Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Your top #1 wish for 10.0

What is your TOP #1 wish in terms of systems, non-lore related content or game modes for 10.0 (non gear altering or player power and stats altering borrowed power systems that is, of course, since we know how much players love those, lol)?

I'll start:

Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics. I think this would also be a great community building tool.

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, talent tree reworks allowing for sub specs based on combat style...etc
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-08-04 at 10:46 AM.

Return to Azeroth, no need to visit other planets/planes.

Remake let’s say 6 zones and add a few others.

Remove borrowed power systems.

wow 2
    only way wow can be saved
    an expansion doesnt cut it

Top wish? Probably make Mythic not be 20 man.

This isn't a "Wow FF14 so much better" comment but... One of the core reasons I enjoy FF14, is that its hardest content doesn't require so many people. Even if you're consistently clearing stuff and making progress, it's inevitable that people end up leaving for various reasons and then you're back to recruiting again. It's a terrible cycle, a lot easier to manage if it's half the players needed though.

Pipe dream that'll likely never happen, but that's why it's a wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular opinion - I'm personally satisfied with WoW because I play it for its top notch raiding and instanced group content.

What I'd wish for is a massive increase available transmog options and unlock all (or at least most but the complete impossible) race/class combos. I think Transmog armor options should be unlocked for the closest possible armor type (i.e Cloth can mog into Leather, Leather into Mail or Cloth or both... etc).

In my opinion, if someone wants to be a "Draenei" or even frikkin' Lightforged Warlock and use DH pieces as a mog with staff mogged to 2h sword, then really why the heck not. This alone will give this game immense amount of options for causal and hardcore players alike.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What is your TOP #1 wish in terms of systems, non-lore related content or game modes for 10.0 (non gear altering or player power and stats altering borrowed power systems that is, of course, since we know how much players love those, lol)?

I'll start:

Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics. I think this would also be a great community building tool.

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, sub specs...etc
    That would work really well with how toxic alot of older players are against new players.

I would love a more light hearted adventure expansion with colorful zones, and I would even be fine if we didn't have a single 'doom and gloom' zone like The Maw/Argus/Dread Wastes/Icecrown. Imagine Freehold but as a raid - killin' some pirates. Maybe the Defias gang makes a comeback and we can fight them. All the world ending level threats have gotten a bit stale for me personally.

Oh and I would love tier sets back. Put some time into designing beautiful class sets because I do think it makes a big difference with class fantasy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't just pick one.
    1) trivial content like war campaigns must be 100% optional (no otherwise unattainable player power granted)
    2) remove all systems, they must be talent points, skills or item drops
    3) tune pve content for normal people who don't enjoy the indecipherable visual orgy of 20 unnecessary boss abilities
    4) flight enabled over new zones at max level immediately
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-08-04 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Top wish? Probably make Mythic not be 20 man.

This isn't a "Wow FF14 so much better" comment but... One of the core reasons I enjoy FF14, is that its hardest content doesn't require so many people. Even if you're consistently clearing stuff and making progress, it's inevitable that people end up leaving for various reasons and then you're back to recruiting again. It's a terrible cycle, a lot easier to manage if it's half the players needed though.

Pipe dream that'll likely never happen, but that's why it's a wish.
    Well, yeah. The point of a raid is for it to also feel like a raid. Not a dungeon group.

As to the OP the best thing they can do for a 10.0 at this point is to just stop making xpacs. They never deliver on their promises and always fall short ofany and all goals. Player fun is no longer a metric they even use. Blizzard has been openly hostile towards its own players and seeing how they are in their work space...I'm not surprised that the game suffers across the board.

The best thing they can do right now is wipe away all of their staff/CEO's and start fresh. And since that isn't going to happen...you can bet that you'll still be given the same half finished/shitty product that they've been shoveling down your throat for the last 4 years.

Ion off the job

More Nesingwary!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    That would work really well with how toxic alot of older players are against new players.
    How would it work with how toxic newer players are with older players?

Full-fledged housing with tons of decorative items to gather from old expansions and other means (professions, drops, quests...) and a lot of customization options for it.

It probably won't happen but that'd be one hell of a way to retain some players in my opinion since most of the current remaining playerbase isn't staying for the raids, PvP or other competitive things but mostly for collecting stuff (pets, toys, mounts, achievs...).

It would be right up their alley.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post

I'll start:

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, sub specs...etc
    A tour of old raids? Why would you need a veteran player to do that? A tour? You can go yourself and clear it by yourself. A tour???

No Artifact/Azerite/Anima Power.

I've had it to here with these systems. Especially tired of having 39582309 items in my bags that should just be currency in my tab.

But honestly just picking one thing to wish for doesn't even scratch it. There's so, so much wrong that needs to be fixed.

Want back Chi/Manatea Mechanic back for MW monk... or give MW monks a bit love at least.

Legion, but with legendary purchase vendor

That they take an extra year to sort it out.

I want contestable zones, not through pvp but through pve contributions. The faction / sub faction / whatever that contributes the most to that particular zone in a week, will change the content of that zone, including the instances, to something that benefits them in the week that follows.

This gives players a means to impact the world around them. The results of this zone change don't lock the losers out of the zone either, they just have to deal with added obstacles and challenges or resource scarcity in that zone for that week.

Remake Kalimdor and EK.

Ignore every other zone on azeroth. Put them away for the future/non accesible outside of chromie time.

Make some event which would explain why we loose most of our power so we are not literal gods anymore.

Jump 20 years into the future.

Make the next xpac more local threats/non galaxy destroying things.

Won't happen because the need to finish the whole galaxy light void life death storyline first which no one wants or asked for.