Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    What a wonderful imaginary world you must live in. Or maybe you're a time-traveler from old times who somehow can use a modern-day computer.

Either way, the Democratic party hasn't been like that in decades. Meanwhile, the party of Trump has taken up the confederate flag of racism and is running with it like it's the Olympic torch.
    I don't see that anywhere unless you follow Rachel Maddow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Republicans and Democrats swapped platforms in the 60s. The KKK and Proud Boys endorse the Republican party so yes they absolutely do have a racist base.

The only people who try to use "woke" in a bad way are people that are mad they can't get away with saying fucked up comments anymore.
    That's what they say, they "Swapped" platforms, then you have (D) politicians glad handing Robert Byrd, a President telling people "if they don't vote Democrat, they ain't black", and Democrats labeling anyone who is black and speaks out against the Democrats as a Token individual (even trending it on Twitter).

Yeah, Republicans, definitely the party of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    I don't see that anywhere unless you follow Rachel Maddow.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what they say, they "Swapped" platforms, then you have (D) politicians glad handing Robert Byrd, a President telling people "if they don't vote Democrat, they ain't black", and Democrats labeling anyone who is black and speaks out against the Democrats as a Token individual (even trending it on Twitter).

Using like three examples of Democrat racists doesn't change the fact that the Republican party's entire current platform is mostly built on racism. There are racists in both parties but the Republicans pretty much embrace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to revisit this and see how it's devolved even further.

Time to play the buzzword drinking game. RIP my liver.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Using like three examples of Democrat racists doesn't change the fact that the Republican party's entire current platform is mostly built on racism. There are racists in both parties but the Republicans pretty much embrace it.
    The only difference between a Democrat and a Republican is the paycheck.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

That's not evidence. That's one article claiming that Hannibal Buress is the sole reason people knew about Cosby issues. That is NOTHING but speculation and conjecture.

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans and Democrats swapped platforms in the 60s. The KKK and Proud Boys endorse the Republican party so yes they absolutely do have a racist base.

The only people who try to use "woke" in a bad way are people that are mad they can't get away with saying fucked up comments anymore.
    Seems pretty dang conclusive

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...cosby%20rapist See the giant peak?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Oh man this shit-storm just keeps on getting bigger. Cosby also wasn’t accused until 2014, and that picture is apparently from 2013, so that raises some eyebrows.
    Cosby had already been accused by 14 women(and settled a lawsuit surrounding it) by the time the other 60 accused him in 2014. Everyone who paid attention to the news knew Cosby was a rapist for decades. They used to crack jokes about it on sitcoms.

Tina Fey joked about it constantly when she hosted Weekend Update on SNL. Hannibal Buress wrote a joke about when he was on the writing team that made it on 30 Rock in like 2008.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wokeism is for bored 1st worlders who've never experienced any real hardships, so they have to make up their own struggles to justify their existence.
    In a thread where the issue at hand is the toxic work environment at a major gaming corporation, with such glee-inspiring stuff like low wages, stressful crunches, "cube crawls", and the general (mis)treatment of women... you still managed somehow to paint it as if white dudes were the actual victims. OMG dat evil woke crowd, grab your guns boys!

Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No, the term "woke" where people feel compelled to go out of their way and signal how offended they are on other peoples' behalf.
    What is your problem with Abraham Lincoln dude? He was a great president.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Cosby had already been accused by 14 women(and settled a lawsuit surrounding it) by the time the other 60 accused him in 2014. Everyone who paid attention to the news knew Cosby was a rapist for decades. They used to crack jokes about it on sitcoms.

Tina Fey joked about it constantly when she hosted Weekend Update on SNL. Hannibal Buress wrote a joke about when he was on the writing team that made it on 30 Rock in like 2008.
    Hmm...
    https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-30801087.html
    claims she made one joke about it in SNL when allegations were current, and one joke in 30 Rock (the latter joke wasn't that clear, honestly).

