Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    i mean im not a successful player, but if a 10+ year raiding veteran worried about where the game and his shit was potentially heading, there's nothing wrong with that. It's the same if you dedicated your life to Diablo. People don't want to lose their things, so hopefully the servers and IP don't go anywhere
    It means you're putting your personal gameplaying enjoyment ahead of the victimizing of these female staff members. That said abuse is a price you're willing to pay for your games.

If you don't like that conclusion, engage in some self-reflection about your priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What you're implicitly saying, here, is you want women to continue being victimized, if that's the price necessary for you to play a few games online.
    Sent from my iPhone

15+ Year Old Account
    Winter's Veil will be renamed to WilmerHale (lawfirm) from now on.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are you remotely surprised, when some of the first questions about the lawsuit were "But how will this impact patch releases".
    It's a particularly stupid stance to take, as abused employees aren't going to be all that productive. Dead employees, even less so.

So take all the time you need to cut out this malignant tumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's a particularly stupid stance to take, as abused employees aren't going to be all that productive. Dead employees, even less so.

So take all the time you need to cut out this malignant tumor.
    Let's not pretend the crowd that puts games over human lives is bright enough to realize that abuse is bad for deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Sent from my iPhone
    Someone felt attacked. Adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Someone felt attacked. Adorable.
    Whose feeling attacked? I just pointed out someone's hypocrisy. For someone who apparently cares about others he sure consumes alot of Disney and other horrible companies content.

Whose feeling attacked? I just pointed out someone's hypocrisy. For someone who apparently cares about others he sure consumes alot of Disney and other horrible companies content.
    Sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Sure thing.
    Given the fact thats what my response to his post was......

Sorry I hurt your feelings for some reason.

Would it have been better had I said "what makes the other guys love of playing Blizzard games worse than your love of Disney shows/films?"
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-08-04 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the fact thats what my response to his post was......

Sorry I hurt your feelings for some reason.

Would it have been better had I said "what makes the other guys love of playing Blizzard games worse than your love of Disney shows/films?"
    The fact we wouldn't lose sleep if the Mouse went bust due to them being emblematic of our post-capitalist hellscape whereas y'all are losing your shit at the barest possibility Blizzard might go bust because it has a culture of sex pests?

The 'Mister Gotcha' arguments continue to be silly as shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The fact we wouldn't lose sleep if the Mouse went bust due to them being emblematic of our post-capitalist hellscape whereas y'all are losing your shit at the barest possibility Blizzard might go bust because it has a culture of sex pests?

The 'Mister Gotcha' arguments continue to be silly as shit.
    You are still giving them money and consuming their content with a happy little smile on your face. You ain't losing any sleep after watching Mulan, or Loki, or Starwars, or insert one of the million other disney franchises. And I'm not losing my shit. Did I say I care if Blizzard gets shut down? It would certainly suck but atleast Wow's story couldn't get any worse. I was just pointing out a hypocrite.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-08-04 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are still giving them money and consuming their content.
    Okay, and? The only hypocrisy would be if people were calling people out for saying "but what about the games" were opposed to Disney being investigated/being dealt consequences for its misbehavior because they didn't want its movies to stop being made.

Considering no one is doing that, the Mister Gotcha argument continues to be silly and inane.

I was just
    Being a contrarian pest, we know. It doesn't justify the ridiculous "anyone who has ever consumed a product or service that has been produced under ethically questionable circumstances has no right to complain" because you aren't actually concerned about any apparent hypocrisy, your issue is that people are talking about it period.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-08-04 at 10:53 PM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Okay, and? The only hypocrisy would be if people were calling people out for saying "but what about the games" were opposed to Disney being investigated/being dealt consequences for its misbehavior because they didn't want its movies to stop being made.

Considering no one is doing that, the Mister Gotcha argument continues to be silly and inane.

