Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard thought they didn't but they did.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You know q2 ends june 30th and not in july where most of it took place? Including all the lawsuit things?
    People were claiming the exodus was massive in may and the next call (this one) would show it.

The ball is kicked further and further down, but hey with the lawsuit it might actually get to the goal post at some point.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-08-03 at 09:09 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Why are people continuing to support this company?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    These numbers aren't going to reflect what happened in the past couple weeks though.
    People have been claiming the exodus was ongoing months ago not just in the last few weeks.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Blizzard employee's letter is also not good.

It has woke and left agenda driven all over it, these are also the people blizzard don’t need activists that want politics and agendas seen in all of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

It has woke and left agenda driven all over it, these are also the people blizzard don’t need activists that want politics and agendas seen in all of entertainment.

Ya know, there's a lot to be said about the above statement, but I don't believe in talking to brick walls.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Lol she basically just said "after this blows over, the games will make themselves". Good luck I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Well like they say, it's because of TBCC. But both the TBCC fatigue and the streamer exodus happened only recently, within the last couple of weeks or so. So that will show on the next earning's call, if it does have an impact.
    You, like alot of people on here, like to think short term. Short term(right now) wow suffers. Streamers dont play it, everyone shittalks them for whatever and people play FFXIV thinking its "so much better than wow ever was". Makes you wonder - why didnt these people just play FFXIV long ago?

Soon enough, people are bored of FFXIV, so New World takes over for a while. Will probably get hailed first month(s), then people get bored. Suddenly, we are close to a new wow patch and more importantly - a new wow xpac. For all we know, that xpac might turn out very good. Also, the lawsuit and all that stuff will be months ago and people forget so easily.

I dont think Activison needs to worry to much about it at all. A proper 10.0 and 99% of the playerbase forget whatever happend in 2021.

10+ Year Old Account
    but but according to streamers and youtube personalities, everybody hates the game and they are losing subs despite the pandemic. Waaah reality doesn't align with their narrativeee

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats about it really. They are not growing. They are shrinking. At best the whales spending makes that an even stagnancy overall. For now. But everytime a whale leaves their only metric they can use as a positive shrinks a little.

They aren't attracting new players. They aren't keeping existing players. They are just milking the ones that have yet to leave for more money per player.

Theres a term for that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managed_decline
    It's not even that. I mean I don't want to be "that guys" who is like: This can't be true, I know they are failing cause I don't like them anymore.

But only the first two lines are actual data. The rest are guesswork, predictions and the like. Totally worthless. As proven by what happened just over the course of one month after the quarter ended.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    but but according to streamers and youtube personalities, everybody hates the game and they are losing subs despite the pandemic. Waaah reality doesn't align with their narrativeee
    Reality? As in statements by the company that hid decades of sexual abuse? That reality?

This is only going to end one way... with Bobby firing half the staff and saying "please write another letter".

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

The minute they introduced politics into it, they started chipping away at the seriousness of the complaint. Outside groups(hijackers) will take advantage of any opportunity while leaving the original cause, dead in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    They are going to need some major store sales to make up for the losses this quarter. So... incoming new TBC store mount!
    Or allowing more than one boosted character per account...including allowing BE's and Draenei to boost.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    that's because nothing really happened, streamers just like to pretend like they mean anything
    I mean they can certainly create the perception of something happening but at the end of the day if your average user is still having fun in WoW what a streamer does isn't going to change that. I certainly haven't noticed anyone in my guild or friend list leaving WoW for FFXIV. I do know one guy who plays both though.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Let's hope they fully unionize. That'll get the corporate types sweating.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Its not about having a good heart, or caring, its about money.
    I really wouldn't use a video with Joe Rogan and Adam Curry to try to make a salient point about, well, anything.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    World of Warcraft net bookings again grew a double-digit percentage year-over-year, driven by the launch of Burning Crusade Classic.
    They thought we didn't, but we did.

lol Sorry

you as an employee, do not dictate terms to a company. The only time you have that kind of leverage is if they value you enough to follow through. And I can tell you right now, you aren't going to be around there for as long as you think.

Color me shocked, no impending doom spelled out for WoW (or SL in particular) despite 3rd party website's OH SO RELIABLE reporting about the game supposedly losing all of its players to FFX-fucking-IV...

BUT, this quarterly is not, imo, a reliable source for seeing the fallout of the controversy on the companies. That'll come next quarterly. But, if going by the Hong Kong controversy, I'd doubt it'll have much of an impact on the financials.