Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Shocked @Ghostpanther what's his name has not come back to the forums to post the polls from the most biased place around.
    I wonder what happened to him.
    Good question, looking at his post history, he posted pretty regularly right up to literally the day before January 6th........then took a bit of a break, followed by several more posts between January 18 - 27, then never heard from again. I wonder.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Good question, looking at his post history, he posted pretty regularly right up to literally the day before January 6th........then took a bit of a break, followed by several more posts between January 18 - 27, then never heard from again. I wonder.
    i hope not he had underlying health conditions, sure did not need to be out in a group with those issues

Lets hope it was a come to jesus moment where he realized that was not the party to support.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I found some good news too

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/6b8c9b42...den-s-job.html

Title: President Biden's Job Approval Bounces, Defying First-Year Obama Swoon
    Excerpt:

Basically his numbers are in the high 50s of approval That is what the rest of the article is about. Here is one excerpt:

This article is from Investor's Business Daily. Not exactly a left wing publication!
    Here is that right wing ABC News saying that people are pessimistic about the direction of the country.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amer...ry?id=79036435

As President Joe Biden completed 100 days in office, the country was optimistic about the coming year, but now, just after hitting the six-month mark, Americans' optimism about the direction of the country has plummeted nearly 20 points, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds.

A majority -- 55% -- of the public say they are pessimistic about the direction of the country, a marked change from the roughly one-third (36%) that said the same in an ABC News/Ipsos poll published May 2. In the early May survey, Americans were more optimistic than pessimistic by a 28-percentage point margin. Optimism is now under water by 10 points. Looking ahead to the next 12 months, fewer than half -- 45% -- now report feeling optimistic about the way things are going, a significant drop from about two-thirds (64%) in the May poll.
    That right wing media always throwing up biased polls.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    O...is it that time of the month for you?
    Whatever...see ya next month. *waves buh-bye*

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is that right wing ABC News saying that people are pessimistic about the direction of the country.

Just you being dishonest and presenting a poll about "the direction of the country" as if that were comparable to a poll about "Joe Biden's approval rating".

Here's his approval rating, graphed; https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/

The IBD poll @Omega10 linked is the second on that list, entirely in line with others; no meaningful change from the overall trend.

A poll about people's optimism about the direction of the country is a heck of a lot more complex than approval ratings for the President, and will include a lot of factors completely outside the President's control.

Which should be obvious.

Unless you're pushing disinformation and hoping nobody checks your links.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna check 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would people be optimistic about the direction the country is heading when roughly half the population seems hell-bent on dragging as many people to the morgue as they can, and a majority of states are desperate to re-enact Jim Crow era-style voter suppression policies?

I mean, if only there was an overwhelmingly obvious thing that might affect people's outlook on the future...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why would people be optimistic about the direction the country is heading when roughly half the population seems hell-bent on dragging as many people to the morgue as they can
    I have to agree, that looks like disingenuous pollsters. "The country is going in the wrong direction, because people like me aren't getting vaccinated and dying."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's a month later than hoped, but Biden hits 70% vaccination rate.
    Not bad but I hate that as an actual metric. It takes a month to be fully vaccinated and that message isn't expressed enough. Any shot is better than no shot but I can't tell you how many people I've seen do some reckless stuff within 24 hours of just one jab.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It's cute watching you try and fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just you being dishonest and presenting a poll about "the direction of the country" as if that were comparable to a poll about "Joe Biden's approval rating".

Here's his approval rating, graphed; https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/

The IBD poll @Omega10 linked is the second on that list, entirely in line with others; no meaningful change from the overall trend.

A poll about people's optimism about the direction of the country is a heck of a lot more complex than approval ratings for the President, and will include a lot of factors completely outside the President's control.

Which should be obvious.

Unless you're pushing disinformation and hoping nobody checks your links.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna check 'em.
    The optimism-pessimism flip comes as Americans give Biden his lowest approval rating for his handling of the pandemic yet in ABC News/Ipsos polling. A little over 6 in 10 (63%) approve of the president's response to the coronavirus, according to the poll, which was conducted by Ipsos in partnership with ABC News using Ipsos' KnowledgePanel
    I guess that this means nothing to his approval. His handling of the pandemic approval is going down...I guess that is me spreading misinformation using a right wing ABC news poll. I mean, if you check the link. Which you obviously did not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    O...is it that time of the month for you?
    Whatever...see ya next month. *waves buh-bye*
    I have better things to do with my time then post or read here. We'll see how long it takes for one of you to complain about an abcnews poll being trolling to get me banned. I stop when I get banned, you don't stop. You post an average of about 12 times a day over almost 6 years. 12 times every day. I wonder how much you would post if your posts got reported every time. You are like the guys who say if you respond in a poll, you support Trump. For over a year everyone on this board said vote anyone but Trump, that did not mean they supported Joe Biden. I voted against any Democrat for president. I vote for the guy with the best chance to win, just like every one of you. Yet you guys say I support Trump with no evidence, just like you trolling me with why I do not post.
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2021-08-03 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not bad but I hate that as an actual metric. It takes a month to be fully vaccinated and that message isn't expressed enough. Any shot is better than no shot but I can't tell you how many people I've seen do some reckless stuff within 24 hours of just one jab.
    True, it's just a start... But it's something.

