Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Looking forward to laughing when everyone misses Ion just like everyone missed Ghostcrawler after he left.

Ion isn't the problem.
    Ion as far as we all know isn't involved, or at least not directly, with the issues contained in the lawsuit.

However, Ion, as director of WoW, is in the spotlight for potential sinking profits as players abandon his game. This was a potential problem before the lawsuit was filed, and the droves of unsubbing players only tipped the balance more. Not all people leaving - including high profile streamers - are going from just the lawsuit. The quality of the game is the issue, or the lack of quality to be specific.

Ion might also have been protected by J Allen, as they worked together for years, with J Allen being the producer. (People are saying "But J Allen wasn't the CEO when all the drunken groping was being done by Team 2!" - ah, but he was the producer for that very team. But that's another issue not directly connected to this one) Team 2 is under the spotlight right now. Ion leads it.

Ion's nominal boss is Jon Hite. Neither may have allies with the new CEOs. They may disagree with you in the future that Ion isn't the problem.

If I were Ion right now, and I say this without having anything against him personally, I'd be sweating this more than a little bit.

Expect more Tony Hawk'esq games.

Since January and is entering a ceo poisition for a video game company? yeah I'm sure she wont chase short term growth at all....

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Rumor. It was rumored her picture was maybe spread at a company event. the only reality we know from that situation was she was sleeping with her boss and she killed herself because of something related to that. that's the real evidence.
    Where’s the proof she was sleeping with her boss because apparently multiple people knew about the spreading of nudes but the only thing about the boss that’s openly mentioned is how she was on a business trip with him when she killed herself

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    Blizzard needed new leadership. This mess that happened maybe the turning point to a positive direction.
    I don't even know why posters on here are resisting it so much. All of the change in management absolutely had to happen. Having a better work environment should only help the company in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Thank you for being honest, I know I didn't.

You are the one saying it for everybody creating false correlations because reasons.
    Why are you worried about women at blizz who just got a few hands touching them
    Except that you did say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Ion as far as we all know isn't involved, or at least not directly, with the issues contained in the lawsuit.

However, Ion, as director of WoW, is in the spotlight for potential sinking profits as players abandon his game. This was a potential problem before the lawsuit was filed, and the droves of unsubbing players only tipped the balance more. Not all people leaving - including high profile streamers - are going from just the lawsuit. The quality of the game is the issue, or the lack of quality to be specific.

Ion might also have been protected by J Allen, as they worked together for years, with J Allen being the producer. (People are saying "But J Allen wasn't the CEO when all the drunken groping was being done by Team 2!" - ah, but he was the producer for that very team. But that's another issue not directly connected to this one) Team 2 is under the spotlight right now. Ion leads it.

Ion's nominal boss is Jon Hite. Neither may have allies with the new CEOs. They may disagree with you in the future that Ion isn't the problem.

If I were Ion right now, and I say this without having anything against him personally, I'd be sweating this more than a little bit.
    It’s important to know that ion doesn’t have much to say about the game either
    He’s given goals
    He’s then told what is and is not allowed
    Heck he can’t even be interviewed by people that aren’t approved by his higher ups for optics
    He’s a puppet

Except you are misquoting me and destroying all context, again because reasons? Either you completely missed my point and it went right over your head because you are intellectually challenged.

Or you know exactly what I was saying when I called you out and you are being intellectually dishonest. Either way you have proven a waste of my time and I won't reply to an obvious bad faith poster anymore.

You want to declare that because people continue to be invested in the state of World of Warcraft then they automatically hate women and want them sexually harassed and beaten? You're a loon.
    I haven’t once said people shouldn’t be invested in the game and you did say it.

It’s possible to be invested in the game and care about how blizzard employees are treated.

