One more week until the hidden capstone questline is revealed. Any guesses on what exactly it will contain? Other than the datamined Korthia cutscene?

I have to wonder whether Arthas will come into it finally. The story is all but dragging him front and center with all the foreshadowing, and given Uther, Arthas and Anduin is likely the juiciest storyline the expansion has to offer I am genuinely curious where the story will take us.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    One more week until the hidden capstone questline is revealed. Any guesses on what exactly it will contain? Other than the datamined Korthia cutscene?

I have to wonder whether Arthas will come into it finally. The story is all but dragging him front and center with all the foreshadowing, and given Uther, Arthas and Anduin is likely the juiciest storyline the expansion has to offer I am genuinely curious where the story will take us.
    Arthas was perfect against Sylvi, but that plot line is donezo. The only thing he can do now is to somehow help us against Jailer. If the decide to bring him back, of course.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I ASSUME it's a portal we open so we get a hint on where Mr Jailor went, setting up for 9.2

Whomever suggested that our artifact weapons could've been expanded upon to absorb Azerite Power and Anima, that was and is a genius idea! Such a shame that ideas like that aren't thought of and then acted upon by the devs though

Is Kyrian sigil rebuild this week? If yes (could be just scene for Kyrian character like in Venthyr), it will probably be Necro sigil, it wasn't part of 'Necro chapter' with Draka and Thrall for some reason. And for sure some talk with captured Sylvanas.

I always expected Arthas to be part of 9.2, but thought we will have some glimpse in raid cinematic, so yeah, why not in questline. Especially since this week remind us about Arthas (if we even need any reminder).

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Whomever suggested that our artifact weapons could've been expanded upon to absorb Azerite Power and Anima, that was and is a genius idea! Such a shame that ideas like that aren't thought of and then acted upon by the devs though
    Stuff like artifact weapons works only for last expansion, but WoW is ongoing game. In general Legion was build like last expansion, that's why BfA launch felt so bad for many people, it was like return to reality after dream.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-08-04 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Hey! I decided to post my own speculation and expectation for the next WoW expansion.
    These are basically the things that would make me feel excited.

Theme ONE: The Void
    (Not the expansion name, just a theme)
    -New world: K'aresh
    -Homeworld of the famous Ethereal race. The planet was mostly destroyed by "Dimensius the All-Devouring".
    -We arrive there (Blizzard can find a way to explain why) and find a community of friendly surviving Ethereals.
    -There are also unfriendly Ethereals who allied with the Void (as we've seen on Argus)
    -Alleria, Umbric & Void Elves have a huge part to play and we finally find out more about Void Elves.
    -New playable race: Ethereal (Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Priest, Mage, Warlock, Druid and... Tinker)
    -I dk if they should be neutral, A or H. I know what Blizzard said, but I don't have a problem with being able to choose a faction.
    -New class: Tinker (A: Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, Void Elf, LF Draenei, DI Dwarf, Mechagnome, Ethereal?)
    (B: Orc, Blood Elf, Goblin, M Orc, Nightborne?, Vulpera?, Ethereal?)
    -Personally, I'm not a fan of "engineering" or any tech-themed stuff being put into WoW, but I can see this one coming honestly.
    -We finally find out more about the Void Lords lore...
    -Xal'atath gets a cool new Void Elf special model in "nice" armor and immediately becomes fan favorite looking character.

Theme TWO: Dragon Isles
    -New continent above Lordaeron that is similar to Broken Isles, Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
    -Infinite Dragonflight is the main threat of the expansion.
    -Our beloved aspects leaders get a major role.
    -Imagine Kalecgos actually getting a new HD humanoid form model.
    -Character development on all of them, including Wrathion.
    -New class: Still think they would add Tinker first, but if you ask me, Dragonsworn name has been used a lot recently and I like the theme of using dragon powers.
    -In that case, each race should be available to be that class and lorewise have it as their humanoid form, while they're actually a dragon?!

I want to point out many things I expect from the next expansion that are not tied to these themes above:

-A perfect moment for Azeroth EK and Kalimdor revamp - including finally adding Blood Elf & Draenei areas to Azeroth maps. A perfect opportunity to give every race their capital city (such as Night Elves getting a city in Hyjal and Worgen retaking Gilneas). The Allied races could get their bigger hubs in existing cities (example: There is a green forest behind Mage District in Stormwind- they could make another district right there and let it only have High and Void elf structures).

-New lore added to each questing zone so that it’s not stuck in Cataclysm era anymore. BUT - I want them to keep the same quest rewards so that we don’t get another “not available anymore” situation like we did when Cataclysm went live and Transmogrification. They could also use this opportunity to finish giving more rewards-items that would finish some tmog sets (that have missing stuff such as boots, etc.).

-After heritage armor is finished, they should add heritage weapons (each weapon type) for each race. They should also use this opportunity to update Vanilla armor to HD. The other Vanilla model creatures should also be updated. I would want updated Gnolls to be on Dragon Isles just like the Killboars were on Kul Tiras when they got updated.

