Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Meanwhile, Hunters in other MMOs...

(Guild Wars 2. And yes... you can use dye system and paint this wonder in any color you like).
    Yeeesh, that's the opposite extreme of what we have with Hunters sets in WoW. Way overdesigned. Plus wouldn't fit the class IMO, they're about being one with the wild, not prancing around in golden suits of magical spike armor.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeeesh, that's the opposite extreme of what we have with Hunters sets in WoW. Way overdesigned. Plus wouldn't fit the class IMO, they're about being one with the wild, not prancing around in golden suits of magical spike armor.
    Have to agree with this. That armor looks more like that of a warrior or paladin imo.
    Now the hunter aesthetic of WoW is all over the place but that gear is pretty far from what a hunter would wear. Not even the Kyrian mail armor is that flashy, thankfully.

Since "worst" is subjective, my least favorite raid set for each class, not including Ahn'Qiraj which is just hot garbage all around, or the Post-Legion "armor class" sets since they aren't class specific. I also don't care that much for basically every Sunwell set too, even though I didn't single out any in particular.

Mage: Ulduar. Aside from Kirin Tor symbols, my Rogue wouldn't feel weird wearing this. Not a huge fan of the time mage stuff in DS or SoO either.
    Priest: ICC 10. The hood is just weird and the Putricide-esque colors make it look like a Warlock set, only bad. Second worst goes to Molten Core, and the red, square shoulders.
    Lock: Sooo many good sets, but I think the worst is HFC Normal or Heroic. That helm just makes no sense to me. Also, ICC 25 Heroic just has an...odd...color scheme to me.
    DH: Not much to choose from so I'll pick Tomb of Sargeras, but only because the notion of Demon Hunter + skirt hurts my brain
    Druid: Blackwing Lair. It looks sooooo outdated now, even by Classic set standards, and the Moose antlers are just awfully overdone. Heart of Fear has some interesting elements, but too much going on to make sense all at once. Naxx is a resounding "meh" for me.
    Monk: BRF. Looks cool, but the profile is too bulky for a Monk imo.
    Rogue: Bastion of Twilight. They made a Monk set an expansion too early. Also really not a fan of the Antorus Dashing Scoundrel set.
    Hunter: The hunter theme of "kill things and wear them" seemingly involves a lot of killing hideous things and looking...hideous. Particularly bad, I think, are SoO, which (ironically) looks completely and utterly un-huntery (also hideous), and Bastion of Twilight with its weird Murloc helm
    Shaman: Lots of good sets here. TOC Ally side is really forgettable, however.
    DK: Alliance ToC for sure. Heart of Fear would be cool set, but really...a robe for a DK set?! And while I like the design of the Nighthold set, the color schemes make it look too busy to me.
    Paladin: The original banana suit, probably. Just cartoonish. And Naxx 25 is close. I don't mind the Naxx-10 colors, but there's just something about the Naxx 25 colors in combination with the angles of the shoulder and helmet that looks weird to me, like an anime character having a bad hair day
    Warrior: SoO, which is just reaaallly weird and also...flashes. To my liking, Gruul's lair has a really weak profile for a Warrior set
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2021-08-02 at 02:35 AM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Have to agree with this. That armor looks more like that of a warrior or paladin imo.
    Now the hunter aesthetic of WoW is all over the place but that gear is pretty far from what a hunter would wear. Not even the Kyrian mail armor is that flashy, thankfully.
    Yes, now this may look like a paladin. But in GW2 you can paint this armor any other color. And then there are colors with an effect that change the texture making this plate effect look something like leather.
    I just posted this GIF to show the beauty and "transformation" of combat-mode of some gw2 xmogs.
    p.s: I hope our moderation doesn't think I'm trying to divert the thread to a "game x game" subject.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Shaman, easily T11
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Im extremely disappointed with the most recent tier too...neither the mythic raid or 1800 pvp rating gear has any special effects.
    I guess gear without special effects can be cool...and it is kinda cool...but...is so underwhelming.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/976485.jpg
    it does have a special effect, please note the face mask and shoulders. (not that i think the set is good, still very bleh)

The auto closing helmet is kinda sweet I have to say, but everything else is far, far too busy as well. My Warrior wouldn't be caught dead wearing this thing.

