Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    1. Anyone could redeem themselves and achieve great things, even a sexual predator.
    Cool, paying your victims off is not "redeeming yourself".

2. It seems like there will be controversial allegations made against every POTUS or major POTUS candidate in my lifetime so if I took them very seriously I'd never vote. Which isn't reasonable.
    Which is entirely a function of you being unable to assess which allegations are substantive and which aren't.

3. Policy is more important than various personal flaws, such as being a creepy horndog.
    Said personal flaws inform the policies they support. They aren't separate.

Seems more like you just don't think being a sex pest is an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    How bout jail time? Because both Cuomo and Trump have recent accusations that mean they can go to jail for them.
    I don't know if they are guilty of sexual harassment but if they are guilty then they should definitely sit in jail for a couple months. Then they can reflect on their transgressions, and learn to be professional with woman, and learn to keep their hands to themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I don't know if they are guilty of sexual harassment but if they are guilty then they should definitely sit in jail for a couple months. Then they can reflect on their transgressions, and learn to be professional with woman, and learn to keep their hands to themselves.
    Why should his punishment be lower than the average man gets for this?

The investigations on both have evidence that both are guilty of sexual harassment. How can you say they aren't when they both clearly are? Cuomo needs to resign, and Trump just needs to go fucking away. The difference between Democrats and Republicans, is that Democrats hold their people accountable if there is evidence of wrongdoing. So this fucking waffling shit you have going on is bullshit at best.

My money says Cuomo is just gonna Northam through this and stay around until the fury dies down.

It's one thing if a whole host of people call on him to resign, and another to be willing to make it an intraparty mess and impeach him from office. If everybody in the NY relevant elected offices that called on him to resign also voted to impeach him from office, he already would be gone. And Cuomo's first statement sounded a lot like "So force me out then, because I'm not gonna make this easy on you guys."
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    My money says Cuomo is just gonna Northam through this and stay around until the fury dies down.

It's one thing if a whole host of people call on him to resign, and another to be willing to make it an intraparty mess and impeach him from office. If everybody in the NY relevant elected offices that called on him to resign also voted to impeach him from office, he already would be gone. And Cuomo's first statement sounded a lot like "So force me out then, because I'm not gonna make this easy on you guys."
    Well Biden calling for cuomo’s resignation might move things along a little.

See, note the difference here. When a democrat is overwhelmingly accused of sexual misconduct, the other democrats push for their removal.

When a republican is overwhelmingly accused of sexual misconduct, the other republicans double down pushing for them to be elected a senator of Alabama or nominated to the Supreme Court.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    For anyone that thought that Blizzard's corporate response of blaming "bureaucrats", was the dumbest defense of sexual harassment.

Andrew Cuomo says, "Hold my beer!"
    Gov. Cuomo has released an 85-page written response to the independent investigation, but it's only 26 pages of text. Most of the rest is dozens of photos of him hugging people and other politicians hugging people:

I...legit thought this was a parody, it's that ridiculous.
    "Cuomo Wants You To Know He’s Creepy Around Everyone"

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/mornin...round-everyone

I love Talking Points Memo.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Sounds like he needs to resign and an investigation goes into place..

I take it this was a "double standard" bait threat.. and really.. it is.. because I feel most people that at least lean left would want this to be looked into meanwhile.. on the other side.. its fingers in the ears, stomping, and throwing a tantrum if an orange man even has it brought up about. Or even find it ACCEPTABLE.

wow a political dynasty family who turn out to be slime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's just PrimaryColor, the ever-present contrarian. He's best ignored. He goes away eventually, usually after he backs himself into a corner.
    Maybe so but it doesn't change the reality that there are people out there who do hold this sort of view. They also happen to be the same group of people who tend to sexually harass women.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Maybe so but it doesn't change the reality that there are people out there who do hold this sort of view. They also happen to be the same group of people who tend to sexually harass women.
    Nonsense. Sexual harassment probably happens every day but that doesn't mean we should be talking about it every day in politics. There are real policy issues that need to be addressed. If you think talking about these personal incidents every day will reduce the amount of sexual harassments, then great, it's worth it if that comes true. But I'm skeptical that the current culture is actually calm and rational enough to make permanent progress on this topic. We'll see.

Sexual harassment probably happens every day but that doesn't mean we should be talking about it every day in politics.
    Except a politician was doing the sexual harassing.

There are real policy issues that need to be addressed.
    By sexual harassers? If you think Cuomo is indispensable and nobody could have enacted the policies he did, what are your favorite policies of his?

If you think talking about these personal incidents every day will reduce the amount of sexual harassments, then great, it's worth it if that comes true.
    Yes, but more importantly getting rid of people who are actively engaged in sexually harassing people stops them from continuing to harass them in that workplace.

But I'm skeptical that the current culture is actually calm and rational enough to make permanent progress on this topic. We'll see.
    Considering you seem to think that doing anything about it is going too far, I think we know where you'll land on this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense. Sexual harassment probably happens every day but that doesn't mean we should be talking about it every day in politics.
    We should absolutely be talking about it when public figures in positions of power and authority are found to have sexually harassed women (or men or anyone really). Because one of the consequences of this needs to be that they are removed from that position of power and authority. In the case of Cuomo there are credible accusations against him that an investigation found valid. He isn't apologizing or showing any signs of remorse. Instead he's denying them. He needs to go. Period. Anything less is a position that supports sexual harassment.

