Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love how half this thread is "fuck women being harassed and discriminated against, I want WoW's development to change".

Stay classy MMO-C.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It wasn't all 100% his fault but his tenure has been nothing but one PR nightmare after another and he's been a very weak, ineffectual leader and brand ambassador.

Regardless, I have no faith that Blizzard will ever have a renaissance. Large billion dollar corporations are inherently soulless and amoral. Doens't matter if they are Exxon, Amazon, or Activision.

The predictable cycle of watching every beloved game studio grow, flourish, stagnant, wither, and then die a soulless death has been very disheartening to watch over the past few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I love how half this thread is "fuck women being harassed and discriminated against, I want WoW's development to change".

Stay classy MMO-C.
    I'd be willing to bet anything on the majority preferring an S-tier expansion made by the current team of degenerates over another average expansion made by saints - That's just how people tend to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

Guess why New World Beta is so popular right now, its more War in that mmo than in WORLD of WARcraft and this is nothing, but embarassing.
    Or maybe it's just the next "new thing"?

*gasp*

Stay classy MMO-C.
    because they've never loved a woman let alone be genuine friends with and probably lay with and start a family with one.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah except Ion in Game Director, as in the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game.

I dont really know why i say it since no one ever listen, but he is not making the decisions what direction story will take or what system to add, he might be part of the group that does it but there is not 1 single person making the decisions and have never been.

But i know its easier to blame everything on just one guy, problem is, when that guy goes away nothing changes since the group making the decisions is still there.
    Hang on, he's the Game Director. He directs where the game goes. He could easily say no to a system being implemented or not.

The buck stops with him when it comes to how the game plays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    It wasn't all 100% his fault but his tenure has been nothing but one PR nightmare after another and he's been a very weak, ineffectual leader and brand ambassador.

Regardless, I have no faith that Blizzard will ever have a renaissance. Large billion dollar corporations are inherently soulless and amoral. Doens't matter if they are Exxon, Amazon, or Activision.

The predictable cycle of watching every beloved game studio grow, flourish, stagnant, wither, and then die a soulless death has been very disheartening to watch over the past few decades.
    Yep, happens every time they grow so big they get noticed by the big players, corporatised, emptied from the inside and left to rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Ok....That changes nothing as long as Grand Nagus Kotick is at the helm, and D-anuser keeps writing personal wank fantasies into the game as the story.
    Remove Danuser from WoW, too, please. This guy can't ever write good stories.

If Chris Avellone, who did the great Planescape: Torment and Fallout: New Vegas and countless other RPGs writings, wouldn't have also problems with the California law he could work on the story as a freelancer. Pity!

Stay classy MMO-C.
    Blizzard's internal bullshit shouldn't be my concern as an active paying subscriber. Part of the transaction wasn't "we're not working on the game you pay a monthly subscription for until we fix our shit"

I'm all for them fixing their shit, but if it means that the customer is sidelined then make subs free while no development is being done.

Remove Danuser from WoW, too, please. This guy can't ever write good stories.

If Chris Avellone, who did the great Planescape: Torment and Fallout: New Vegas and countless other RPGs writings, wouldn't have also problems with the California law he could work on the story as a freelancer. Pity!
    PS:T is one of my favourite CRPGs of all time, & I've been a big fan of Chris for years, especially when he spoke out against Feargus Urquhart for giving his wife & kids production credits on Pillars of Eternity But an MMO doesn't need an Avellone - An MMO needs a writer who understands the best stories the medium can offer are the ones between the players themselves, & write a story to facilitate as many opportunities as possible for that to happen.

If I were to list my top 100 WoW stories, every single one of them would involve other players, & not a single one would involve the story of the game itself. The story is simply there to get you from point A to point B.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    PS:T is one of my favourite CRPGs of all time, & I've been a big fan of Chris for years, especially when he spoke out against Feargus Urquhart for giving his wife & kids production credits on Pillars of Eternity But an MMO doesn't need an Avellone - An MMO needs a writer who understands the best stories the medium can offer are the ones between the players themselves, & write a story to facilitate as many opportunities as possible for that to happen.

If I were to list my top 100 WoW stories, every single one of them would involve other players, & not a single one would involve the story of the game itself. The story is simply there to get you from point A to point B.
    It should be a war story and some big dramas, twists and plots not that dense unbelievable "i will not serve" sylvanas story - btw, did you see Pyromancers outrage over Danuser lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Ion owns Shittylands. Remove him well before 10.0 and the next expansion.

