Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Talk about downplaying someones experience in various companies at leading positions...Doesn't make you come across in a good light tbh. Shows some bias.
    Also, being a game dev has little to do with running a gaming company at the size of Blizzards scale. My entire point was that none of us know why they chose 2 this time, so the person wanted to see what he wanted to see... that it's sexism. That's my entire point.

First thing I thought of is that Blizzard is in such shambles that they either needs 2 people helping cleaning it up. Or they want leadership to instead of 1, being run a by 2 which mean they can give more insight from their areas of expertise and thus make a better decision by running their ideas between each other. Or they just wanted diversity due to the current situation. Ergo, you see what you want to see... No reason to argue this further though. I don't know why they chose 2 and we won't know by discussing it anyway...
    I was a bit hyperbolic and I admit it. After thinking about it, I think the choice makes more sense of the two prove to be good leaders able to clean the house. What I didn't consider was the fact, that there wasn't just abuse against women and minorities going on, but that people from departments not directly involved with game development seemed to have suffered abuse at the company as well, so I think it actually makes sense to have somebody who was involved with the battlenet plattform and is probably more connected to the serve oriented departments at the studio to be in a position of power. I came to realize that this is an aspect of the issue, that I haven't paid attention enough, because it isn't just horrible, them bullying quality control and customer service explains a shit ton of the issues that many Blizzard products have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    TLDR:

Community has found a scapegoat, the scapegoat was removed, a woman was promoted, community gets a SJW boner and thinks the problem is solved now.
    say's who, blizzard? It's not like this is going to make the lawsuit go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I was a bit hyperbolic and I admit it. After thinking about it, I think the choice makes more sense of the two prove to be good leaders able to clean the house. What I didn't consider was the fact, that there wasn't just abuse against women and minorities going on, but that people from departments not directly involved with game development seemed to have suffered abuse at the company as well, so I think it actually makes sense to have somebody who was involved with the battlenet plattform and is probably more connected to the serve oriented departments at the studio to be in a position of power. I came to realize that this is an aspect of the issue, that I haven't paid attention enough, because it isn't just horrible, them bullying quality control and customer service explains a shit ton of the issues that many Blizzard products have right now.
    And yet none of that makes sense when you realize most of blizzards best work came from these supposedly abusive times.

?????????? Just stop, this is done and over, a vag leading anything won't help anyone, it's over for good.

SJW's can pat eachother on the ass and find another target now, probably Valve since they've been left alone for far too long amirite.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    It's not like this is going to make the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    You people and your identity politics has no end does it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    So you're saying it makes sense to appoint some as president who has been at the company for half a year? Yeah....
    Tell me you know nothing about how companies are run without telling me you know nothing about how companies are run.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Makes me wonder what will happen to the others involved in the "Cosby Suite" pic. I mean its not like Ghostcrawler can be fired from Blizzard
    From what I've seen, with those that don't have direct accusations of harassment and abuse going against them, the primary tenor seems to be disappointment that they didn't do anything and outrage that they claim to have not known a thing when employee reports online contradict these statements and with how widespread the issue is make these sentiments really unbelievable. They will not be "cancelled", but people are rightfully expecting of them to cooperate with the authorities to gain back respect.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's not like this is going to make the game better.
    again, who the fuck is implying this? you guys sure love taking swipes at people who aren't there.

Highly concerned about the prospect of an employee that's been with the company for fewer than 7 months suddenly jumping to leadership. Mainly, there are good members of leadership that have been there for years that would've been better for it, but I guess that goes against the idea of "new" leadership.

I expect nothing but the ship to continue sinking since the leaders are just puppets for the largest shareholders anyway. Profits > Quality will continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    You people and your identity politics has no end does it? lol
    The same can be said of you people and your sexist views. Luckily you people are dying out.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Tell me you know nothing about how companies are run without telling me you know nothing about how companies are run.
    You knowledge on memes is as shit as your knowledge on companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I think it's a good move to have new people to the company lead it. The old guard is ripe with disgusting animals that need to be purged. Bring in new, younger people who won't repeat the mistakes of the old.
    Bringing in "younger people" for the sake of bringing in younger people isn't a good idea.
    You need people with experience as well. And you especially don't need a token promotion like these two are. I guess this is part of blizzards promise to "diversify" since for some reason them sexually exploiting their workers now means that they simply need to "diversify" to swipe it all under the table.

Who would of thought that the best way to combat sexual misconduct would be to hire everybody by the color of their skin, their gender, and/or sexual orientation. Must make you happy, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Yeah but that wont go away what ever changes Activision / Blizzard do, since the lawsuit is about stuff that have already happened, not stuff that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    And yet none of that makes sense when you realize most of blizzards best work came from these supposedly abusive times.

?????????? Just stop, this is done and over, a vag leading anything won't help anyone, it's over for good.

SJW's can pat eachother on the ass and find another target now, probably Valve since they've been left alone for far too long amirite.
    Jen Oneal was the leader of Vicarious Visions and has more than two decades experience on the field, what are you talking about? Do some research instead of complaing all over the place how the femoids won't date assholes.

One predator down, so many more to go. This is a good start but it needs to trickle down into the ranks and get the other enablers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    one of my three requirements have been met. JAB being gone means i will at least consider buying blizzard games again. now ion needs the boot for me to consider returning to wow and kotick needs a boot (and hopefully something else) for me to do anything with activision again. change is change. let's hope for good change.
    For me step one is independence from Activision. After that:
    Step 2. Ion and Brack leace
    Step 3: Every sex offender listed by name and prison sentence.
    Step 4: Huge presentation about what they are going to do to each franchise moving forward. At least two games that sound interesting to me.
    Step 5: Said interesting games releasing with a maximum of one year delay.
    Step 6: Proper support, content updates and dev communication in the two years after release.

If these are met, they will have more of my money. Not a single coin before.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    About time and good riddance. The guy always came over as a yes-man for Activision, he hasn’t done anything to make their games better and is just there to sweet talk the earning calls. Straight up lied with ‘we will do better’ and then release WC3:Reforged afterwards…

The ‘you think you do but you don’t’ alone was a red flag of what to expect, a team that doesn’t know what the player base actually wants and only listens to their own ego.
    History proved him right, though. Everyone flocked to try Classic and almost immediately left only a relatively few hardcore holdouts.

First act of new leadership was to extend maintenance.

I would say hopefully they can route out the bad eggs, both the lazy and the activist, but I'm not holding my breath. More focus on diversity is less focus on their actual jobs... making fucking games.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    History proved him right, though. Everyone flocked to try Classic and almost immediately left only a relatively few hardcore holdouts.
    Don't tell them that though, when you log into classic those guys legitimacy think that retail dead and that the servers are ghost towns. Its like watching one of those movies where people are in a bunker for 50 years and they think everything outside has died... only nuclear war never happened.