Why are you worried about women at blizz who just got a few hands touching them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It's a lead on the Diablo team and a lead on the Battle.net team taking the reins...
    Hopes are low.
    Vicarious Visions has only been part of Blizzard since late 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's just typical MMO-C. The website is full of scum, not unlike the scum Blizzard is now known for.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Imagine caring about what others do with their money.
    Imagine thinking that I "cared". I just think that it is laughable that people still play on the hamster wheel is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect
    Pretty sure that when you put 2 and 2 together...you can come up with the fact that she is a token promotion. She just got to the company, she said that she has NEVER seen any sexual harassment at blizzard as she tries to shill for the company. Shortly after they fire Brack and replace him with her.
    It's to make people like you think that changes are going to happen at blizzard. And they aren't.
    The game will still be bad...if anything it will only get even worse from here as well.
    Once this all blows over and people move on to the next thing to be offended over....things will go right back to how they were before in the office.

Nobody said that a woman can't "be a leader". But anyone that can connect the woke dots here can see what this corporation is trying to pull.
    Wokeness in the West from these corporate shills....but none of it anywhere else. Why? Because it won't make money anywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just typical MMO-C. The website is full of scum, not unlike the scum Blizzard is now known for.
    Pot...meet kettle?

Scum, and people attacking each other over personal vendettas like what's going right now.

I've gotten really good at skipping certain names. I only have one person on my ignore list, because I generally don't like that kind of thing, but there's a couple who could change my mind if I had long term plans for posting here regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Who saw that coming a woman being promoted after a sexual harassment scandal. Hello token promotion.
    Two types of people, ladies and gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    I agree with your wish, but for a way different reason. I think, in general, two leaders/head coaches/bosses is not good practice.

Ion is no concern. The leadership might say - "you do only raids and we find somebody else to design the systems". Maybe Ion had that much of influence because of JAB.

I'm really positive about one of the new leaders, Mike Ybarra - supposedly more dedicated than 90% of the people in this thread by clearing all Mythic plus in 20(he has been linking achievements on tweet/reddit 6months prior this shitshow). Also proving that career and gaming can go hand in hand.

Who knows - but this is a really nice change moving on.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-08-03 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Pretty sure that when you put 2 and 2 together...you can come up with the fact that she is a token promotion. She just got to the company, she said that she has NEVER seen any sexual harassment at blizzard as she tries to shill for the company. Shortly after they fire Brack and replace him with her.
    It's to make people like you think that changes are going to happen at blizzard. And they aren't.
    The game will still be bad...if anything it will only get even worse from here as well.
    Once this all blows over and people move on to the next thing to be offended over....things will go right back to how they were before in the office.
    Not wanting to discuss or argue anything, just wanted to ask if you have a source for her (Jen Oneal) saying she's never seen any sexual harassment and is shilling for the company. I haven't seen anything and searched for statements from her to confirm what you said and couldn't find anything. Are you confusing her with Frances Townsend?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzunami View Post
    Anyone blaming J Allen is a complete idiot.

He was not in charge while any of this was happening.
    He was production director on WoW from 2008-2013, then a VP / Producer / Executive Producer on the WoW team until 2018 when he was promoted to President.

He was one of the people in charge on the WoW team the entire time this was happening. As a Producer / EP he was technically even above the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Two types of people, ladies and gentlemen
    It's about as predictable as the multi-day silence on the NRA twitter after every mass shooting /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    So new leads are a bland corpo guy
    At least the said "bland corpo guy" actually plays the shit out of WoW pushing keys and doing mythic raids.

It's not bad at all to have a person who's actually playing WoW be there.

It's almost like... mmo-c is not a hivemind.

WOAH

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    At least the said "bland corpo guy" actually plays the shit out of WoW pushing keys and doing mythic raids.

It's not bad at all to have a person who's actually playing WoW be there.
    Probably the reason why he got picked. They need high ups streaming the game while sipping wine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Isn't that just a hoax created by hyper sensible special snowflake anti-sjws and gamergate incels?

So basically your answer boils down to being hyper sensitive and having trouble finding a girlfriend.
    No, it's not a hoax.

I'm also gay and in a relationship with a guy, so nice job making stupid assumptions and proving that you don't actually care about discrimination. Since, y'know, when someone makes bigoted comments about men that also refers to gay men who have zero interest in pursuing women.