It's also a very lopsided statistic, unfortunately; while the US as a whole has hit 70%, 30 states haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that this means nothing to his approval. His handling of the pandemic approval is going down...I guess that is me spreading misinformation using a right wing ABC news poll. I mean, if you check the link. Which you obviously did not
    Nah, I did. You're just misrepresenting what it actually says. You're now conflating "approval of his handling of the pandemic" with his overall approval rating. The poll also looks into the approval towards Biden's handling of the economic recovery, and border issues, and so on; it's looking at separate issues.

You came into this trying to contradict a statement that Biden's approval was doing well overall, and your source here is in no way backing you up on that.

You're also playing the victim pre-emptively, because it's so unfair when you say things that aren't true and people notice that they aren't true.

No, that's the segment of the population that believes the vaccine makes you magnetic coming into play. I'd be curious to see why people believe this, because that would be fairly telling.

Kinda like, not his fault when governors are banning mask mandates, banning private businesses from requiring vaccines, and the state rollout programs in some states is a fuckin travesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet you guys say I support Trump with no evidence, just like you trolling me with why I do not post.
    Why do you insist on saying this, when your history is eminently searchable to anyone who bothers?

Here's you saying you were voting for Trump in a poll from the 2020 Trump Campaign thread; https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

You admitted to supporting him. You just want to play silly buggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Always weird when people who openly supported Trump for years try to deny it after he lost.
    I swear it's because you can edit out or delete posts, but you can't un-vote a poll.

oh yay, texastrumpster is back to lie about how much he loves trump. /yawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always weird when people who openly supported Trump for years try to deny it after he lost.
    We saw it coming a mile away, too. The Great Retcon. The fun thing is, Mr. Texas here isn't the only one to deny it, either. But everyone immediately slinks back into the darkness, after the poll is linked. At least it shows they are capable of shame. Well done Texasrules. There is hope for you yet.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-03 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Well gee, I wonder what could be causing that *Looks at Covid going nuts again* Well that can't be it. It has to be something else other than a paRty getting tens of thousands killed, not trying to better America at all, and other wise being huge piss nickles. Gonna need Scooby Doo to figure out this mystery.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well actual engineers disagree with you since the gas tax wasn't pegged to inflation we haven't been doing able to even do maintenance in most states. We have less than half of our roads that are actually in good condition.
    They have been doing ok around here, without having to completely tearing up the roads.

- - - Updated - - -

What other factors dictate whether you can afford thousands of dollars a month for childcare? And no idea what your little anecdote has to do with anything.
    The other factors are if you actually have to pay for childcare, or if would just make things easier for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Wait are you really trying to say having someone watch your kids is not "childcare". ? ? ??

The whole point right now is that there are millions if not 10s of millions of people who cannot stay home, cannot afford, can't split work shifts, don't have family, are single, are poor, in a community where their "friends" are in the same situation, etc etc.

That was the whole point of the investment. They were not doing it because of "feels" they were doing it because of the data.

- - - Updated - - -

Silly you for not just using Rassmussen.
    Shocked @Ghostpanther what's his name has not come back to the forums to post the polls from the most biased place around.
    I wonder what happened to him.
    As I said, prove you actually need government assistance, and I am ok with it. The key point is actually needing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why would people be optimistic about the direction the country is heading when roughly half the population seems hell-bent on dragging as many people to the morgue as they can, and a majority of states are desperate to re-enact Jim Crow era-style voter suppression policies?

I mean, if only there was an overwhelmingly obvious thing that might affect people's outlook on the future...

Given that significant portions of the country are diametrically opposed to the direction the other significant portion of the country wants to go, it is surprising anyone is optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kellhound if you don’t have kids then it’s not going to apply. If you do have kids then it’ll help. You gotta start thinking this stuff through.
    I have kids. As a family we decided that it was better for my wife to stay at home and raise the kids even when I was not making great money. It can be done.

I have thought things through. I fail to see why demanding maximum self responsibility is a bad thing and why expecting a handout from the government is a good thing.