Being a contrarian pest, we know. It doesn't justify the ridiculous "anyone who has ever consumed a product or service that has been produced under ethically questionable circumstances has no right to complain" because you aren't actually concerned about any apparent hypocrisy, your issue is that people are talking about it period.
    No hypocrisy is saying some dude not wanting his game shut down because of some horrible stuff is worse than you while you are perfectly fine watching Disney and paying for products. He doesn't need to play blizzard games just like you don't need to watch disney shit. Pretty sad how you are trying to justify buying Disney products still just because every horrible shit they do gets swept under the rug after a few months.

But yeah him supporting a game where women were sexually harassed is totally worse than you buying a cell phone where they gotta put up suicided nets so many people killed themselves because you are ok if the company goes out of business. You'll still buy all the products but if they were to go under you would be ok that makes you a good person and him immoral.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-08-04 at 11:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You are still giving them money and consuming their content with a happy little smile on your face. You ain't losing any sleep after watching Mulan, or Loki, or Starwars, or insert one of the million other disney franchises. And I'm not losing my shit. Did I say I care if Blizzard gets shut down? It would certainly suck but atleast Wow's story couldn't get any worse. I was just pointing out a hypocrite.
    But you're not though...both comments (you and Endus) are assuming or accusing the person in question of something they didn't actually say. In your case, you're even adding an entirely fictional scenario.

"Does Yuppie value a commercial good/service over the issues a company has?"
    "Does Endus criticize companies for their faults, while ignoring other similar situations?"

What if they said no? Then what? Nobody got-got and it's needless combative digging to hope someone maligns themself by replying in a way to prove the instigator right. But you aren't until they actually do.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing, Mr. Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    No hypocrisy is saying some dude not wanting his game shut down because of some horrible stuff is worse than you while you are perfectly fine watching Disney and paying for products.
    But would not give a shit and start going "woe to me" if Disney went belly up as a result of its horrible stuff. That's the difference. QED.

Also, piracy is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Maybe taking the fun out of making video games wasn't such a bad idea. All you fuckers who were screeching about it are complicit in upholding Blizzard's frat boy culture.

If people can't have fun making video games without sexually harassing their co-workers...the problem is with them...not with "fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    But you're not though...both comments (you and Endus) are assuming or accusing the person in question of something they didn't actually say. In your case, you're even adding an entirely fictional scenario.

"Does Yuppie value a commercial good/service over the issues a company has?"
    "Does Endus criticize companies for their faults, while ignoring other similar situations?"

What if they said no? Then what? Nobody got-got and it's needless combative digging to hope someone maligns themself by replying in a way to prove the instigator right. But you aren't until they actually do.
    You are right I do assume Yuppie values the goods over the issues in Endus's scenario.
    Is my scenario fictional though when Endus clearly watches all the marvel stuff and gives Disney his money?

Saying people shouldn't eat meat because it hurts animals while investing in Slaughterhouse USA and eating burgers from mcdonalds is being a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sure thing, Mr. Gotcha.
    What's the point of your post? If he is immoral for wanting a game he likes to not fail then how immoral is it to support companies where dozens of people kill themselves ?

But would not give a shit and start going "woe to me" if Disney went belly up as a result of its horrible stuff. That's the difference. QED.

Also, piracy is a thing.
    You are still consuming their products and supporting them. You aren't really a vegan if you tell people not to eat meat but still do just because your ok if meat was banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are still consuming their products and supporting them.
    By pirating their products. Sure, Jan.

You aren't really a vegan if you tell people not to eat meat but still do just because your ok if meat was banned.
    You seem to be confusing criticising people resisting investigation or consequences because of attachment to a product with telling people not to consume the product. Lol.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-08-04 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of your post? If he is immoral for wanting a game he likes to not fail then how immoral is it to support companies where dozens of people kill themselves ?
    There's a pretty damned big difference between "I oppose anything being done to resolve these issues if it impedes my enjoyment", which is the position I was arguing against, and "I will simultaneously push for conditions to be improved while continuing to exist in society", which is what you and others are attacking me for and claiming to be "hypocrisy".