Basically everything indicates that most people weren't paying attention to this.
    Why is that some consistently try to prove that everyone knew about Cosby, despite the evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Hmm...
    https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-30801087.html
    claims she made one joke about it in SNL when allegations were current, and one joke in 30 Rock (the latter joke wasn't that clear, honestly).

Basically everything indicates that most people weren't paying attention to this.
    Why is that some consistently try to prove that everyone knew about Cosby, despite the evidence?
    Because that was kind of the culture during that time. Remember when everyone was defending Roman Polanski in Hollywood, because they thought that being a good director should give a man aristocratic status above the law?

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Because that was kind of the culture during that time. Remember when everyone was defending Roman Polanski in Hollywood, because they thought that being a good director should give a man aristocratic status above the law?
    I heard something of it, but as most others I weren't paying attention; and I weren't in Hollywood.
    I haven't really made a conscious decisions about his movies myself - I just can't remember any of them, it's not like Chaplin that I deliberately avoid nowadays.

The idea with the speculation (from Kotaku) that the Cosby suite was named after Cosby-assaults is not only that people would be paying attention, but also that they would naturally associate Cosby with those sexual allegations. I haven't heard anyone defending Cosby during that time - it just seems it wasn't discussed much.

So, the fact that Polanski was defended is actually an indication that Cosby wasn't associated with sexual assaults; unless you can find similar defenses for Cosby from the relevant time period.

I heard something of it, but as most others I weren't paying attention; and I weren't in Hollywood.
    I haven't really made a conscious decisions about his movies myself - I just can't remember any of them, it's not like Chaplin that I deliberately avoid nowadays.

The idea with the speculation (from Kotaku) that the Cosby suite was named after Cosby-assaults is not only that people would be paying attention, but also that they would naturally associate Cosby with those sexual allegations. I haven't heard anyone defending Cosby during that time - it just seems it wasn't discussed much.

So, the fact that Polanski was defended is actually an indication that Cosby wasn't associated with sexual assaults; unless you can find similar defenses for Cosby from the relevant time period.
    It seems like rumors of Cosby being a rapist were wide spread at least in Hollywood. With Blizz being also located in California and being part of the entertainment industry, I could see at least gossip spreading.

Ultimately though I think its irrelevant and only used as a distraction tactic from incels on this website. At worst, it was an edgy and creepy joke by a serial harasser. At best, it has become rather creepy and at the same time hillariously ironic and fitting in retrospect. Especially since considering Afrasiabis conduct, later employees probably could have easily understood the cosby suit as a reference to the rape case.

It seems like rumors of Cosby being a rapist were wide spread at least in Hollywood. With Blizz being also located in California and being part of the entertainment industry, I could see at least gossip spreading.
    So, you keep pushing this idea, because you could see that gossip was spreading in the entertainment industry in California?

Seriously?

Ultimately though I think its irrelevant and only used as a distraction tactic from incels on this website.
    You mean that is used as distraction by the ones that are pushing this weird speculation for no obvious reason, and without any real evidence?

At best, it has become rather creepy and at the same time hillariously ironic and fitting in retrospect.
    I doubt that Olivia Grace find it "hilariously ironic and fitting", especially since she tweeted about the Cosby suite without referencing anything untoward - and did have problems with someone "getting handsy" with her in the Cosby suite.

The point about the naming is that if it were named to reference Cosby's sexual assaults is that then everyone involved in it seems to become complicit, including her, Greg Street (Ghostcrawler), Dave Kosak, etc.

That's a rather serious allegation - based on just a speculation.

Especially since considering Afrasiabis conduct, later employees probably could have easily understood the cosby suit as a reference to the rape case.
    Clearly false, as we have at least case that didn't - after being a victim there!

Note that the law-suit is to a large degree about pay and promotion discrimination (which still may be ongoing), so the entire sexual allegation angle is to some part a juicy headline-grabbing distraction - especially as some of the offenders are no longer at Blizzard; and I doubt that there have been any cube-crawls the last 12 months.

So, you keep pushing this idea, because you could see that gossip was spreading in the entertainment industry in California?

Seriously?

