Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Nothing wrong with taking the necessary time to launch with a finished product. What was in beta wasn't it. Close, but it wasn't it.
    There has been no MMO that has been launched that has actually been ready to release, at some point it just needs to be released because it will get constant work done on it anyway.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    7 year old ESO is more polished than an MMO that releases in a month? Color me shocked.
    But that is the problem with trying to break into the MMO market. You are competing with 7 years of ESO polish and over a decade of WoW polish because those games are still on the market being played and receiving content.

If I try to sell you a new car today I can't sell you a Ford model T and then complain that we haven't had 100 years of polish like modern car companies.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So they did delay it after all huh, mb one of those suits read my last post and realized this is no time for jokes, NW does have a legit chance of becoming something equal in the ranks of FFXIV/ESO (wow is on backburner lets be real), very good.

I had no thought or expectation NW was gonna be out in August.

I enjoyed the beta a lot. Granted I didn't level far at all because i didnt want to burn myself out. The pvp was a lot of fun the wars seem like they'll be fun. Wonder what kind of changes we'll see after the month delay

I suppose it's for the best in the grand scheme of things. I still haven't actually had the chance to try the game out since I didn't want to spoil myself in Beta, but if it gives them extra times to smooth out additional bugs and technical issues then hey why not. Seems like a pretty cool game with potential if handled well.

I ended up refunding this game. I just don't think they are gonna fix the issues the game has by the time it launches even with an extra month. Games got good foundation to be a good pvp game, but servers need to be less plentiful and much bigger, while also countering with systems in game to help faction imbalance. I just see this game going through a lot of nightmare growing pains, specially when it comes to what I've just mentioned. I can already hear the cries when server merges happen and peeps stuck for 4 months. I didn't touch any of the pve dungeons so don't have anything to comment on that.

It's sad because I think it really could be a good game, but by the time they get there, I fear it'll be a dead game.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Well, damn. Now I wish I tried last week's Beta. It just got delayed again to September 28th.
    It's not a bad thing, the game needs polish. Honestly, I would prefer them to release in the holiday season.

It's cute that people think they delayed the game for measly 4 weeks to fix the bugs and issues they haven't fixed the entire year during alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    So they did delay it after all huh, mb one of those suits read my last post and realized this is no time for jokes, NW does have a legit chance of becoming something equal in the ranks of FFXIV/ESO (wow is on backburner lets be real), very good.
    In no way will it be a rival or competitor to any of those games. The moment people get tired of the extremely limited and boring combat and the massive lack of content they'll jump ship. And this will happen the latest at the end of the year, more likely after around 3-4 weeks after launch when everybody hit max level and realizes there's just nothing more to the game than you've seen at the first half of leveling.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's cute that people think they delayed the game for measly 4 weeks to fix the bugs and issues they haven't fixed the entire year during alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

In no way will it be a rival or competitor to any of those games. The moment people get tired of the extremely limited and boring combat and the massive lack of content they'll jump ship. And this will happen the latest at the end of the year, more likely after around 3-4 weeks after launch when everybody hit max level and realizes there's just nothing more to the game than you've seen at the first half of leveling.
    Jesus man. Every MMO becomes boring at some point. The game seems fun to a lot of people and has promise. Its not gonna surpass the giants but I m pretty certain it has a place in the current market. I personally had a lot of fun and its the only MMO I can see myself playing casually alongside XIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok, it won't fix any systems and such, but at least it will clear some bugs and maybe tune up server performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Jesus man. Every MMO becomes boring at some point. The game seems fun to a lot of people and has promise. Its not gonna surpass the giants but I m pretty certain it has a place in the current market. I personally had a lot of fun and its the only MMO I can see myself playing casually alongside XIV.
    How much have you played in beta? Did you reach max level? Did you reach level 30-35 at least? That's where the unfun starts. People claiming how good this game is, but have only played until level 20 or what, don't know anything about the game yet as the chores start later on. Sure, if you love the bare bones combat at level 5 you will like it later on as well, but don't expect more than what you get in the beginning as there simply isn't more.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

