve the quality of the experience in game as well. They're not mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-08-02 at 11:49 PM.

world of warcraft is just a bad game now

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Don't forget everyone gets a $1,000 Blizzard gift card for any Blizzard gear or services, 50 Activision stocks, and gets every single game/expansion released for free with no cost on subscription.
    Watch it turn into a 10 day extra playtime.

Lol.

1 month from now, this'll all be back to normal just fine without pandering/taking cues from random nobodies on MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol.

1 month from now, this'll all be back to normal just fine without pandering.
    Undoubtedly. Remember how the Blitzchung situation ended up?

This uh....this thread.
    So how about allowing us to switch our covenant abilities that doesn't involve all the rigmarole it currently does. Like, we're all working together and friends now, let me talk to those other guys about a trade. Make it a tad pricy as a deterrent from people switching left and right, whatever.

5+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to add one shot mythic bosses so we don’t have to wipe hours. Are you sure you aren’t too demanding? To be honest Blizzard done me nothing wrong. I have experienced worse from toxic players. I even went to Blizzcon once and I enjoyed the hell of it.

Reputations once exalted on ANY one character should become account WIDE!!
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

some are good but dude ... giving all the loots and killing any raid difficulty ? Inb4 "no more content" in 2 weeks.

*and all players get max level mythic gear, all mounts and all achievements because why the fuck not amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Honestly just give my character the option to punch Sylvanas in the gut as many times as I want while she's awaiting interrogation and I'll be satisfied
    Only if we can toss Jaina and Wah-nduin in with her to get gut punched.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah, how dare anybody try to take away your God-given right as a customer to call Blizzard employees useless, am I right?

The only thing anti-consumer here are the people who clearly have no desire to consume Blizzard products yet do nothing but post on forums like this about how their arbitrary list of demands aren't being met therefore they clearly hate the people who play the game.
    I wish MMOC had a "Like" button for posts/replies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    we are victims,we are victims of the devs poor game designs
    There aren't many instances where the victim is at fault, but this is one of them. Blizzard isn't forcing you to play the game. No one is. You chose to pay for it and you chose to play it. Oh they changed something? You had another choice to play it or to stop. The only way you are a victim of "devs poor game designs", is if you made the choice to be a victim of it. And guess what, when you made that choice, you stopped being the victim because all the relevant information needed to make an informed decision was there. You either chose to care about that information, or you chose not to care.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also get a mythic raid item and 100k gold in your mailbox everyday! and and and... a mount you havent collected yet! AND game time every second month!!!
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-08-03 at 01:01 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You also get a mythic raid item and 100k gold in your mailbox everyday! and and and... a mount you havent collected yet! AND game time every second month!!!
    Just gonna leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    AND game time every second month!!!
    Cheap.

/everymonth

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Undoubtedly. Remember how the Blitzchung situation ended up?

L O L
    The average user on mmo-champion that.

Well aCkShuAlly, I need to raid on wednesday, so the boycott can wait till Thursday.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-08-03 at 01:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly a lot of those changes would annoy me, you'd cause more game issues than fix problems with most of your list. Here's my list, a little bit more serious. It focused on things that are just plain annoying, pointless, alt friendliness/catchup. From my POV an apology hotfix would be to players, who have to jump through so many hoops to play the game. Listen to content creators, who just think how annoying most of this is.

- Conduit Energy has been removed
    - Tower Knowledge increased by 50% and can be earned from Mission Tables (Catchup for Alts/Mains instead of feeling the urge to do more than the 12/12 per week)
    - Chronicle of Lost Memories from the Covenant Class hall now cost 20 Grateful Offering, down from 35
    - All sources of Grateful Offerings now give 5, up from 3
    - Completing a Mythic+ 15 in time will now also reward appropriate Conduits, up to ilvl 239

- Added a Flight Path to Helspawn Citadel outside the entrance to Sanctum of Domination
    - Alts can now skip Korthia Campaign Chapters. Once a Chapter has been completed the Renown can be obtained on Alts from Saving 20 Lost Souls in the Maw
    - Removed the Renown Requirement for Honor Gear
    - Crafting Experience gained for Shadowlands Legendary items is reduced (It should require 10 crafts for each Rank compared to 15 as current)
    - Added a Campaign Skip for the 9.0 Covenant Campaign for Alts (Players must have completed the Covenant Campaign before on a different Character to skip)

For the record, none of this fixes the horrific situation in their office. Just a few suggestions on how to improve the current game.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Since their reputation is spiraling down the proverbial and literal toilet lately, Blizz might as well put out a hotfix to make the game more fun.

