99,9% that you play tank .
    100% incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    or it was to make them feel good about doing it in lower gear
    people who usually do "difficult" content do it in low gear anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AboikoS View Post
    I did too at ~220, that wasnt my point cuz it really isnt that big of a flex lol. The point was how RNG this whole thing is, all depends on torments, powers, wings, what class u play etc.
    flawlessing is 100% about getting the bonus points. Those are independent of all of what you listed

Last edited by Kehego; 2021-08-04 at 02:04 PM.

If you plan on getting a flawless run dont kill the trader on layer 5 imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    flawlessing is 100% about getting the bonus points. Those are independent of all of what you listed
    Ahh actually thought by flawless u mean 5 gems but aight, im not rly that much up to date with everything at least when it comes to torghast cuz i literally hate doing it so usually i just run the last layer as fast as possible to get over with it lol. Still seems like a useless flex tho

100% incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

people who usually do "difficult" content do it in low gear anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it’s essentially the same as players who got the mage tower dps challenge done at the end of 7.3.5

It’s further obscuring the differences between players and all the separate levels of players

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean it’s essentially the same as players who got the mage tower dps challenge done at the end of 7.3.5

It’s further obscuring the differences between players and all the separate levels of players
    I don't really think its obscure tbh, and the same thing happened when they initially released floor 8 and it was "too hard"
    Or how TC was "too hard"

"good" players either easily clear, or take several attempts and scrape by
    "bad" players attempt, fail, and then go to the forums. "this _____ is unreasonable! I was a leet master and pwned noobs and now????!!!!"

yes there's some generalization, but that's how it usually goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    ignore that bonus and grab epic powers
    Depends on the spec and which epic shows up first. Havoc DH for example the epics are kinda meh except the reduced cd on eye beam during meta which you can use to stack meta duration which if you get that early then by all means take all the others, but you can also build a fairly OP build without epics as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    If you plan on getting a flawless run dont kill the trader on layer 5 imo
    Yeah it's weird I've seen him respawn before and never really bothered killing him until last night and then no trader on the vault floor which was sad as I had 1500 phant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AboikoS View Post
    Ahh actually thought by flawless u mean 5 gems but aight, im not rly that much up to date with everything at least when it comes to torghast cuz i literally hate doing it so usually i just run the last layer as fast as possible to get over with it lol. Still seems like a useless flex tho
    I've gotten the conduit item 1-2 times a week as well as some cosmetics that are pretty decent looking. It's worth it even if you don't want the cosmetics if you aren't running mythic raid yet(or heroic)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Both Blessing and Torments need a balancing pass. Thanatophobia can be a death sentence when combined with CC capable mobs - you'll get fear ->thanatophobia -> fear. No diminishing returns at all. Compare that to "easily avoidable void zones" or "tiny damage bonus on elites", there's no contest.

Same with Blessings, "first three elites are weaker?" If you die that early to your first elite, you might as well restart anyway, wasted blessing slot. Compare that to triple damage bonus from freed souls, constant damage aura or instant kill chance on elites (which is a direct upgrade to the "weaken three elites") Most of them are pretty good, but some could use a tune up.
    The first 3 elites one is actually one of my favorite as it's when you're still weaker and helps a LOT with getting the "don't let the buff stack" bonus as usually there's 3-5 on the first floor and by the end you'll have more powers(at least 2 extra from the tower knowledge perk or 3 if you invested fully in it). The potion one is the one that kills me. The mawrats bomb is semi useful if you have non elites in an elite pack and bomb them and then focus it down to explode, the other 2 are fairly garbo. The instant kill is a chance below 40% and I've had it not proc once in a run, definitely not an upgrade.

Meanwhile the stacking cdr and cost reduction one is insane on some specs. The souls one is pretty good too especially if you have the perk to counteract it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yeah it's weird I've seen him respawn before and never really bothered killing him until last night and then no trader on the vault floor which was sad as I had 1500 phant.
    There are at least two different vendors. You can get the same one again so if you kill it on an earlier floor you can actually have no vendors. I haven't paid attention to names since 9.1 so not sure if there are 3 different names. It was to big of an issue unless in twisting corridors before. But if you are chasing after the vaults cosmetics it is a gamble.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Both Blessing and Torments need a balancing pass. Thanatophobia can be a death sentence when combined with CC capable mobs - you'll get fear ->thanatophobia -> fear. No diminishing returns at all. Compare that to "easily avoidable void zones" or "tiny damage bonus on elites", there's no contest.

Same with Blessings, "first three elites are weaker?" If you die that early to your first elite, you might as well restart anyway, wasted blessing slot. Compare that to triple damage bonus from freed souls, constant damage aura or instant kill chance on elites (which is a direct upgrade to the "weaken three elites") Most of them are pretty good, but some could use a tune up.
    I think that Blizzard's prerogative for Blessings/Torments is that since they are seemingly random on a daily reset that any time you zone into Torghast it'll be a slightly different experience. They're probably trying to intentionally avoid a situation where players create "push days" by making the kiss/curses so incredibly varied. Iunno if I like it, but it does at least keep it a bit interesting.