-Continued customization for Allied races and Core races again.
    -If they really don’t add the new customization for Allied races (I can hear that Nightborne cry), then I don’t want to be disappointed in 10.0. With Azeroth revamp, they should allow some races to get new class combo such as Night Elf Paladin, Draenei Rogue, Orc Priest (shadow lorewise - just like Mag’har), Goblin & Worgen Monks (with Exiles reach, I still find it weird that they’re not available now).

-I want them to add class skins - such as Void magic skin for Holy/discipline VE priests. Light skin for Lightforged Shadow Priests, Elune blueish skin for priests, etc. Could keep going.

Thanks for reading!
    I said this before: they’ll likely combine these two themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Do you honestly expect to keep your covenant spells?
    Not overall, but possibly in Shadowlands content. At the very least, they'll need something for the pieces of Shadowlands which rely on those spells like the Soulshape piece in Ardenweald. They may not have the class-specific spells for Shadowlands post 10.0, but if they do it's not super hard to see how a new class setup could be done.

I'd be surprised if Arthas came into it during next week's questline. If anything, I could see him in a 9.1.5 or 9.2 quest chain where we have to save other soul fragments & his turns out to be one of them, similar to what we had with Uther this week. But just showing up next week, it doesn't feel like the story is going there just yet.

I would guess next week, we'll get a massive reveal about Sylvanas & Anduin, possibly with some McGuffin where she alone can save him. We may also get the new Maldraxxus sigil. 9.1.5 then will be finding soul shards of many who were broken by Frostmourne, Arthas' soul itself being one of them. We may wind up getting some portion of him back at this point for the fight ahead. 9.2 then will be a full assault on the Jailer where we'll fight Anduin while the covenant leaders fight Zovaal. Arthas could be instrumental here in turning Anduin back alongside Sylvanas' McGuffin.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Not overall, but possibly in Shadowlands content. At the very least, they'll need something for the pieces of Shadowlands which rely on those spells like the Soulshape piece in Ardenweald. They may not have the class-specific spells for Shadowlands post 10.0, but if they do it's not super hard to see how a new class setup could be done.
    I just don't see us keeping those class specific abilities. The covenant ones might stay because they are part of some quest contextual things and related to a bunch of items, but will be severely limited to shadowlands or maybe even just the covenant zones they are from. But the class stuff will either be made into a select few talents, maybe baseline if some people are lucky, but I think they went deliberately with completely unrelated animations that they can get rid of them as easily as possible. I mean many of them would even need to be redesigned to fit the class' toolkit in the first place; necrolord paladin seems awfully weird for example. Either way, they aren't limiting the creation of a new class at all, even if a new class didn't have them, so what, they will spend 2 days at most in SL, current players had to be there for 2 years+.

- - - Updated - - -

As for next week, we are currently still missing 2 sigils, right? Will they cram both the necro and venthyr one into one questline? Were they formed off screen? The primus mentions that the covenants will bear them to him to chase Zovaal, so by that they either plan the most disgusting cliffhanger in recent times or they wrap up the whole thing and somehow shoehorn in some narrative finale with Sylvanas.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Yeah, most Covenant class spells absolutely do not fit the class fantasy at all.

Sure, there are outliers like Divine Toll for Paladins or Convoke for Druids where Covenant and class fantasy directly match, but stuff like Necrolord Druid, Kyrian Death Knight or Nightfae Warlock is just too weird to ever become baseline or a talent.

If they go the lazy approach of the last expansions, they will just pick the most used / liked Conduits and skills whatsoever and maybe turn them into a shadow of their former self as a new talent.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see us keeping those class specific abilities. The covenant ones might stay because they are part of some quest contextual things and related to a bunch of items, but will be severely limited to shadowlands or maybe even just the covenant zones they are from. But the class stuff will either be made into a select few talents, maybe baseline if some people are lucky, but I think they went deliberately with completely unrelated animations that they can get rid of them as easily as possible. I mean many of them would even need to be redesigned to fit the class' toolkit in the first place; necrolord paladin seems awfully weird for example. Either way, they aren't limiting the creation of a new class at all, even if a new class didn't have them, so what, they will spend 2 days at most in SL, current players had to be there for 2 years+.
    I feel the real answer here will come down to which if any they want to make future talents. Most of the spells are either too powerful (Convoke) or don't fit the class theme at all (Adaptive Swarm), so there's no good reason to keep them afterwards as talents or anything else. If Blizz opts to keep none of those spells out of Shadowlands, I could see Blizz making them only work in the Shadowlands and nowhere else.

Overall, I don't disagree that we should & probably will lose the class abilities post Shadowlands. However, I would have also thought they would've made the Azerite neck spells not work post BfA, yet those spells still work.

