Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You would think that would have an impact, but Ion raids Mythic and the game is boring, soooo.
    Should probably dispense with the idea that hiring the best players in the world to make the game is a good idea. I'm sure it'll make for the best raid or m+ content content.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Hate to break it to you but your not paying a subscription for the promise of future development of WoW. Your paying to access the game as it is. And last I checked they didn't take down the servers so you are entirely getting what you payed for.
    You are confusing two different things: what subscribing legally entitles one to, and what motivates people to subscribe.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You are confusing two different things: what subscribing legally entitles one to, and what motivates people to subscribe.
    Add in: what the money is actually used to pay for.

And yet, legally, that is EXACTLY what your paying for.
    I'm not talking about legally. Do you think more people would leave, or less people would leave if they said that they were not developing the game, but still requiring $15/m to play the game?

Any form of entertainment is a value proposition, wow is no different. If the value is not there, or people are paying MORE and getting LESS, they will lose even more users

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I'm not talking about legally. Do you think more people would leave, or less people would leave if they said that they were not developing the game, but still requiring $15/m to play the game?

Any form of entertainment is a value proposition, wow is no different. If the value is not there, or people are paying MORE and getting LESS, they will lose even more users
    if you don't think its worth your money then cancel your sub. But this entire exchange stems from someone (cba to go back and check who it was) saying that players deserve free game time because the WoW team took a little time off in response to learning about the widespread harassment and discrimination happening at Blizzard, because if their not working players shouldn't have to pay a sub.

Which is bullshit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Do you consider Ion Original?
    Why would anybody?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

if you don't think its worth your money then cancel your sub. But this entire exchange stems from someone (cba to go back and check who it was) saying that players deserve free game time because the WoW team took a little time off in response to learning about the widespread harassment and discrimination happening at Blizzard, because if their not working players shouldn't have to pay a sub.

Which is bullshit.
    If the game isn't being developed then they should seriously consider the option to remain in good faith with their community, who they also let down.

But the internal workings of a company should have no consequences on the service they provide to their consumers, if they wish to charge the same price.

I already cancelled my sub, which runs out in a couple of months. I don't expect to pay for a meal at a restaurant that only gave me half of what I thought I was getting because the chef wasn't feeling up to it.