There are real policy issues that need to be addressed.
    Great - then put someone in place to address them that doesn't have a history of harassing and assaulting women.

If you think talking about these personal incidents every day will reduce the amount of sexual harassments, then great, it's worth it if that comes true. But I'm skeptical that the current culture is actually calm and rational enough to make permanent progress on this topic. We'll see.
    You do realize that not everyone is a sexual harasser....right? That holding a zero tolerance policy around this subject is not only reasonable but moral?

Or are you so far gone or trolly that you just prefer to brush it all under the rug and just let women suffer at the hands of abusive men in power? Cause you seem like it. And it's gross.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense. Sexual harassment probably happens every day but that doesn't mean we should be talking about it every day in politics. There are real policy issues that need to be addressed.
    If you don't think addressing sexual harassment is a "real policy issue that needs to be addressed", you're just in favor of sexual harassment. It's that simple, really.

Particularly as government does not do one thing at a time. Addressing sexual harassment accusations takes no time away from policy development. They are separate issues entirely, and policy work continues apace while these accusations are evaluated.

If you think talking about these personal incidents every day will reduce the amount of sexual harassments, then great, it's worth it if that comes true.
    You're not protesting "talking about it". You're protesting "action being taken against it".

The news coverage covers the action. That's all the "talk" there is.

Nonsense. Sexual harassment probably happens every day but that doesn't mean we should be talking about it every day in politics.
    You really have no idea how to communicate. You just have zero empathy or any sympathy to connect to people, or situations at all to understand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You really have no idea how to communicate. You just have zero empathy or any sympathy to connect to people, or situations at all to understand.
    Typically we should talk about the topic and not the posters in the thread. With that said, I have the maximum possible empathy for all 7.8 billion people and my empathy is distributed equally.

It sucks that women have to deal with men who are often times more aggressive and lecherous than women(imo). It's not fair, but I don't think it's healthy to make politics about the interpersonal problems of politicians. I think people are just bored and don't want to talk about policy so politics ends up being about a never-ending stream of sexual improprieties. It seems like it will keep happening throughout my lifetime so I don't think it's healthy to get outraged about it on a daily basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically we should talk about the topic and not the posters in the thread. With that said, I have the maximum possible empathy for all 7.8 billion people and my empathy is distributed equally.

It sucks that women have to deal with men who are often times more aggressive and lecherous than women(imo). It's not fair, but I don't think it's healthy to make politics about the interpersonal problems of politicians. I think people are just bored and don't want to talk about policy so politics ends up being about a never-ending stream of sexual improprieties. It seems like it will keep happening throughout my lifetime so I don't think it's healthy to get outraged about it on a daily basis.
    You're literally the one making politics out of it, here, by trying to suggest that he shouldn't face consequences because of potential political benefits.

Anyone who isn't making this political just wants the man to face the consequences, and his position would provide no reason whatsoever to reconsider that stance.

With that said, I have the maximum possible empathy for all 7.8 billion people and my empathy is distributed equally.
    So empathetic that you want those dames to just shut up and take the money, while letting people harass them continue to harass others because "muh policy" which you still have yet to state what policies Cuomo had that made his harassment of women acceptable.

It's not fair, but I don't think it's healthy to make politics about the interpersonal problems of politicians.
    This is a basic workplace issue, not politics. You don't sexually harass others in the workplace, no matter where you work. Period.

Stop carrying water for sexual harassers.

I think people are just bored and don't want to talk about policy so politics ends up being about a never-ending stream of sexual improprieties.
    Which wouldn't be an issue if people would like, stop harassing/abusing others? If you want folks to stick to policy, I'd think you

It seems like it will keep happening throughout my lifetime so I don't think it's healthy to get outraged about it on a daily basis.
    "I have maximum empathy for people."

also

"These people need to stop being outraged because they or others were the victims of prolonged sexual harassment."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm betting on resignation in a couple of weeks.
    Taken. Not only does he read as defiant, but again, he's earned enough goodwill from his actions that NY won't force him out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Um...the investigation has concluded. They found he broke laws. That's why we have this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post

I take it this was a "double standard" bait threat.. and really.. it is.. because I feel most people that at least lean left would want this to be looked into meanwhile.. on the other side.. its fingers in the ears, stomping, and throwing a tantrum if an orange man even has it brought up about. Or even find it ACCEPTABLE.
    We knew about this stuff through multiple accusers, but some holdouts wanted an investigation first.

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/file...ive_report.pdf

"Double standard" bait threat ... meet 165 page investigative report by the NY AG. Let me know how many pages into it you get, if any, before you abandon thinking this is just political double standard bait.

You have ample opportunity in a thread on this subject to reach a conclusion on whether Cuomo ought to be impeached and removed. I won't tell you whether you should find it acceptable, unacceptable but not worthy of impeachment, or unacceptable and worthy of impeachment. That's for you to decide, and evaluate whether you hold two different standards afterwards.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."