Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its not that complicated. Hes a capitalist who believes in nothing.
    His situation is at least a little complicated. Doesn't mean he isn't precisely what you describe, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people are authoring these massive thinkpieces when it's really as simple as he's a corrupt shit - especially when you take into account he often votes against things which are actually popular in his constituency.
    Not sure why you'd think a couple of short paragraphs are "massive thinkpieces", but ok, some of us have deeper thoughts than others. However, Manchin's position is at least a little complicated, even if it's of his own making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not sure why you'd think a couple of short paragraphs are "massive thinkpieces", but ok, some of us have deeper thoughts than others. However, Manchin's position is at least a little complicated, even if it's of his own making.
    It really isn't any more complicated than "he's corrupt", though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I could have sworn at least 2 Republican Arizona state senators have come out against the audit now
    You are correct. However, even if they are against the audit they still want enough rumor of fraud to suppress the vote. And while the official response to Cyber Ninjas might be contempt (legal or otherwise) Cyber Ninjas is going for that unofficial response. Their unknown, unlisted private backers are waiting for them to wave a piece of paper for the camera, say "we found definitive fraud but those RINOS in the gub'ment won't do anything".

10+ Year Old Account
    His situation is at least a little complicated. Doesn't mean he isn't precisely what you describe, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Manchin apologism is tired and unnecessary.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You are correct. However, even if they are against the audit they still want enough rumor of fraud to suppress the vote. And while the official response to Cyber Ninjas might be contempt (legal or otherwise) Cyber Ninjas is going for that unofficial response. Their unknown, unlisted private backers are waiting for them to wave a piece of paper for the camera, say "we found definitive fraud but those RINOS in the gub'ment won't do anything".
    I don't know if evidence could be found the very method of record keeping seems designed around the possibility of abuse from what I understand. If the ballots are destroyed I'm uncertain of what could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't know if evidence could be found the very method of record keeping seems designed around the possibility of abuse from what I understand.
    How so, based on your understanding?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Manchin apologism is tired and unnecessary.
    So trying to figure out actions and reasons is apologism now?

Maybe you should rethink how you define words the rest of us use correctly.

He isn't complicated as that Exxon lobbyist said he is in their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How so, based on your understanding?
    I recall someone saying they don't record names or info from ballots after counting them... I think it was you actually I admit I don't know American ballet procedures it seems bizzare to me you can vote without Identification alreadly.

I recall someone saying they don't record names or info from ballots after counting them...
    I mean, this seems to happen with you a lot. You hear something from somewhere, you're not exactly sure where, that sounds reasonable so you don't bother verifying.

They do, that's precisely how you can check to see if your mail in vote has been received/counted or not, something which I believe every state does, and I know CA and AZ do - https://my.arizona.vote/AbsenteeTracker.aspx

I think it was you actually
    Quote it then, don't make shit up and then try to blame me for it.

I admit I don't know American ballet procedures it seems bizzare to me you can vote without Identification alreadly.
    So maybe do some digging before just slinging misinformation, and there's been extensive discussion around the voter ID issue in these forums so there's plenty of opportunity to understand the nuances and context around why that's the case in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, this seems to happen with you a lot. You hear something from somewhere, you're not exactly sure where, that sounds reasonable so you don't bother verifying.

They do, that's precisely how you can check to see if your mail in vote has been received/counted or not, something which I believe every state does, and I know CA and AZ do - https://my.arizona.vote/AbsenteeTracker.aspx

Quote it then, don't make shit up and then try to blame me for it.

So maybe do some digging before just slinging misinformation, and there's been extensive discussion around the voter ID issue in these forums so there's plenty of opportunity to understand the nuances and context around why that's the case in the US.
    Alright your right.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    He isn't complicated as that Exxon lobbyist said he is in their pockets.
    But which of our illustrious 100 Senators isn't beholden to someone?

What I'm looking at are his initial positions vs his final positions. Each time on major Reconcilliation legislation that needed all 50 Dems to vote yes, Manchin came out initially with "concerns" on some parts of the legislation, "wondering if it can pass", and then each time it passed.

I'm not claiming he's some kind of 3D chess choir boy, I'm just pointing out his apparent strategy in attempting to keep his relatively complicated situation contained while at the same time moving Democratic goals forward.

What I'm looking at are his initial positions vs his final positions. Each time on major Reconcilliation legislation that needed all 50 Dems to vote yes, Manchin came out initially with "concerns" on some parts of the legislation, "wondering if it can pass", and then each time it passed.

I'm not claiming he's some kind of 3D chess choir boy, I'm just pointing out his apparent strategy in attempting to keep his relatively complicated situation contained while at the same time moving Democratic goals forward.
    Without voting rights his 3d chess means democrats lose all branches of government in the next two elections. That will be Manchin, Sinema and Biden's legacy.

I recall someone saying they don't record names or info from ballots after counting them... I think it was you actually I admit I don't know American ballet procedures it seems bizzare to me you can vote without Identification alreadly.
    Hi there o/ Everybody loves to learn so here's yours for today:

They do neither of those things in UK elections (they may record the number on the ballot paper but I don't actually know) and it works, some would say, well enough.

I don't see what's bizarre about either issue.

TBF we've only had 1 reconcilliation bill so far that has passed. And that last one he was kicking and screaming till the very end. Also he's corrupt. His children are also corrupt.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Without voting rights his 3d chess means democrats lose all branches of government in the next two elections. That will be Manchin, Sinema and Biden's legacy.
    HR1, even if it passes, will have SCOTUS issues, and will be tied up for years in appeals. If it passed right now, today, it wouldn't be effective in most states where it would be needed until post-2024.

His necessary 3D chess is outside the voting rights issue right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Your concern is so sweet, given we've been doing this for 100+ years without any voter fraud, with even the GQP failing to find any meaningful fraud.

I wonder why you're so worried about it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall someone saying they don't record names or info from ballots after counting them.
    Names? Ballots don't have fucking names on them.

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of a secret ballot?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Names? Ballots don't have fucking names on them.

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of a secret ballot?
    Eh basically just another primarycolor. Feigning ignorance to be contrarian for desperate need of attention.

HR1, even if it passes, will have SCOTUS issues, and will be tied up for years in appeals. If it passed right now, today, it wouldn't be effective in most states where it would be needed until post-2024.

His necessary 3D chess is outside the voting rights issue right now.
    He is 73 years old his 3D chess is to land a cozy spot on the board of Exxon.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He is 73 years old his 3D chess is to land a cozy spot on the board of Exxon.
    Lol, good point. I can't argue with that. I didn't realize how old he was, either. Damn. I hope we have someone in the wings on the Blue side to take his place.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems most of the reality surrounding election mechanics is new for you. Perhaps with some newly acquired free time you could read up on the topic, rather than guessing and gaslighting your way to the mudhole.