I don't mind the objective scores, death penalties, Box of Many Things, etc.

I just really don't like it being timed. I'm not a fan of timers in solo content, I like having my own pace. I get that it's a good mechanic in groups to reign in potential degeneracy, but for solo it just puts pressure on me I don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

I just really don't like it being timed. I'm not a fan of timers in solo content, I like having my own pace. I get that it's a good mechanic in groups to reign in potential degeneracy, but for solo it just puts pressure on me I don't enjoy.
    its hardly timed tbh. going faster just gives you bonus, but you can finish it/score well as long as you don't like... afk during every floor

its hardly timed tbh. going faster just gives you bonus, but you can finish it/score well as long as you don't like... afk during every floor
    Which then raises the question: why even have a timer? Not being able to take a random phone call or feed the cat or whatever seems like a higher downside than curbing the option of waiting for Bloodlust every pull - which let's be real isn't particularly attractive even at layer 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Same, also it saying somewhere in game what the bonuses are would of been great.
    Just bliz adding features to feature for no real reason then making us go off game to figure it out….

I wish they'd at least make Torghast available for leveling like island expeditions were in BFA.

I find Torghast enjoyable enough, but I feel like 5 floors is hardly enough to get good anima power synergies going which makes up most of the fun of Torghast.

It's why I liked doing Twisting Corridors up until floor 12. From floor 13 onwards, the scaling got completely out of whack when soloing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There are at least two different vendors. You can get the same one again so if you kill it on an earlier floor you can actually have no vendors. I haven't paid attention to names since 9.1 so not sure if there are 3 different names. It was to big of an issue unless in twisting corridors before. But if you are chasing after the vaults cosmetics it is a gamble.
    Ah so just bad luck. I felt the need to maybe boost my score because I think it's a bonus point thing and my time was a little over par on 1-2 floors.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    floor 5 and 7 are same vendor, so floor 3 is safe to kill
    (if you already have cosmetics just kill 5)

Thanatophobia is a huge problem. It’s buggy, proc’s frequently at 90%+ health, doesn’t DR with fear effects, and is by FAR my biggest cause of death.

It is more frustrating than Horrific Vision madnesses. I could learn to 5 mask a horrific vision and avoid Split Personality and Haunting Shadows, but there is NOTHING I can do to avoid Thanatophobia. It’s bad game design. I have a hard time these believing Torghast torments we’re developed by the same team.

/rant off
    Last edited by Mightytasty; 2021-08-08 at 05:08 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Thanatophobia is a huge problem. It’s buggy, proc’s frequently at 90%+ health, doesn’t DR with fear effects, and is by FAR my biggest cause of death.
    Even when it works properly, it procs around the time when you're in actual danger of dying, so no wonder it's by far the most dangerous torment. And the lack of DR is insanely frustrating, since you can get 10+ seconds of fear from different enemies, which is a death sentence. Nothing else is even remotely comparable - most of other torments are annoying, but not outright lethal.

I suppose the idea is "when you see this torment, you'll be 'strategic' and pick more defensive powers to counter it", but that's wishful thinking. If something is good, you pick it anyway, plus you're still bound by RNG.

The only issues I have found is groups that expect to 5 star without stating it in the group finder or people that join groups expecting it to be a flawless run without it being stated and leave the moment something goes wrong. Both of these are down to the players rather than the system.

I have personally not bothered with flawless runs just yet, I could probably do it with a bit more effort, but my time is better spent waiting for more research upgrades to be done in addition to a bit of extra gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I find Torghast enjoyable enough, but I feel like 5 floors is hardly enough to get good anima power synergies going which makes up most of the fun of Torghast.
    No thanks, its long enough for a weekly chore.

That people skilled and geared for mythic raids are skipping the hardest difficulty because its not worth the min-max, not even if you play 10hours a day, says everything we need to know about the current balance of torghast.

The torghast talents are way to late, way to little in their impact and I for my self see torghast on the same annoyance levels as the WoD shipyards. I do torghast usually 1-2 days before reset, because its the most annoying chore right now.

Making legendary slots conflict with gem slots and forcing many regular players to still do torghast to make another set of the same legendaries is funny and cruel at the same time.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Utok View Post
    The only issues I have found is groups that expect to 5 star without stating it in the group finder or people that join groups expecting it to be a flawless run without it being stated and leave the moment something goes wrong. Both of these are down to the players rather than the system.

I have personally not bothered with flawless runs just yet, I could probably do it with a bit more effort, but my time is better spent waiting for more research upgrades to be done in addition to a bit of extra gearing.
    ye... but its source of conduit upgrades . so some people who are even semi-serious about game dont really have choice but to run multiple flawless weekly since its not guaranteed drop on first clear. ;ets say you have 30 conduits to upgrade - that 60 upgrade items you need to play optimaly if you are unlucky. 60 upgrades is 120k resources in korthia. better to run it weekly to save yourself ton of farming there.