And no more god-damned "systems"
    I have at one point you have to stop and admit wow just isn't for you anymore. People are not gonna be ok woth content like we used to have in Cata for example. Back then we had nothing - we did some dailies for rep until exalted, raid and a couple dungeons per week for valor points. That is it. This just wouldn't fly today, ppl would yell of boredom. There is no fixing this anymore. Even if you dont want new stuff and systems, others don't want something else and others need more of everything. And at the core of it everyone forgets what is fun about wow and why this genre exists - to play with others. To make friends and all that, pugging is a means to an end that usually leaves everyone disheartened sooner or later. No matter how boring the game is, if you play with friends that is what makes it interesting. No matter what your reason for playing is, if you are unhappy it's probably because you do not have friends to support you in whatever you want to do.

Stay classy MMO-C.
    This is the thing - we are no actors in this harassment and discrimination debacle. Nor we know what really happened. Nor the company, or its workers, are our friends. The only thing that impacts us are the games. And that should be our only relation to the company. Let the courts handle the misconduct, root out the truth, and punish the guilty people.

It's time we stopped those twitter lynches
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Not surprising, but is it going to be nothing more than a sacrifice for pr's sake since he's in shit like that blizzcringe video. Either way i guess he thought Blizzard wants him, but they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ion is just a convenient community target dummy.
    Hiring the elitist jerk lawyer is probably not the best way to make your game have any sort of mass appeal.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

It should be a war story and some big dramas, twists and plots not that dense unbelievable "i will not serve" sylvanas story - btw, did you see Pyromancers outrage over Danuser lately?
    I don't know who Danuser is, but I saw a bit of Pyromancer on LSF before quickly tuning out - I have zero interest in that sort of stuff.

WoW has had a shit story from day one, I don't expect that to change now. So long as the game fosters good player interactions then that's all I feel it needs to do, & I believe stories should be written around that, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You do realise his influence is most likely already a part of 10.0. Even if they would kick him out now.

Who cares. He is a part of the reason why this expansion is so fucking shitty. He needs to get the hell out like the others. Sorry. I know a few people have a hardon for him but he was a part of why the last expansion sucked ass and definitely why the expansion sucks ass now. So between people grabbing and groping the female ass in the company, you also have developers making shitfest expansions. Blizzard NEEDS a whole damn revamp.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Good riddance. Are there any original Blizzard people left?
    Hope not, since it looks like a lot of the problem stemmed from those people. The more fresh blood the better.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PedjaLHS View Post
    Starting today, J. Allen Brack will be stepping down as the leader of the studio, and Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will co-lead Blizzard moving forward

Offical post:
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...ip-at-blizzard
    As I saw a comment say earlier today.

You think you work here, but you don't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I don't know who Danuser is, but I saw a bit of Pyromancer on LSF before quickly tuning out - I have zero interest in that sort of stuff.

WoW has had a shit story from day one, I don't expect that to change now. So long as the game fosters good player interactions then that's all I feel it needs to do, & I believe stories should be written around that, not the other way around.
    Aha ok. Steve Danuser is our great lead narrative designer of WoW and the guy that pushed Sylvanas for 3 expansions in a row.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah except Ion in Game Director, as in the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game.

I dont really know why i say it since no one ever listen, but he is not making the decisions what direction story will take or what system to add, he might be part of the group that does it but there is not 1 single person making the decisions and have never been.

But i know its easier to blame everything on just one guy, problem is, when that guy goes away nothing changes since the group making the decisions is still there.
    He's the GAME DIRECTOR, the defacto head of WoW going forward. He does decide where the story goes, where the systems go, what to make, what not to make, he bosses everything it's up to him to decide as he has the first word.

He can walk up to his senior devs and be like "We're going to space, to another planet to conquer cause Azeroth needs resources" and the story team thinks of a story reason to do so, system people think of an awful way to cram progression into it etc...

Again, GAME DIRECTOR. Same goes for someone like say Yoshi P of FF14, he decides the story as he knows it very well. But then I cant say with real confidence that Ion knows or understands or cares for the story, but in all terms known to us he should be the one decididng the story and if he isn't, well there's your problem, terrible leadership.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?