Also, for the single worst tier set in history, IMO it's the Paladin banana suit. How could the designers that made the amazeballs Judgement set previously shit out that abomination is beyond my ability to even comprehend.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

that's not a class tier set though.

Alliance cloth (that tier was 4 sets divided by armor type) ToC. It was bad for all 4 armor types and if I remember right the Horde side wasn't much better, but it was so bland and boring, especially for a warlock who generally get some of the better looking sets per tier

5+ Year Old Account
    Haha, you guys should check current mage sets. They look like straight from damn Sauron’s wardrobe.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-08-02 at 05:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, now this may look like a paladin. But in GW2 you can paint this armor any other color. And then there are colors with an effect that change the texture making this plate effect look something like leather.
    I just posted this GIF to show the beauty and "transformation" of combat-mode of some gw2 xmogs.
    p.s: I hope our moderation doesn't think I'm trying to divert the thread to a "game x game" subject.
    Fair enough. I agree that being able to change the colour scheme would help. And yes the transformation aspect is really cool. In WoW we've only had that effect in a handful of tier sets and it is usually a lot more subtle. IE warlock/paladin/priest wings or the shaman/druid 'ghost' face effects. Stuff like that.

Dazar'alor for mages, I'm sure for trolls and undead, that set looks beautiful, but for every other race? It's a frigging eyesore masquerading as armor. And Mythic just says "What if that set, but M O R E B O N E S ?"

15+ Year Old Account

Gronnstalker. Doesn't matter if it's the original from TBC or the Legion version, but the Legion version hurt the most since we could have gotten a rewamped Demonstalker and Blizz went for this instead... I know, I know, it was the tier of Black Temple, but it doesn't fit Legion at all since there are no Gronn around. Would have fit WoD more.
    Only crazy people prefer the Demon Stalker over Gronn Stalker. You sir, are a crazy person.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, Hunters in other MMOs...

(Guild Wars 2. And yes... you can use dye system and paint this wonder in any color you like).
    What is it? A Hunter or Chaos Chosen?

Spikey much?
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-08-03 at 01:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Gronnstalker. Doesn't matter if it's the original from TBC or the Legion version, but the Legion version hurt the most since we could have gotten a rewamped Demonstalker and Blizz went for this instead... I know, I know, it was the tier of Black Temple, but it doesn't fit Legion at all since there are no Gronn around. Would have fit WoD more.
    Yeah the idea of recycling T6 for ToS was clearly something they, suddenly, went with and then pushed the intended tier armors for ToS, to Antorus instead. Why the holy hell else, would Antorus have a naga set!?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Warlocks have been mighty blessed with our tier sets. For the worst, it was between this and Balespider for me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, those were not exactly the best. Was supposed to look like one of those frosthorn rhinos or something?
    It's a Crypt Lord aka the nerubian kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah the idea of recycling T6 for ToS was clearly something they, suddenly, went with and then pushed the intended tier armors for ToS, to Antorus instead. Why the holy hell else, would Antorus have a naga set!?
    Why would ToS have a mega troll shaman set?
    My theory is some BFA sets crept into Antorus when they cut tier sets for 8.0.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the LFR version of tier 15 was pretty good since it makes you look like a Mogu.

But apart from that yeah warriors got shafted pretty bad.
    Well that entire set, regardless of difficulty, made you look like a mogu.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Never saw the appeal other than it being from a "hard" Raid.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Why would ToS have a mega troll shaman set?
    Why would Antorus? Besides, the shaman set was already designed back in the Legion beta. There's a drawing of it in the Legion CE artbook. Oh and the hidden elemental and enh. artifact skins were designed to match that exact armor piece. It was probably intended much earlier than 7.3.

EDIT: Even found an old mmo-champ thread discussing said artwork. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...shamman-ey-set
    Last edited by Venziir; 2021-08-03 at 01:39 PM.