Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Good riddance. Are there any original Blizzard people left?
    yes, lots of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Bit dumbfounded with all the requests for Ion's head on this thread, since he has nothing to do with the big scandals and is probably one of the guys holding WoW together, and apart from some minor issues, Shadowlands has been great. 9.1 is great as far as end game goes. So yea, stop asking for his head, i'd say.
    The game has gone to shit under his direction.

Edit: He's a good raid designer though.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-08-03 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The game has gone to shit under his direction.
    ...and?

A tree falls in the forest. Time to fire Ion?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, lots of them.
    People who have worked there for a long time =/= originals

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Blizzard's internal bullshit shouldn't be my concern as an active paying subscriber. Part of the transaction wasn't "we're not working on the game you pay a monthly subscription for until we fix our shit"

I'm all for them fixing their shit, but if it means that the customer is sidelined then make subs free while no development is being done.
    Hate to break it to you but your not paying a subscription for the promise of future development of WoW. Your paying to access the game as it is. And last I checked they didn't take down the servers so you are entirely getting what you payed for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think a lot of players are afraid that activision will use this scandal to make blizzard a completely soulless cash grab company.
    Pretty sure those people are already constantly telling that happened and that is why all the guard is gone. So which is it? Is Blizzard already a soulless cash grab company and that is why SL is so bad or will it only become a soulless cash grab company after this? And does that mean SL is back to being good for the moment?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Nothing will change. I don't think any of those people has real impact on the studio itself, with Activision pulling the strings.
    To me it's just a token change, trying to show that they're doing *something*
    Again, Activision DOES NOT pull the strings. Activison and Blizzard are two separate companies under one holding company, Activision-Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzards inner problems isn't our problem. As consumers we just want our product. I don't think any other industry coddles its employees with "they worked sooooo hard.. stop saying product bad!" than gaming. Its honesty pathetic.
    Right, so why are you in a thread about the inner problems of Blizzard and how the President has resign over said inner problems wanting to talk about what are not the inner problems?

There are 1001 other threads about the product being bad for you to complain in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You do realise his influence is most likely already a part of 10.0. Even if they would kick him out now.
    Don't bother, people blaming everything on one staff member have closed minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Ion owns Shittylands. Remove him well before 10.0 and the next expansion.

And no more god-damned "systems"
    Lol, 10.0 is in production at least since 9.0 dropped. Do you seriously think replacing Ion now would have any effect on the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ...and?

A tree falls in the forest. Time to fire Ion?
    If I was suggesting he be fired for the poor quality of food in the canteen you might have a point. But as I wasn't doing anything like that I do wonder what point you thought you were making.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But it's not hypocrisy to have personal priorities and it most definitely not that just because people care about the state of the game they are also, and equally, saying ''fuck women who are victims of sexual abuse/harassment". I mean my God for real?

It is beyond absurd to try and connect the two sentiments as such and it says more about the person trying to equate the two than it does anybody else here.
    People are literally complaining that JAB's departure won't change the direction of WoW. In what way is that statement, in light of the internal issues that forced his resignation, not a direct insult to the people at Blizzard that suffered from harassment and discrimination?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    If I was suggesting he be fired for the poor quality of food in the canteen you might have a point. But as I wasn't doing anything like that I do wonder what point you thought you were making.
    His point is that the thread about JAB's departure in light of Blizzards harassment and discrimination of women is probably not the place to demand changes to WoW's development. Any of the other 1001 threads about the state of WoW are a much better place for that.

Scapegoat, more heads need to roll
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    because they've never loved a woman let alone be genuine friends with and probably lay with and start a family with one.
    Not only do i not see the kind of posts you re the other person are talking about in this thread - let alone it being 50% of the thread. But you guys aregiving off a heavy incel aura for sure

On topic:

Hopefully these two new people can make a good change in the work enviroment at Blizzard. I'm afraid that these last years of shitty wow content coupled with this current situation has turned people way off blizzard though. Some restructuring of the wow team would probably not be a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, Activision DOES NOT pull the strings. Activison and Blizzard are two separate companies under one holding company, Activision-Blizzard.
    CEO of Activision-Blizzard = Bobby Kotick
    Bobby Kotick had bought Activision, was the CEO of Activision and led the merger with Blizzard. Then he jumped up higher to CEO of Activision-Blizzard.

I treat Activision and Activision-Blizzard as the same thing, because both belong to the same guy.
    Are you really trying to say he has nothing to say in Blizzard?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me, his seemingly very lax stance on these allegations, despite knowledge of that behavior, was likely the deathblow.
    He either had to clean house after he took over or adopt a more hardline stance, but simply continuing and hope it never blows up was a downright stupid gamble.

Hopefully, the new leadership takes allegations more serious and doesn't give people a free pass because of seniority.

Second, I believe that Brack was the right President for all the wrong reasons, no one better embodied the Developer / Player relation better than Mr. "You think you do, but you don't".
    Also on that front, i hope the new leadership establishes a better culture than the continuation of "Fuck you, we're Blizzard, we know what's best".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-03 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People are literally complaining that JAB's departure won't change the direction of WoW. In what way is that statement, in light of the internal issues that forced his resignation, not a direct insult to the people at Blizzard that suffered from harassment and discrimination?

- - - Updated - - -

His point is that the thread about JAB's departure in light of Blizzards harassment and discrimination of women is probably not the place to demand changes to WoW's development. Any of the other 1001 threads about the state of WoW are a much better place for that.
    I don't really think it's offtopic to talk about renewal at Blizzard at this current time...

Edit: Anyway, if Kotick wanted him gone he'd be gone. But he's not, so.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-08-03 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    WoW won't change until Ion is replaced
    Ion is nothing but the Guy on the Front so you have someone to Hate. He does not decide. He is Part of the Problem but simply switching him wont change anything

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Nobody should be surprised.

Dont think he left because 'he wanted to step down' either - its more likely because hes concluded (or been told by laywers) theres simply too much tangible evidence pointing towards 'he knew - and was part of the problem'. Pictures, emails, employee 1st hand stories etc. Despite his statement about hating frat-bro culture, which people immediately started poking holes in.... from his actions in years past.

His Lawyer probably said you should get the hell out now, before all this shit gets discovered/aired out in public and makes you (and the company) look even worse.
    Don't agree at all. He stepped down because Bliz told him they wanted him gone but would let him say he stepped down while accepting some sort of financial package rather than being fired. Many of us already predicted that it would happen exactly in this way a week or so ago.

Fran needs to go. How shes acted is unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Don't bother, people blaming everything on one staff member have closed minds.
    Obviously. Before Ion it was GC and holinka people CONSTANTLY blamed. If Ion would go away everyone would just instantly jump on the brainless bandwagon to blame his successor.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..