Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So your friends are whales. Do you spit on them every time you play with them? All of the people that have the mount in classic don't fit your definition of a whale. Because they might not all have every single store mount, pet, and transmog. Yet you still said they all should be harassed.
    So not only do you twist words but you LOVE putting words in people's mouths. I never once said people deserved to be harassed. I merely said the emote was removed to protect whales. Blizzard doesn't care about harassment. They care about who puts money in their pockets. But I'm not debating this with you anymore. You have proven you can't talk about this in good faith.

It is truly a spectacle when two snowflakes collide. It's like watching a dividing by 0.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So not only do you twist words but you LOVE putting words in people's mouths. I never once said people deserved to be harassed. I merely said the emote was removed to protect whales. Blizzard doesn't care about harassment. They care about who puts money in their pockets. But I'm not debating this with you anymore. You have proven you can't talk about this in good faith.
    They got rid of the spit emote because whales were upset that people were mean to them with an emote. This is about money, not compassion.
    Your dismissive attitude towards harassment there clearly indicates you find it acceptable to "be mean" to whales. The emote was removed because of the harassment. If Blizzard doesn't care about harassment then they wouldn't need to protect whales from it. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Your dismissive attitude towards harassment there clearly indicates you find it acceptable to "be mean" to whales. The emote was removed because of the harassment. If Blizzard doesn't care about harassment then they wouldn't need to protect whales from it. Lol.
    If Blizzard cared about harassment, they would take action against people that spew racial slurs. They would take action against people body camping other players, preventing them from playing the game. they would take action against griefers IN GENERAL. But they don't. They got rid of the /spit emote because enough whales whined about it.

And once again, you are putting words in my mouth and prove you can't talk about this subject in good faith.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard cared about harassment, they would take action against people that spew racial slurs. They would take action against people body camping other players, preventing them from playing the game. they would take action against griefers IN GENERAL. But they don't. They got rid of the /spit emote because enough whales whined about it.
    So they can only care about harassment if they take action against everything? Why would Blizzard protect them from harassment if they don't actually do anything about harassment? Blizzard does take action against harassment all the time. As much as they need to? Nope. But it does happen.

https://gamerant.com/world-warcraft-...d-live-twitch/
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news/bli...ruption-317204
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...g_in_pvp_zone/
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/chat-mo...d-words-321894

There is also https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...s-and-partners where they claim to have banned over 30,000 accounts for toxicity and hate speech. So yeah about that no action what so ever. You are dismissive of the harassment that took place because you keep labeling them whining whales rather then just players.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-03 at 04:21 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Fixing that /spit harassment a lot quicker than fixing that sexual harassment...

Don't want to discourage users from buying a boosted mount...

kK, i'll just /slap them instead.

Seriously just such an empty gesture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    kK, i'll just /slap them instead.

Seriously just such an empty gesture.
    Exactly, it's absolutely pointless.

/spit banned? time to spam /slap
    /slap banned? time to spam /stink
    /stink banned? time to spam /smell
    /smell banned? time to spam /rude
    /rude banned? time to spam /rasp
    /rasp banned? time to spam /embarrass

What are they going to do, block every single emote that has negative connotations?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Exactly, it's absolutely pointless.

/spit banned? time to spam /slap
    /slap banned? time to spam /stink
    /stink banned? time to spam /smell
    /smell banned? time to spam /rude
    /rude banned? time to spam /rasp
    /rasp banned? time to spam /embarrass

What are they going to do, block every single emote that has negative connotations?
    They will most likely put in restrictions to any emote that's being abused. So if people don't want an emote to be gone or restricted, don't take it upon yourself or rally others to abuse whatever emote you care for.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

There really is no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked for it other than to basically shame other people. It's fine to be proud of your own numbers but nobody else cares unless they asked.
    Sooo i used it to shame others?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    inb4 this game becomes such a safe space that unrequested linking of damage meters in any type of chat = harassment.
    I can see this happen.

''Patch 12.2: Now requires you to have 4 Battle.net members in your party to be able to link 3rd party addon data in chat''.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They will most likely put in restrictions to any emote that's being abused. So if people don't want an emote to be gone or restricted, don't take it upon yourself or rally others to abuse whatever emote you care for.
    The emotes are designed to annoy someone. That's their intent and people are using them as intended.

So many... not particularly bright people in this thread have this so backwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The emotes are designed to annoy someone. That's their intent and people are using them as intended. So many... not particularly bright people in this thread have this so backwards.
    You can still harass people and take it to far. Also everyone with a Blizzard account is a battle.net member. The word you were looking for is friend. But hey you know what is bright and what is not, right?

You can still harass people and take it to far. Don't accuse people of lacking intelligence when you can't even understand harassment. Also everyone with a Blizzard account is a battle.net member. The word you were looking for is friend.
    You know what I meant, don't be obtuse.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what I meant, don't be obtuse.
    Don't get angry over mistakes. Amusing that someone that thinks harassment can't happen with an emote gets upset over being corrected.

Don't get angry over mistakes. Amusing that someone that thinks harassment can't happen with an emote gets upset over being corrected.
    Now you're a clairvoyant as well, ha.

No, you were being annoying. Just like people - an absolute minority of a minority - who /spit on people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now you're a clairvoyant as well, ha.
    You are the one that wanted me to be clairvoyant by saying I should know what you mean even when you make a mistake. Why do you equate having a mistake correct with harassing people that bought a mount? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo i used it to shame others?
    Apparently anyone who dares to post a meter unasked is 100% doing it to shame/harass, no other explanation allowed.

The emotes are designed to annoy someone. That's their intent and people are using them as intended.

So many... not particularly bright people in this thread have this so backwards.
    Take note I'm not stating my belief on how it should be handled... I really don't care about the spit emote.
    just saying that considering this emote was changed due to abuse... it's safe to say that if you abuse any other emote it most likely will change as well..

Though I do not think "annoying others" were in the design docs when they came up with emotes... Can't say I have ever used it or seen it been used to annoy someone. Can't relate to that.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Good!

For too long, Blizzard has allowed an Asshole Parade to march through all of their games. I'm glad they're talking about doing something about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being surprised that you're being targeted in a version of WoW that was meant to never have micro-transactions like mounts, because you run around on your 40$ mount.