Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    If City buy Grealish and Kane as they mean to, I would put them as favourites at that point.
    I doubt either of them will happen but signing 1 of them would of course strengthen City. With that said, Chelsea finished the season the strongest and spanked City in 3 games, Liverpool need to bounce back even if they haven't signed anyone yet. I think either way it could be a very exciting race. It's still hard for me even as a Man Utd fan to put us in that same race because even if we sign Varane, we've just played really mediocre football and we had multiple games finishing 0-0 last season. Best case it's one of those seasons where everyone beats everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I doubt either of them will happen but signing 1 of them would of course strengthen City. With that said, Chelsea finished the season the strongest and spanked City in 3 games, Liverpool need to bounce back even if they haven't signed anyone yet. I think either way it could be a very exciting race. It's still hard for me even as a Man Utd fan to put us in that same race because even if we sign Varane, we've just played really mediocre football and we had multiple games finishing 0-0 last season. Best case it's one of those seasons where everyone beats everyone.
    United looked burned out towards the end of the season. Didn't help that Rashford was carrying an injury through the 2nd half of it.

Time will tell on if they happen or not, but it's rare that City don't get whomever they go after. So let's see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varane to United, Fabrizio Romano's confirming it. Exact fee unknown.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Varane to United, Fabrizio Romano's confirming it. Exact fee unknown.
    If I read correctly it was £34m without add-ons. Seems Trippier is interested in coming to United too, but United would need to sell some players first.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58032324

Super League Saga continues. Be right back, grabbing some popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58032324

Super League Saga continues. Be right back, grabbing some popcorn.
    didnt realise barcas wage bill was 110% of expected income lol. they are desperate for money, run your business better you stupid fucks.

that's all well and good if those teams want to govern themselves in a new league, that also means their current league can kick them out.

Harry Kane not showing up to training, well fuck....

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Harry Kane not showing up to training, well fuck....
    What a donkey.. hope Spurs fines him

5+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Lukaku back to Chelsea is a thing... initial bid was rejected, Chelsea is doing a new one.

Edit: Apparently a € 130 million one. Chelsea is not playing games this transfer window.
    Last edited by Mazza; 2021-08-04 at 06:35 AM.

ooof palaces 1st kit is an affront to god. 3rd kit is tidy tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Apparently Lukaku back to Chelsea is a thing... initial bid was rejected, Chelsea is doing a new one.

Edit: Apparently a € 130 million one. Chelsea is not playing games this transfer window.
    If Chelsea do succeed in getting him back I just hope he fits their playstyle. Conte seemed to know how to utilize him well, Mourinho however did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    If Chelsea do succeed in getting him I just hope he fits their playstyle. Conte seemed to know how to utilize him well, Mourinho however did not.
    To be fair, is there anyone that post-Madrid Mourinho has known how to get 100% out of?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    To be fair, is there anyone that post-Madrid Mourinho has known how to get 100% out of?
    Very true. I used to think while Lukaku was at United that it was a "Lukaku" problem but after seeing how he's played at Inter (and to be fair, how he played at Everton too), it's clear it's not a Lukaku problem ;P

Very true. I used to think while Lukaku was at United that it was a "Lukaku" problem but after seeing how he's played at Inter (and to be fair, how he played at Everton too), it's clear it's not a Lukaku problem ;P
    Haha I'm in the same boat! Feed him good passes and he will score, think he would have been a lot better for us now with Bruno added to the midfield (and Sancho) than he was under Mourinho with how we played then.

Feels like Lukaku has been getting shit his whole career for "only being good at scoring goals" but that's a pretty good quality to have. I personally feel Chelsea will win the league next season - because they were the strongest team for the last few months it felt like and when they played City they won all those games (FA semi-final, league, CL-final) and if you add a striker like Lukaku to that mix, they will add more goals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I've put my money on Chelsea too. Although if City get Kane and/or Grealish... it'll be very interesting.

I feel like for the first season in a few years, the top4 feels fairly 'nailed on'. The order between the teams is up for debate but Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Man Utd just feel on a level higher than the competition, especially after the window. Leicester could potentially be the joker team but considering they have bottled it 2 seasons in a row at the very end is to their detriment. But neither Spurs or Arsenal feel like they've had a strong window enough to close the gap.

Ofc one of the predicted top4 teams might still have an off season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't particularly rate him in the Euros to be honest, I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't a Lukaku problem, especially since he's also dropped about 10 stone since he left United. Mourinho didn't manage him well of course, but he obviously didn't manage himself well either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I didn't particularly rate him in the Euros to be honest, I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't a Lukaku problem, especially since he's also dropped about 10 stone since he left United. Mourinho didn't manage him well of course, but he obviously didn't manage himself well either.
    I definitely agree that he didn’t have a great Euro 2020 and I probably shouldn’t completely blame Mourinho too, you’re right about that was well. It was just very weird to see him do well at Everton and then suck so bad at United ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely agree that he didn’t have a great Euro 2020 and I probably shouldn’t completely blame Mourinho too, you’re right about that was well. It was just very weird to see him do well at Everton and then suck so bad at United ;D
    True, but then at United he was branded a flat track bully, because he scored plenty of goals just against weaker teams. The Italian league does have a lot of flat track...

I'd be surprised if he went to Chelsea, even moreso if he lived up to the hype.