You mean that is used as distraction by the ones that are pushing this weird speculation for no obvious reason, and without any real evidence?

I doubt that Olivia Grace find it "hilariously ironic and fitting", especially since she tweeted about the Cosby suite without referencing anything untoward - and did have problems with someone "getting handsy" with her in the Cosby suite.

The point about the naming is that if it were named to reference Cosby's sexual assaults is that then everyone involved in it seems to become complicit, including her, Greg Street (Ghostcrawler), Dave Kosak, etc.

That's a rather serious allegation - based on just a speculation.

Clearly false, as we have at least case that didn't - after being a victim there!

Note that the law-suit is to a large degree about pay and promotion discrimination (which still may be ongoing), so the entire sexual allegation angle is to some part a juicy headline-grabbing distraction - especially as some of the offenders are no longer at Blizzard; and I doubt that there have been any cube-crawls the last 12 months.
    Did that skepticism of yours ever got you a girlfriend in real life? Serious question.

Did that skepticism of yours ever got you a girlfriend in real life? Serious question.
    So lacking any real arguments, you just ask a question assuming my sexual preferences (and likely gender)?

Tsk tsk.

So lacking any real arguments, you just ask a question assuming my sexual preferences (and likely gender)?

Tsk tsk.
    Stop trying to act smart, everybody here knows you are 99% a cishet probably white guy. If not, fuck, what went wrong my dude/dudette? You are not in a good place, you know it deep down.

And generally, I just don't feel like playing the game. Everyone here knows that guys like you only bitch about skepticism and innocent till proven guilty when it is about following conspiracy theories and without a single argument wanting to disagree with experts of various fields or like now when it comes to men raping, harassing or abusing women. I know that you are not nearly as skeptical when it comes to following widely debunked sentiments by conservative public figures or whenever a black person is shot by the police.

I'm not interested in personal attacks, and speculations built upon speculations, as ​it is distracting from the main issue:

Blizzard's alleged (and likely) ongoing systematic discrimination in terms of wages and work-conditions, and generally bad work conditions.

Whether the sexual harassment part has been dealt by now isn't clear - and the law-suit doesn't claim it was systematic; the two persons named in the law-suit are no longer with Blizzard - and since the naming of the Cosby suite is speculation with little evidence we don't know if any remaining employees are involved or not (and in that case their identity and whether they have changed their way).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-08-03 at 09:16 PM.

Blizzard should tell these idiots to kick rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Words cannot describe how horrendously disappointed that I am, after reading the allegations, subsequent responses, subsequent answers to said responses... I am an IT professional, albeit not a developer, however I looked up these Blizzard folks (lead developers, executives, etc.) as a collective group of mentors and for career guidance my entire professional life. To read these statements is such a gut punch... I call bull sh!t on Greg's response, and BS on the rest of the executives. This is capitalism at its worst. Group together a bunch of sexually inexperienced geeks, making 6+ figures and this is the behavior that you get. Need to look no further than the finance industry, which thanks to the likes of Hollywood films like 'Wolf of Wall Street', has exposed the behavior that occurs there. I can only imagine from those that have come forward with their statements that this is entirely similar. Gut wrenching.

With regard to Greg's tweet, time will tell if he is as equally pliant when investigators tap him for testimony. IF he is cooperative, perhaps his missed chance at reporting abuse can be forgiven-- i think not though. He has a good thing going with RIOT games and has a large following. In order for him to move forward in the realm of righteousness i am assuming he will have to provide testimony that is indemnifying of other gaming magnates.

On a more retrospective note, there are N+1 memes that have been floating around about MMO character females sporting WAYYY less armor (an more revealing) than male characters, for years prior to this horrible work environment coming to light. Is anyone TRULY surprised by this news? 6 figure earning gaming developers promote that type of appeal to a predominately male audience and then we are all shocked when their workplace is found to be a "locker room" culture? are we really shocked? I think not...

As many commenters have already said... Bliz -- please do better.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's great that you willingly admit it!

I mean, Faux "News" is literally using nazi propaganda from WW2. If that isn't racist, then what is?