Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    eh at least you can run low level dungeons and what not for currency to get you on your way to the top item level. you can't do that in WoW.
    WoW is all about the latest patch. nothing else matters on that front.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, you run roulettes once daily to get that currency. You don't just go and farm the currency in any old low level dungeon, the only dungeons that actually drop the currency without being part of a roulette are the max level ones.

Also, you could just cap your tomes doing max level stuff weekly anyway, you don't even really need to do those roulettes if you don't want to. They don't exist to keep low level content relevant for max level players, they exist to help out low level players by getting people to queue for stuff they need to progress.
    still a better options than what WoW has to offer. if i can take multiple routes to my goal in a game i'll take that over a single one every time.

You can take just as many routes in WoW if you wanted to, honestly. There's actually a fairly silly number of different ways to start gearing in WoW.

The treadmill in WoW is longer, and I guess if you want the absolute best stuff you'll have to do the top end content, but realistically you'd want to do Eden Savage to get the best sets in XIV too, so eh.
    Most people hate RNG and in WoW currently there is no confident way to get gear.
    Yeah, you can do a mythic dungeon which in higher levels can take easily 40 minutes, and only one or two player gets gear.
    The playerbase were asking Blizzard for years to bring back valor vendors like in the old times, but I heard they just introduced something similar in 9.1?

That's just silly.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

You can take just as many routes in WoW if you wanted to, honestly. There's actually a fairly silly number of different ways to start gearing in WoW.

The treadmill in WoW is longer, and I guess if you want the absolute best stuff you'll have to do the top end content, but realistically you'd want to do Eden Savage to get the best sets in XIV too, so eh.
    last i played WoW that was certainly not the case. hence the controversial catch up gear. has that changed in Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    But what MMO gives you level appropriate rewards like gear in a low level area?
    ESO gives you level appropriate gear and xp everywhere.

FFXIV gives you level appropriate xp when you do the roulettes, and also provides tomes that can be used to purchase high level gear.

we can finally live out our dreams of being a transexual without the negative feedback. ive always wanted to play a child wizard, and rp with grown men playing elfs with bunny ears.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    There is a whole questline with cutscenes and stuff for each and every encounter. No idea why you think they have no meaning.
    FFXIV not having trash in their end-game raids in which you will wipe 80-100 times is like the best thing ever.

Just look at Sanctum of Domination, if you don't rezstone a healer you have to walk for like 2-4 flipping minutes.
    Not to mention about waiting another minute or so until everyone is ready.
    In FFXIV I wipe and instantly start the pull timer again.

If WoW would just set the respawn right in front of the boss room you are currently trying, most people wouldn't complain, but for some dumb reason, they never -well, rarely (i.e. Sylvanas), do.
    Wow it's almost like wiping shouldn't be something you just shrug off and start over 1 second later

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I’ve always disliked these giant, hours long raids with ridiculous numbers of bosses. I’m a grown up. I have shit to do. Maybe when I was 15 that stuff was really enthralling, but either way I don’t think wandering the halls killing trash makes anything feel more epic. There’s nothing epic about make-work fights with enemies you virtually can’t die to. What makes raids feel epic is surrounding them with a coherent story and lore that is interesting, and sadly wow doesn’t do that or even come close honesty. When you provide a proper story and lore, you don’t need fluff to make things feel epic.

FF14 boss encounters are 2-3 times as long as wow boss encounters, typically with multiple phases. I’ll take that over wows short bosses with mindless trash between them any day.
    Those 2 statements contradict each other. If you were taking a psychology test you'd get an error telling you to start over.

It's not WoW and for many that is more than enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Wow it's almost like wiping shouldn't be something you just shrug off and start over 1 second later
    Um... Just curious, why shouldn't it be, exactly...?

Why is having to waste a few minutes walking back to where you were after a wipe somehow preferable to... not being forced to do that, and just respawning in front of the boss to minimize the amount of time spent not doing the content you went into the instance for?

Those 2 statements contradict each other. If you were taking a psychology test you'd get an error telling you to start over.
    Those two statements have nothing to do with psychology, nor do they contradict each other. You're blatantly ignoring all of the context of the entire rest of the post, so much so that I'm honestly shocked you didn't just snip most of it and use those two statements as the entire quote. It'd be equally shitty.

Longer individual encounters that require less commitment per clear being preferable to a sprawling instance of several shorter encounters with hallways of not-boss-killing inbetween them is a totally valid opinion. I feel like it's perfectly understandable how someone might think that the former would respect their time more than the latter.

Who...cares? The punishment is that you cannot proceed, that you must start the fight over again.

Also this idea that not having trash in Trials somehow means it doesn't matter and isn't impactful. Yes I'm sure spending 20/30 minutes on trash leading up to...Painsmith somehow makes that fight way more impactful.

Furthermore I cannot believe that you'd imply that FF14 doesn't treat every single trial or raid fight as important storywise when that's the primary function of everything the game does, and then compare it negatively to WoW in this regard. Ah yes everybody knows that WoW clearly cares about the story, the developers haven't exactly said publicly that they treat the story as a secondary feature and will warp it around whatever gameplay they want to do.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-08-05 at 12:14 AM.

