10+ Year Old Account

Activision/Blizzard Global Head of Human Resources is no longer with the company

I guess there will be a story on this soon but it appears as if the Global Head of Human Resources for Activision/Blizzard, Jesse Meschuk, is also no longer with the company.

Icy Veins has a story about it.

Also Jason Schreier on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...53540774907907
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-03 at 10:21 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Most of the top management is going to get the axe. Anyone who could be reasonably seen as part of the problem will have to go. Billions of $ in stock price and future profits are riding on all of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Putting that "..." in middle of the link really helps in opening it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Putting that "..." in middle of the link really helps in opening it.
    I think I fixed the link.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bobby Kotick and the board will do everything they can to clean this whole mess with a bleach if they have to.

They will do it not because they are shocked, appalled or pro-equality and fairness in the world, but because the damage this whole story does to the brand is immense and will cost them insane amount of $$ down the road if left unhandled properly.

They will legit knock Blizzard's entrance door down with bulldozers and go cubicle by cubicle with fucking flamethrowers burning out each and every spot they deem not up to snuff when it comes to equality or claims investigations.

I would not surprised if in the end there will be dozens of people let go in both management positions and even less than that.

And that is a good thing. Blizzard really needs to change and if it requires a chunk of management let go and be replaced by people outside Blizzard, then so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for cleaning house, but Jason Schreier shouldn't be supported.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they can put Frances Townsend in charge of Human Resources now. She could also help out in game development with Water Boarding as a mythic affix.

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    You must be a GamerGater.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Why? He is one of the best, if not the best, gaming journalists right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    Maybe they can put Frances Townsend in charge of Human Resources now. She could also help out in game development with Water Boarding as a mythic affix.
    That one was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You must be a GamerGater.
    Woman in tech, chairperson on a women's rights 501(c)(3) but that's fine. Whatever suits your world view I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Why? He is one of the best, if not the best, gaming journalists right now.
    Deflecting to #gamergate to avoid scrutiny about his conflicts of interest in reporting on the ongoing ActivisionBlizzard issues.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Woman in tech, chairperson on a women's rights 501(c)(3) but that's fine. Whatever suits your world view I guess.
    A bad wild guess after I saw him tweeting about "gamergate cretins". Glad I was wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The replies to the Twitter article say it all, really. This isn't actually about solving the problems within the company. It's about saving face in the eyes of a social media mob who will never be sated when it comes to drama and punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Deflecting to #gamergate to avoid scrutiny about his conflicts of interest in reporting on the ongoing ActivisionBlizzard issues.
    You can count the people who act out skeptical on the accusations going on here who are not very likely Gamergate dudebros on a heavily mutilated hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Most of the top management is going to get the axe. Anyone who could be reasonably seen as part of the problem will have to go. Billions of $ in stock price and future profits are riding on all of this.
    Most of them didn't work there when the unpleasant things happened, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The replies to the Twitter article say it all, really. This isn't actually about solving the problems within the company. It's about saving face in the eyes of a social media mob who will never be sated when it comes to drama and punishment.
    The demands seem to be pretty reasonable. Fire the harassers and people in leadership positions who allowed this culture to fester, give the employees fair and equal working conditions, fire Grand Inquisitor Townsend and ideally Child Fiddler Kotick as well and all the old legends should shtick to their promises of trying to be better and cooperate with the authorities to solve that mess.

Since we already have a thread for the earnings call and this falls more under the overall discussion of the lawsuit and fallout, please use the GenOT thread to continue this discussion - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-By-California