How much have you played in beta? Did you reach max level? Did you reach level 30-35 at least? That's where the unfun starts. People claiming how good this game is, but have only played until level 20 or what, don't know anything about the game yet as the chores start later on. Sure, if you love the bare bones combat at level 5 you will like it later on as well, but don't expect more than what you get in the beginning as there simply isn't more.
    105 hours here, hit lvl 60, had a blast the entire time and cant wait for the release. People enjoy different things

I played to 42. Don't remember how many hours I m at work now so I can't check. Had a very fun time. Sure quests were repetitive but it's the same in all MMOs. I really enjoyed the different elements the game mixes and the familiar simplicity of it. Will I get bored at some point? Probably. Do I still think the game is good and will be at least moderately successful? Yes.

I reached level 60 twice in alpha from scratch and I think it was around level 40 this last beta.

Your argument does not make sense. If the gameplay is engaging to a person then total hours or level (in this case) are irrelevant.

The gameplay is largely the same from level 1 to 100 in Path of Exile, for example. But doesn't stop myself and others from rolling new characters from scratch every 6 months or so and doing it again for hundreds of hours.

The only thing that matters in video games, the absolute only thing, is gameplay. Every single post or argument that asserts or states otherwise here or else where is 100% incorrect.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played it at all but at the end of the day... you play games for... fun...

An MMO doesn't have to be engaging forever to have fun with it. If it stops being fun you should do yourself a favor and stop playing it. Way too many people sink thousands upon thousands of hours into games, locked up in achievements and other things, shit on the very game they play and still play the thing. I'll get people jumping down my fucking throat for saying this, but a good portion of people sinking time into FF14 (new people who have never played it at all) will find that there might not necessarily be infinite amount of things to do once they finish leveling through all of it's expansions, try out it's dungeons and potentially sink time into raids. Does that mean it's a bad game? No, they just haven't reached the point where you can run out of things to do because the game has 8 years of content to get through.

New world to me looks interesting enough and I spent several hundred hours in FF14 before getting bored of it for various reasons. I don't know if I'll pick it up or not but if I buy a game and have fun playing it for a couple dozen hours or more (usually add a bunch more time to multiplayer games on the value scale) then I'd call it a success. Whether it hooks me beyond that is entirely up in the air, but if at least leaves an impact it's something I could see myself picking up in future patches if the first impression was good enough.

I played the Star Wars MMO and beat the main campaign and never went back to the game, but I'd still say the value was worth it in the two months I've played. Dubious whether or not GW2 was worth the purchase though because I honestly thought the game was trash and only played it because a few friends played it.

Fun is the keyword though and first impressions are pretty critical. If I try out New World and quit after a month of playing it but have a good impression with it, it's something that will be on my mind in the future. If I don't try it and hear that it's bad from some of my friends who are super hyped up about it, then I'll probably pass.

Video games are not a value proposition of bucks per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Video games are not a value proposition of bucks per hour.
    Agree with this, but people kind of expect "enough" playtime for their money (and obviously it's different for everyone).

But in the end it comes to your previous point: gameplay is king. If gameplay is good for a player, and has fun with it he will spend all the time on that game. End of story.

Most of the times the "i didn't get enough for my money" can be translated into "i thought the game was different and i didn't like it in the end" or "it was fun at the beginning but it got boring fast". Which means you didn't get a game you like, not that the game is objectively bad. You cannot know until you try unfortunately. I wish demo and beta were more open to the public and not just hype trains.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree with this, but people kind of expect "enough" playtime for their money (and obviously it's different for everyone).
    Its kind of insane the sheer number of people I come across who seem to think that if a game doesn't consume all their free time for months and months and months while only having to pay a normal if not cheaper box price then its not worth their time.

Like I had recommended hellblade to a bunch of people especially closer to when I first played it saying that its an amazing game worth every penny despite it only having about 6-8 hours of game there. But people just can't wrap their heads around dropping upwards of 30 bucks for 8 hours of game.... but will then turn around and spend 30$ for a 2 hour movie with some popcorn.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.