Well, it should lol.
    No one actually thinks that it's good to "punish" the raid group by letting them walk to the boss-room again for 5 minutes and prepare for the next pull, while flasks are running etc. etc.
    You are just making up shit if you want to tell me otherwise, just to have an argument with someone on the internet.

Don't be silly.

Next, you are telling me that they should remove mass-rez.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-05 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It's not WoW and for many that is more than enough.
    That's the reason some people love it and the reason that some people hate it.

When is MMOC going to start putting FF14 news on the front page? Last I checked, this is MMOChampion, not WoWChampion. And seeing as FF14 is now the #1 MMORPG, it's high time for this site to recognize that fact and put news for the game on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    When is MMOC going to start putting FF14 news on the front page? Last I checked, this is MMOChampion, not WoWChampion. And seeing as FF14 is now the #1 MMORPG, it's high time for this site to recognize that fact and put news for the game on the front page.
    The WoW general discussions and lore subforums still get more traffic than this subforum. If this subforum managed to eclipse either in traffic then I suppose it'd be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The WoW general discussions and lore subforums still get more traffic than this subforum. If this subforum managed to eclipse either in traffic then I suppose it'd be possible.
    I don't necessarily think they need to replace the WoW news with FF14 news, but there is no reason they couldn't put both up. They could do like WoWhead does, where you can click the checkbox to pick between classic, TBC classic, and retail WoW news (even though, admittedly, those are all Blizzard games, but the idea still works imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Why is everyone migrating to this game now? what makes it so good?
    It's just a honeymoon period, it will die down in a month or two. FFXIV is still vastly inferior to WoW in almost every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to level 30 last night just to give it a fair go

I still have no idea what people see in it.

My only thing I like about it so far is the crafting bit even that has drawbacks (needing to keep and swap gear/ class to use them, or the fact each zone has like 5 nodes that constantly respawn in a small area while the rest of the zone has nothing (feels like an after thought) but the quality durability minigame was nice.

Questing I'm falling asleep doing, just spams you with monotone text rather than placing you in the action like guild wars 2. The quests are also always kill 4 mob, place 4 items, speak to 4 people.

Dungeons were a bit blah as well (not sure if it's because they are lower level so probably first made.lile 10 years ago) but grey cave number 1-3 didn't proove to be fun.

Combat is spam fire till out of mana , shift, spam ice till full mana, repeat.

The fates we're like a downgraded version of "random events" from eg. Gw2, rift etc.

The little gnome things I want to punt one whenever one comes on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

For the average (Oftenly terrible) player, its the fact they have something new to play, they just cant phrase it correctly with all the foaming, pretending they understand why they "Hate WoW" instead of admitting, its just the trend they are following.

One of my raiders did mention, its really refreshing for him that he can play whatever on one character (He has been playing FFXIV for years as secondary MMO, we all know the downtime WoW has at times) and it makes it really hard for him to try any of the new MMOs.

So i would assume, being forced to play the storylines, and leveling multiple "jobs", makes the "single player but in a MMO" happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Got to level 30 last night just to give it a fair go

My only thing I like about it so far is the crafting bit even that has drawbacks (needing to keep and swap gear/ class to use them, or the fact each zone has like 5 nodes that constantly respawn in a small area while the rest of the zone has nothing (feels like an after thought) but the quality durability minigame was nice.

Questing I'm falling asleep doing, just spams you with monotone text rather than placing you in the action like guild wars 2. The quests are also always kill 4 mob, place 4 items, speak to 4 people.

Dungeons were a bit blah as well (not sure if it's because they are lower level so probably first made.lile 10 years ago) but grey cave number 1-3 didn't proove to be fun.

Combat is spam fire till out of mana , shift, spam ice till full mana, repeat.

The fates we're like a downgraded version of "random events" from eg. Gw2, rift etc.

The little gnome things I want to punt one whenever one comes on the screen.
    I started in March after playing WoW for 17 years. I honestly didn't like it much during ARR. I got pretty annoyed and thought it wasn't great. I kind of had to force myself to get through it because I heard Shadowbringers was amazing and the game gets much better after ARR.

I'm now level 80 and I've done all the MSQ and most the trials/raids/dungeons. I've also leveled quite a few classes, with 4 being 70+.

It really does get WAY better once you've unlocked more abilities/raids/zones/etc and are higher level.

It will start to get better after 30 and upgrading to black mage.

And after 50 you can fly and the jobs start getting more complex and interesting, the story is better (Stormblood is kinda mediocre, until the post-SB stuff and that is really good), the zones are cooler, and it gets much better and continues to get better til the end.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-08-05 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It's just a honeymoon period, it will die down in a month or two. FFXIV is still vastly inferior to WoW in almost every way.
    FFXIV had 22 million registered users in April, before all the WoW bullshit started. You may think it's inferior but a lot more people don't think it's inferior at all.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-08-05 at 08:41 AM.