As for next week, we are currently still missing 2 sigils, right? Will they cram both the necro and venthyr one into one questline? Were they formed off screen? The primus mentions that the covenants will bear them to him to chase Zovaal, so by that they either plan the most disgusting cliffhanger in recent times or they wrap up the whole thing and somehow shoehorn in some narrative finale with Sylvanas.
    Venthyr is handled during their questline, but the quest where you see it happen is only available to Venthyr players. The Necrolord ones don't fully state as much, but I feel it can more or less be assumed that the Primus rebuilds it off camera given that most Necrolord issues are resolved atm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    im just hoping its not where one is just a patch
    needing the dragon isles to gain a weapon of immense titanic power to fight off an incoming void lord and the new void flight though....yes

anyone ever figure out what happened to deathwing's soul??

Overall, I don't disagree that we should & probably will lose the class abilities post Shadowlands. However, I would have also thought they would've made the Azerite neck spells not work post BfA, yet those spells still work.

Venthyr is handled during their questline, but the quest where you see it happen is only available to Venthyr players. The Necrolord ones don't fully state as much, but I feel it can more or less be assumed that the Primus rebuilds it off camera given that most Necrolord issues are resolved atm.
    I think they kinda had to keep the neclace around because they made unique time-limited (fuck 'em for that) collectable spell animations for them to generate FOMO, and that only works if you somewhat promise that people actually get to keep them one way or another. They were also for the most part completely divoced from the class with the exception of 1 specific essence and half of them stopped working properly as soon as the prepatch for SL hit because abilities got renamed etc. Compared to artefact weapons that made them low to non-existent maintenance. The covenant class skills on the other hand would be relatively high maintenance, even if it was just for timewalking; and Blizzard hates that.

As for the sigils, good to know. I didn't to venthyr yet, but I did necrolord and saw that they only named a new margrave,why not 2 though ..? How was Vashj not worthy of promotion? I guess the house of constructs is also missing a leader. Kinda lame that they showed this off in great detail for night fae and even greater detail for kyrian, but couldn't be arsed for venthyr.. I guess if anyone knows how to froge a sigil it's going to be the primus, so that was never in question tbh. But it bears repeating, the necrolrds are the ones who are pretty much still in shambles compared to the other covenants.

That still leaves us with how we will get a sigil that represents the maw. Given the raid it seemed kinda like a big deal.. it's also the only one that was 3D instead of just a flat floaty neon sign.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-05 at 03:37 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'm not even doing any max level stuff this week, XP from timewalking looks like someone add some 0 by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I think it will be Void vs. Light and we/Azeroth sandwiched in between But if it will be single threat, I would bet on Light. There are simply more hints for that in SL (imo to balance stuff, Void is more established threat).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-08-05 at 08:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fear the next week we'll see an in-game cinematic with all covenants united in a room with Sylvanas and accusing her for "her crimes"...
    Then there is an a**pull to "oh Sylvanas you were right?!? And thanks for shooting that arrow btw" and she'll get full high elf reuniting with her sisters to create a new high elve era.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I fear the next week we'll see an in-game cinematic with all covenants united in a room with Sylvanas and accusing her for "her crimes"...
    Then there is an a**pull to "oh Sylvanas you were right?!? And thanks for shooting that arrow btw" and she'll get full high elf reuniting with her sisters to create a new high elve era.
    Or just wait until she gets rescued by a (Bronze) Dragon and teleported to the Dragon Isles... to find a relic that can stop the Jailer. He he.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    "Thanks for all info Sylvanas, I hope you will have fun in Revendreth" proceed to chop her head off

We all can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Or just wait until she gets rescued by a (Bronze) Dragon and teleported to the Dragon Isles... to find a relic that can stop the Jailer. He he.
    That idea sounds like a fascinating twist.

Or the dragon is Murozond in disguise, and he's only helping us to further his own malevolent plan; not to rule reality, but to end it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    That idea sounds like a fascinating twist.

Or the dragon is Murozond in disguise, and he's only helping us to further his own malevolent plan; not to rule reality, but to end it entirely.
    That would at least make sense. He has to start his plans at some point since we already ended them.

- - - Updated - - -

9.1.5 then will be finding soul shards of many who were broken by Frostmourne, Arthas' soul itself being one of them.
    Did you forget this week? We were in that room and only took Uther's.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised if Arthas came into it during next week's questline. If anything, I could see him in a 9.1.5 or 9.2 quest chain where we have to save other soul fragments & his turns out to be one of them, similar to what we had with Uther this week
    If they really wanted to include the other Frostmourne fragments into the story, they would've done so this week.
    As we JUST entered the exact place those souls were held, and we left them all there (for some reason) and just took Uthers with us.

Formerly known as Arafal

Hopefully next week will clarify whether we are "done" in the Maw. That alone should be interesting for the story forwards. Has the Jailer abandoned the Maw, or does he still have direct control over it, or are there even lieutenants that are commanding his armies for him.

For Arthas I guess a big question now would be whether the soul share the Jailer used IS Arthas, whether it's just a part or even if the rest of Arthas is jailed somewhere else.
    Assuming Arthas is trapped in Kingsmourne I predict a storyline where we have to venture into the sword somehow to defeat whatever chains Anduin, and possibly even Arthas. Most likely in the form of a raid mechanic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!