Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Introverts (read gamers) tend to have certain personalities that make them rather unpleasant to be around.
    There are tons of extroverts who are unpleasant to be around. It's almost as if this introvert/extrovert thing has no bearing on whether someone is a power-abusing, sexually-harassing asshole or not, shocking I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Lumping all introverts in with these cunts is horseshit.
    Not to mention, who ever said that these assholes are introverts? One obvious troll said it (without any reasoning/justification) and some people are just going along with it like gospel.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    One could absolutely say the same thing about "obnoxious extroverts" and it would be equally silly, since that's such a large and diverse a group that you can't say anything meaningful/specific about them given the diversity that exists within both.
    Deffo, frat houses have a reputation for a reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The correct move is to hire new people that are extroverted, that actually like people.
    The only correct move for a company that makes games is to hire people who are good at making games. This should be the primary and secondary criteria. And tertiary too. Everything else should come well after

10+ Year Old Account
    Introverts (read gamers) tend to have certain personalities that make them rather unpleasant to be around. I agree with that person I am not surprised it happened. Obvi the fault is within the company as a whole and the people in charge but when a certain type of people gather its not surprising is all I am saying
    I guess that's just you outing yourself as an introvert then, based on the description you provided?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Lumping all introverts in with these cunts is horseshit.
    Agreed. If I seem unpleasant irl it's because I'm telling you how I really feel and tossed out any diplomacy while doing so.

Lol is that guy actually trying to determine behavior on a company wide scale based on some loose buzzword definition of "introvert"?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The only correct move for a company that makes games is to hire people who are good at making games. This should be the primary and secondary criteria. And tertiary too. Everything else should come well after
    Sort of, but I would say people who are good at the work they are supposed to do at the company, and working with the rest of the staff as well.

Modern large companies often have so many specialized skills, so everyone at blizzard isn't just "making games" - instead they have people who do model design, cinematics, marketing, server infrastructure, etc and they don't need to be good at making games at all. And in a 1,000+ company it is necessary that they can do the work together with their co-workers as well.

Personality matters a bit, but introverts and extroverts can both be good (somewhat depending on their role); co-worker-harassers less so.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-08-03 at 06:14 PM.

Welp, Robert Mueller is a partner at WilmerHale: https://www.ign.com/articles/activis...otick-law-firm

For real: https://www.wilmerhale.com/en/people/robert-mueller

I feel like so many parts of my life just collapsed in on themselves like a dying star.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    The only correct move for a company that makes games is to hire people who are good at making games.
    This is not mutually exclusive with a diverse workplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe taking the fun out of making video games wasn't such a bad idea. All you fuckers who were screeching about it are complicit in upholding Blizzard's frat boy culture.

Introverts (read gamers) tend to have certain personalities that make them rather unpleasant to be around. I agree with that person I am not surprised it happened. Obvi the fault is within the company as a whole and the people in charge but when a certain type of people gather its not surprising is all I am saying
    All I see is projection here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    There are tons of extroverts who are unpleasant to be around. It's almost as if this introvert/extrovert thing has no bearing on whether someone is a power-abusing, sexually-harassing asshole or not, shocking I know.
    Exactly. People really don't know what introverts and extroverts even are.

Here's the main difference:

Introverts recharge their batteries by being alone. They get tired by being with other people (note that this doesn't mean they don't like being with other people. Don't mistake introversion with shyness).

Extroverts recharge their batteries by being with other people. They get tired by being alone.

That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    After looking at the above posting, I now have the thought that WoW is not a Solo Player/Group Content game. It might just be an Introvert/Extrovert type of game. As to what type of person sexually bothers someone, I don't think that there is a parallel to a specific type. It's more like a mental condition (resisted the urge to type "defect") of someone trying to assume situational power. Meanwhile, it's time to go check the Blizz Store to see if they have the new Dead Horse mount available yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Head of HR at Blizzard is out after Axios dropped an article earlier today describing such gems as:

Another current employee with the company for over five years tells Axios that after she was physically assaulted by one employee, her report to HR was met with instant skepticism.
    - "One of the things [the HR rep] commented on was that she was surprised I wasn't crying or I wasn't more hysterical."
    - Furthermore, the source says, there were no measures put in place to protect her at work. Instead, Blizzard encouraged her to work from home or switch departments, a move she says felt more like punishment.
    - When she spoke to HR again, however, a representative told her, "He's really sorry and he really wants to work at Blizzard. And he says that you were really friendly with him."
    I believe this is what Fran Townsend would refer to as "enhanced team building".
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Head of HR at Blizzard is out after Axios dropped an article earlier today describing such gems as:

I believe this is what Fran Townsend would refer to as "enhanced team building".
    This only shows how unprotected workers are if they could be thrown away this easily just because of allegations

10+ Year Old Account
    This only shows how unprotected workers are if they could be thrown away this easily just because of allegations
    If you'd actually read the link you'd know they resigned and were not "thrown away".

Also: HR are not "workers". They represent the employer's interests.

who exactly was Alex Afrasiabi to Blizzard? He seemed important enough to have so many references and easter eggs to him in-game. Is he one of the main reasons WoW exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    If you'd actually read the link you'd know they resigned and were not "thrown away".

Also: HR are not "workers". They represent the employer's interests.
    Well, the people working at HR are also workers. It doesn't mean that they cannot misbehave or that they don't look out for the employer's interest, just that they are also workers that can be mistreated.

When you see high turnover at a department that is generally an indication of a problem; also for the HR-department as in this case.
    Replacing the head of the department seems like a good move in this case, we will see if it fixes the problem.

Similarly a union can be good, but there can also be bad apples in the union - and the union isn't only looking out for the employees - but also for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    who exactly was Alex Afrasiabi to Blizzard? He seemed important enough to have so many references and easter eggs to him in-game. Is he one of the main reasons WoW exists?
    He was an early, likely somewhat narcissistic, developer of WoW; so I just assumed that he added the references himself (or possibly jointly with Jeff Kaplan that share some references).

I don't know if anyone has actually confirmed that.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    He was one of the Blizzard Old Boys who went round pushing his weight around juniors and harassing female colleagues. HR did not dare to touch him due to his influence and seniority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

I wonder if Brack had a big buy out. I know its shocking but it's actually highly profitable to get fired as a CEO. Even more so usually when you "step down" on your "own accord". I had a CEO at my current company get fired, errr, step down "for what's best for the company" after he got caught cooking the books, AND, during the investigation into that got caught beating off to employee pictures while drinking whiskey from the bottle at the office during working hours. Yes, it was on camera and yes some employees witnessed it first.. hand.

For his sorry ass proformance and unbecoming sexual activity at work while intoxicated his punishment was a 9.2 million dollar buy out, legal fees covered, charges dropped, records sealed, and within 9 months of departure he was sitting in another CEO chair 3 states over at a very simular company.