I'm not saying that they should, nor suggesting they would, and definitely not implying that such a thing would erase the scandal, but it might placate the playerbase for a short time.

So here goes:

[Combat]
    • All skills previously put on the GCD in Battle for Azeroth have now been removed from it.
    • The AoE target cap has been removed.

[Covenants]
    • Conduits will now drop at the highest possible level.
    • Conduit Energy has been removed.
    • The Anima Reservoir cap has been removed.
    • All missions from the mission table and their Anima costs have been halved.
    • Followers will now earn double the rate of EXP. In addition, the cost to heal and revive them has been halved.

[Currencies]
    • All expansion-relevant currencies have had their sources doubled. a single Ardendew Pearl now awards 70 Anima(1)
    • All expansion-relevant currencies have had their prices halved. a Tier 3 Anima Conductor now costs 5000 Anima and 11 Redeemed Souls(1)
    • Item upgrades have had their prices halved. In addition, the higher ranks no longer have any requirements.

[Flying]
    • Flying is now possible in The Maw and Korthia.
    • Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder is now automatically unlocked.(2)

[Heirlooms]
    • All heirlooms now work up to the current level cap (Level 60 in Shadowlands), therefore upgrades are no longer required.
    • Wearing a full set of heirlooms will double the player’s experience point gains from all sources.

[Instances and Loot]
    • The drop rate of all bosses in every dungeon and raid instance has been doubled. from Vanilla to Shadowlands and all in-between
    • A new debuff called "End of the Legion" reduces the health and damage done by bosses from Legion-expansion raids by 35%.(3)
    • A new debuff called "Out with the Old" reduces the maximum health and damage done by bosses from BfA-expansion raids by 35%.(4)
    • A new debuff called "Death Defiance" reduces the maximum health and damage done by bosses from Shadowlands-expansion raids by 35%.(5)
    • Sylvanas' legendary bow will now drop from LFR.

[Mounts]
    • The Chauffeured Chopper no longer requires the Heirloom Hoarder achievement, and can be purchased from Heirloom vendors for a low-low price of 10 gold.
    • Mounts which previously had a profession requirement no longer do. a non-Tailor can use the Flying Carpet
    • All mounts earned on an account contribute towards mount-related achievements. even ones from the opposite faction or a different class

[Pet Battles]
    • Battle Pet experience gains have been doubled.

[Reputation]
    • All reputation gains have been doubled. this includes buffs; WHEE! now increases gains by 20%
    • All reputation requirements have been halved. it now takes 10500 rep to reach Exalted

[The Great Vault]
    • All items available from the Great Vault will be obtainable - you no longer have to choose. In addition, you will receive 3x Attendant's Token of Merit by default.
    • Legendary Powers and Sylvanas' legendary bow are now on the list of items obtainable from the vault.

[The Runecarver]
    • Legendary Recipes now drop even if the Runecarver has not yet been unlocked. In addition, their drop rate has been doubled.
    • The cost of crafting and upgrading legendary items has been halved.

[Torghast]
    • Tower Knowledge gains have been doubled, and their costs for perks in The Box of Many Things has been halved.
    • Phantasma gains have been doubled, and their costs for purchases via the Broker NPC have been halved.
    • The debuff "The Jailer's Chains" has been removed.

(1) This includes all currencies from every expansion; past, present, and future.
    (2) Both parts will unlock automatically.
    (3) This includes Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, The Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras, and Antorus the Burning Throne.
    (4) This includes Uldir, Battle of Dazaralor, Crucible of Storms, The Eternal Palace, and Ny'alotha.
    (5) This includes Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and all future raids in Shadowlands.
    You can’t make these demands if you are still subbed and even if you weren’t, there are at possibly almost a million addicts who are okay with game design as is.

Just quit and play something else.

i love this plan
    im happy to be a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    There aren't many instances where the victim is at fault, but this is one of them. Blizzard isn't forcing you to play the game. No one is. You chose to pay for it and you chose to play it. Oh they changed something? You had another choice to play it or to stop. The only way you are a victim of "devs poor game designs", is if you made the choice to be a victim of it. And guess what, when you made that choice, you stopped being the victim because all the relevant information needed to make an informed decision was there. You either chose to care about that information, or you chose not to care.
    ofc you can stop playing,but im talking about people who dont want to stop and they naturaly expect that the service they pay a consistant fee for to deliver on that price tag,not insult the players for it

ofc the company has seen the results of this,with massive stock drops,they lost bilions at this point because of their own fault and yet they insult players for it,its truly pathetic and such a company deserves only to rott in a gutter and the people in charge to be forever shunned ouf of this industry,kfc needs some burger flippers