Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They're in it for "purely okay games."

Good games take too much to make, bad games don't sell.
    I don't really agree there either. It's normal in cynical echo chambers like these forums for everybody to unilaterally agree that everything Blizzard does sucks but despite the negativity around here I doubt most normal gamers (ie, the overwhelming majority of the people buying the games) spend a whole lot of time thinking about it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Blizzard's stock is rising after the market closed.
    Market expects that, like with Riot and Ubisoft before them, these few token moves will be enough to pacify players and then the company can quietly start moving the rabble rousers to "unannounced projects" and then let them go from there until this is forgotten about.

It's just glad there's no delays coming out of this.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If the company isn't producing "good games," it isn't profitable.
    Not sure I agree. Blizzard has demonstrated that the game doesn't have to be 'good' to make bank. It just has to be psychologically addictive enough to retain whales who buy MTX.

Also they are relying heavily on nostalgia.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-08-03 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Did the guy just said Blizzard is great on INNOVATION and the reason why they are famous?
    WTF
    Thats quite literally the worse thing Blizzard is good at
    They're innovative in cultivating the shittiest gaming community that exists on the internet. Gotta give 'em props for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really agree there either. It's normal in cynical echo chambers like these forums for everybody to unilaterally agree that everything Blizzard does sucks but despite the negativity around here I doubt most normal gamers (ie, the overwhelming majority of the people buying the games) spend a whole lot of time thinking about it.
    I'd say it's less echo chamber and more "The EA Effect."

Everyone knows the best way to make money is to produce cheap, samey games year in and year out and load them up with lootbox gambling. See every FPS, every MOBA, every Sports Game...

They're in it for "purely okay games."

Good games take too much to make, bad games don't sell.

- - - Updated - - -

I buy it considering Activision is basically pretending this isn't happening, and Blizzard doesn't have any hard launch windows on anything right now.

Is WoW going to be hit with delays? Probably.

Is it worth Activision commenting on it? No, honestly. Because it's not Warzone, or Overwatch 2.
    D2R does, but otherwise you're correct. It's also entirely possible that, outside of the WoW team, there really won't be any delays or impact to production. We'll see. It certainly sounds like they think they'll have multiple titles released within the next year.
    Last edited by Randris; 2021-08-03 at 09:20 PM.

I mean they have Diablo Immortal and Diablo II Resurrected launch this year. Sure, both of which are just a pointless mobile game and another remaster of an old game, but it’s something. Nothing an AAA studio like Blizzard should be proud of, but it’s something. Their last original release was Overwatch in 2015. Six years where they delivered only rehashed old games or less than stellar expansions for their games. That’s a pretty bad track record.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean they have Diablo Immortal and Diablo II Resurrected launch this year. Sure, both of which are just a pointless mobile game and another remaster of an old game, but it’s something. Nothing an AAA studio like Blizzard should be proud of, but it’s something. Their last original release was Overwatch in 2015. Six years where they delivered only rehashed old games or less than stellar expansions for their games. That’s a pretty bad track record.
    Actually, saw this on Twitter, Diablo Immortal got delayed to 2022.

So I guess either Activision doesn't even consider DI worth talking about anymore, or they lied about no delays.

They're innovative in cultivating the shittiest gaming community that exists on the internet. Gotta give 'em props for that.
    The League of Legends 'community' is worse by orders of magnitude.

I /hope/ we'll see 9.2 before 2022. Next week the campaign ends we'll have only what, X amount of weeks till reknown capped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard agree on the first part. Hard disagree on the second part. If the company isn't producing "good games," it isn't profitable.
    Game doesn't need to be good as long as it has few strong whaling mechanics that bring in the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I /hope/ we'll see 9.2 before 2022. Next week the campaign ends we'll have only what, X amount of weeks till reknown capped?
    The "WoW always tries to steal XIV's thunder" says December at the latest.

The "normal time between patches" says probably January.

My "most likely nightmare scenario" says PTR in November launch in February.

Actually, saw this on Twitter, Diablo Immortal got delayed to 2022.

So I guess either Activision doesn't even consider DI worth talking about anymore, or they lied about no delays.
    Ah, the delay must be new then. Diablo Immortal and Diablo II Resurrected were the only planned big releases for Blizzard this year besides TBC Classic. Interesting that they delayed Immortal again, which was announced on Blizzcon 2018. Just imagine this, it was their main selling point of Blizzcon 2018 and they’re not even able to launch a mobile game three years later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has 3 or 4 years to fix wow or I'm done. Modern wow is fun in short bursts, but I get bored easily. I'm playing tbc, and plan on playing wrath. After that if the modern game isn't good I'll probably bounce. Most likely to AoC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Blizzard has 3 or 4 years to fix wow or I'm done. Modern wow is fun in short bursts, but I get bored easily. I'm playing tbc, and plan on playing wrath. After that if the modern game isn't good I'll probably bounce. Most likely to AoC.
    3 or 4 years? Bold. That's two entire expansions to muck it up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Game doesn't need to be good as long as it has few strong whaling mechanics that bring in the money.
    Yes Alex, I'll take "completely unsubstantiated guesses supported only by wanton wholly unjustified cynicism," for $1,000 please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The League of Legends 'community' is worse by orders of magnitude.
    You can at least discuss League of Legends, the game, with people within the community. WoW's community has devolved into a dick measuring contest of who can express their distaste for the current state of the game in the most colorful language.

My guess it's creative wordplay.

Raw revenue is down, but because of their extreme cost-cutting measures the "operating income" is up.

Disclaimer I'm not an accountant, this is just a best guess.
    Bro i just figured it out We got bamboozled

From my understanding...what "grew" was "NET BOOKINGS"
    And you know what "net bookings" is? Is the amount of products and services "sold"

Is NOT money...is the quantity of products and paid services etc

Because in terms of money...they made less money ALL AROUND. From the previous image i posted.

This is my understanding at least (>_<) someone correct me if wrong

This is was Blizzard considers Net Bookings:
    Last edited by Roanda; 2021-08-03 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    A community is a reflection of its leader.
    Right, it's a real shame most of WoW's leaders are low effort content creators farming views on YouTube by creating hundreds of negative videos about the game. Why bother forming your own opinion when you can tune into Bellular's weekly roundtable on reasons Blizzard sucks (and why FFXIV rules).

Right, it's a real shame most of WoW's leaders are low effort content creators farming views on YouTube by creating hundreds of negative videos about the game. Why bother forming your own opinion when you can tune into Bellular's weekly roundtable on reasons Blizzard sucks (and why FFXIV rules).
    You were talking about echo chambers, but it seems like you’re sitting in one, too.

It’s not Bellular alone, basically every major WoW streamer is critical about the game and negative about the direction Shadowlands is taking.

I guess when most of your poster boys and girls on YouTube are producing negative videos about your product, your product sucks and not the ones posting negative videos about it.

ITT: Wild speculation based off of incomplete information. Highlights to include: "Classic is carrying retail," "subscribers are down to all-time lows," any mention of the word "whales," and a general aura of negative cynicism thick enough to blot out the sun.
    And nothing to contradict it.