Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Expansions are incredibly content sparse now. Not even 10 hours of questing content, and once you reach level cap there are no more story quests to do. What little story content is left is heavily timegated.
    • The game is now raid or die. There is nothing to do at max level besides the latest raid. In order to do the latest raid, you need to be doing three hours of chores every day, first doing your world quest (shitty replacement for MoP's dailies, except without the interesting storylines), then you have to do your Mythic+ dungeon runs (basically challenge mode/time attack but with Diablo 3 affixes), and then you have to do Chorghast and grind different resources. Then you can raid.
    • Story is shit
    • Music isn't as good as it used to be. IIRC Russell Brower no longer composes for WoW anymore.
    • It took 7 months for Shadowlands to get its first patch, and it was one of the most content light patches in the game's history since the infamous 6.1, and was rushed out in an incomplete state. It's been 20 months since Covid started and Blizzard still can't figure out how to develop content. On top of that, apparently development of WoW has ceased for the time being, so there may very well be no patch 9.2 until Spring 2022. Who knows if a 9.3 will even happen.
    • The devs continue to insult their paying customers.

So yeah, people are fed up, especially when there is an alternative game that delivers patches once every 3.5 months, doesn't really on the playerbase as unpaid beta testers and push out unfinished buggy patches, the devs actually respect their playerbase, has good music, story is good, etc.
    i cant even big to write out how wrong you are on so many points.....a lot of what you are saying is so skewered that it is clear your bias towards the company is flooding out, and your subjective opinion being masqueraded as fact. "music isn't good" and "story is shit" are just opinions.....you should explain why you feel that way instead of pushing it as a fact
    this post could do with an Edit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think a lot of this is BS to be honest.

1. Expansions aren't any more content sparse now than they used to be though the unfortunate issue of SL is that with the 4 covenants a lot of work is kinda wasted because a lot of people won't get to see all the stuff they put in and you can only play 1 covenant per char anyways. I think the talk of "nothing to do" is insanely exaggerated though because expansions like Wotlk or Cata didn't have a story at max level and even though something like the covenant campaign is time gated, it's something as opposed to nothing.
    I'm not gonna debate most of this since Val's post is just the usual Game VS Game stuff dressed up as "what's going on with WoW right now."

I will say this is just patently false though. In every category you can say WoW has less content now than it did pre-WoD. A drip feed of story at a rate of 1-2 quests a week, most of which is just filler leading to a letdown-at-best outright war-crimes-justification-at-worst cutscene 2 months later doesn't make for "more content."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Here's my perspective on the game. It's relevant to take into account social context:

There is currently a war for people's minds going on. The war is fought over the popular vote, but the vote doesn't happen at the ballot box. The ballot box is already taken. Each person votes for us to lose this war if you wear the mask or take the injection.

A lot of people don't understand this, including people in the game. Being in the presence of people who don't understand this right now is very frustrating, as it's like being surrounded by a bunch of gleeful totalitarians before everyone starts to die left and right in WWII.

Therefore, for me, a guild right now is not an option. I enjoy the world content in Korthia that's fun to do, and I can do it every day, alone. I enjoy M+ dungeons which I can do with my wife in random PUGs. Completing four M+15 a week gives me two loot boxes with item level 252 gear, which will get me to full gear in due time.

I don't care so much for raiding right now, first because it requires the social element which is horrible, and second because I'm too busy checking what's going on in the world, how everyone is dying left and right, and the gaslighting and manipulation that's going on.

The game is a pastime right now. WoW is a fun pastime. I think the story is cool. I think the time-gating is fine. The most significant problem I can identify is that there's major lag in Korthia when people are killing the world boss in a zone nearby.

I think Blizzard could spend a lot less time navel-gazing over their imagined sex scandals. If you have 5,000 employees, things are gonna go down. It doesn't help them that they live in California, which is an insane state where it's possible that 2/3 of the inhabitants will die.
    What in the fuck are you talking about? You sound like the type of person who has to shit in a hole in the ground outside of his house.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm not gonna debate most of this since Val's post is just the usual Game VS Game stuff dressed up as "what's going on with WoW right now."

I will say this is just patently false though. In every category you can say WoW has less content now than it did pre-WoD. A drip feed of story at a rate of 1-2 quests a week, most of which is just filler leading to a letdown-at-best outright war-crimes-justification-at-worst cutscene 2 months later doesn't make for "more content."
    Could you imagine how much more people would complain if we didn't get an hour of story quests weekly though? Some older expansions had more quests by the virtue of having more zones (so naturally you get more quests) but for the majority of them there were zero story quests at max level in between patches where maybe you got a new quest chain to do.

Retail is hot garbage right now, at the release of SL I had high hopes leveling was fast and they promised 2H frost and that it would be good. Turns out Frost paled in comparison to UH so I hated it from the get go. I played for a month or 3 I think and unsubbed. I came back because TBCC released and am currently having a blast playing TBCC and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Huge fan of having to pay 250k gold to another player for the current legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Huge fan of having to pay 250k gold to another player for the current legendary.
    Do you like it more or less than praying to RNG jesus you get a legendary drop out of nowhere and that it's the one you need or otherwise you'll be screwed for months as there's an invisible cap on how many you can get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit/WoW is Dead" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead