Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't mind fresh faces at all in that leading position purely from a game perspective.

The old stagnated.

I think the basic thing most here can agree on is the game is in a worse state than it could be. It was not improving under JAB for 2-3 years now. It may not under these two either, WoW could just be fundamentally flawed without 2.0 at this point, but at least there is now the potential of a better game with different heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I don't mind fresh faces at all in that leading position purely from a game perspective.

The old stagnated.
    And were pretty incompetent to begin with. I mean, no wonder the issues at Blizzard when they allowed guys to basically engage in one big fratboy party during their working hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    How is it healthy skepticism when literally their workforce is going apeshit and out for blood due to the working conditions at the company?
    Right now the company's bleeding, and the sharks have come out together with those who have legitimate grievances.
    Don't be naive in believing that everyone at the company "going apeshit" is doing it out of having suffered genuine abuse and not also opportunism and seeing a chance for profit.

Thats being a contrarian because you are an anti-feminist being pissed because the wokes and all the stacys who won't date antisocial creeps speak out against dudebros fulfilling their personal power fantasy.
    My policy is to not believe victims until victimhood is proved. Just like a judge would do. That's the correct response.
    I wish nothing but the worst for Blizzard on a personal level, but naturally siding with whoever has the worst sob story is a surefire way to get conned.

I mean, back in highschool when you had the french or russian revolution, were you as skeptical on whether or not the conditions were really that bad when you read about how people started to raise up and revolt over bad conditions and policies?
    No, because we had decades and countless historians working at sorting that out and discerning the truth. So far all we have is a lawsuit from California.
    See the difference?
    Again, you should apply some healthy skepticism instead of jumping on anybody's bandwagon without applying your own thinking first.

How long was Jen Oneal head of VV for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

The old stagnated.
    It seems to me that their main thrust to begin with is to determine a few things:

1. How to fix the culture there. Since they're new they have a better shot at it than anyone that's been there for years.
    2. Why Blizzard isn't executing on their business: the creation of video games. No new IP's for years. Retreads mostly.
    3. Quiet things down and handle the lawsuit.

That's enough to be honest. No one should think that they're going to be doing anything with the design of games. If they're successful they will create a more professional environment with happier employees and then there's a chance that the quality of the work will rise.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Seeing the replies here makes me sick. Especially everyone defending sexual abuse by calling anyone who dont want it "woke". Im going to redirect mmo-champion to 127.0.0.1 until you trump and putin lovers (you know who you are) go to hell. Good riddance.
    That's not why people are calling you "woke". They call you woke because if there is any talk other than "replace men with JUST women and POC" you're a trump and putin lover. Looks like your brain is already in a loopback, you seem grumpy, maybe switch to a body wash for sensitive skin.

No CEO no President just 2 Co Leaders. Activision has fully taken over Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Innocent until proven guilty only applies to the court system.
    What a disheartening thought. You've got it completely backwards.
    "Innocent until proven guilty" is an enlightenment and humanitarian doctrine that took ages to be formulated and then got translated into the courts, but is in no way limited to them, it also applies (or should apply) to common interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Right now the company's bleeding, and the sharks have come out together with those who have legitimate grievances.
    Don't be naive in believing that everyone at the company "going apeshit" is doing it out of having suffered genuine abuse and not also opportunism and seeing a chance for profit.

My policy is to not believe victims until victimhood is proved. Just like a judge would do. That's the correct response.
    I wish nothing but the worst for Blizzard on a personal level, but naturally siding with whoever has the worst sob story is a surefire way to get conned.

No, because we had decades and countless historians working at sorting that out and discerning the truth. So far all we have is a lawsuit from California.
    See the difference?
    Again, you should apply some healthy skepticism instead of jumping on anybody's bandwagon without applying your own thinking first.
    did your skepticism ever got you a girlfriend irl? I'm serious here, you gamergate incels only seem to be that emotional whenever men are accused of rape, sexual harassment or abuse. Down in offtopic, I never see your kind of people being that skeptical when it comes to topics like police brutality. And no surprise, I just noticed you are a sockpuppet account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    I think the basic thing most here can agree on is the game is in a worse state than it could be. It was not improving under JAB for 2-3 years now. It may not under these two either, WoW could just be fundamentally flawed without 2.0 at this point, but at least there is now the potential of a better game with different heads.
    Why? They are not designers. They will have little or nothing to do with game design. That might be better in fact. If Brack couldn't completely relinquish his role as a producer then it would make some sense that he couldn't be bothered with stuff like running the studio within the bounds of the law, etc.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    More like J. Allen Sacked amirite? lmao, help me.
    It does say jeep, but it should say beep (press beep!) AmI right? ...

I need friends

See the difference?
    You know they have already completed a 2 year investigation, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I think I found the reason why all your classmates in highschool are married, have kids and smile on pictures and you not.
    Funny, I don't know you. I have a wife, 2 kids and a career I am sure most do not. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So JAB gets the cut as the scapegoat for all this and they promote the next two Activision puppets to co-lead the company. Granted you're not going to see many tears shed for Brack after all the dumb shit that's happened while he was the head of Blizzard but I don't think it's fair that he is effectively going to end up blamed for all of this.

Oh well, people will be placated by the fact that one of the new leaders is a woman and has only been a part of the Blizzard division for six months ("look at how quickly they're promoting women now guise!" (despite working as a head for VV for who knows how long which has just been another arm of Activision since 2005)) while ignoring the Battle.net guy all while Activision takes the reins as they do their 'audit' while hunting down all the employees who are part of that new ABK alliance thing and privately have 'HR' discussions about their futures, they'll probably 'let go' of the most 'passionate' members under some clause or something, promise they've done a deep cleanse at the end of it and removed all the 'problems' while putting Blizzard on notice before getting to try and win the court case by pinning as much of it's complaints on people who are no longer hired/making the case Blizzard has changed and then hoping everything has quieted down publicly and that Blizzard shuts up and prints some money.

That or Blizzard might get some restructuring for all we know.

Can Ion get fired for leading terrible xpacs, or do we have to wait for him to assault an employee first?

What a disheartening thought. You've got it completely backwards.
    "Innocent until proven guilty" is an enlightenment and humanitarian doctrine that took ages to be formulated and then got translated into the courts, but is in no way limited to them, it also applies (or should apply) to common interactions.
    Yeah, I don't believe you believe in that one. You are pissed because what happened at Blizzard is your power fantasy for your lonely nights. You love the idea of giving those femoids "what they deserve" for rejecting you and only dating Chads, never having noticed that you are toxic while those Chads, guess what, they probably are nice and wonderful young men to have arround.

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Look like you are product of 21 century. Pathetic.
    lol. I am close to 50. This has absolutely nothing to do with cancel culture or anything like that. It has to do with one already having been fired for being a jack*** who harassed his coworkers and Brack being accountable in part for all of it going on for so long and the Bliz hr dept doing absolutely nothing to stop it. Many others in Bliz also should get the axe if they really want to change the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    Funny, I don't know you. I have a wife, 2 kids and a career I am sure most do not. Try again.
    Yeah, nobody believes you.

Isn't that just a hoax created by hyper sensible special snowflake anti-sjws and gamergate incels?

So basically your answer boils down to being hyper sensitive and having trouble finding a girlfriend.
    no she literally said those things on twitter.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn