Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    +~6-8 (M+)Dungeons added on top of the initial ~8 (M+)Dungeons over the course of the expansion.

-Proper crafting - that is also connected to:
    Housing/Guildhousing.

-Old content should scale up to a certain level that is relevant to 10.0 heroic-dungeon ilvl and drop materials for the current expansion used for crafting.

-more balance patches and
    -more interesting class design (rotations, talents). Dead talents you *never* pick shouldn't exist.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-05 at 05:32 AM.

1. Mythic 10-man raids
    2. Systems: less than half the systems we have today.
    3. No dailies, only World Quests!
    4. No Stygia or any other arbitrary currency tied to sockets.
    5. Flying allowed in Pathfinder Part One.
    6. Expansion setting in either or both Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms.

PS: I can dream right?

This May have already been mentioned before and can only really take place when Timewalking Legion comes into the rotation, but Timewalking M+, get a key from generic complete 5 time walking dungeons guy. Go back and complete Legion M+ during the week, experience M+ with the 3 chest system in the Legion Mythics again. Keep this a running thing from 10.0 onwards so no matter how many expansions go by, players can experience old M+ content when its timewalking week. Not sure how the gear rewards would look, maybe let it reward the equivalent of the current normal raid tier any key over +10, tie in some achievements, mount / titles / transmogs for completing 15's perhaps? On that note when its Pandaria/WoD timewalking we could get the option to redo the Challenge mode dungeons, maybe with a recolour on the transmog weapons and Armor sets we got back then

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What is your TOP #1 wish in terms of systems, non-lore related content or game modes for 10.0 (non gear altering or player power and stats altering borrowed power systems that is, of course, since we know how much players love those, lol)?

I'll start:

Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics. I think this would also be a great community building tool.

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, talent tree reworks allowing for sub specs based on combat style...etc
    There is OFC only one, waaaaaay before everything else!

NO „SYSTEMS“ !!!

Back to Azeroth, and lower the stakes a bit.

I would like an expansion where not everything is "Victory or the end of the universe", i don't know what it would take to go back down from "Defeat world-ending threats before breakfast" to that, but taking things down a bit to a more down-to-Azeroth level would make a nice change.

Also, less bleak zones if possible, Warcraft used to be big, bright and colourful, almost action-figure style, so much is drab, grey (Red in Revendreth), and bleak these days...

I want WoW: A Realm Reborn.

Admit that mistakes were made and put in the work to overhaul the game and bring it up to modern standards. No expense spared. I want to see a credits list of people that worked on the game that beats the Guinness world record held by FF14. It will require a dev team with humility and a sense of personal honor, which may call for a shakeup of the team and someone with real passion for the game AND the franchise to take over. Basically, a Yoshi-P for WoW.

Rebuild all classes. Talent system. No borrowed power.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    A tour of old raids? Why would you need a veteran player to do that? A tour? You can go yourself and clear it by yourself. A tour???
    You literally ignored the rest of the sentence, if you're going to argue and try to dunk on someone then don't be disingenuous about it.

The full statement
    "Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics."

10+ Year Old Account
    that flying can be earned at some point during 10.0

More small patches with story and items. Doesnt have to be main story at all.
    More shirts
    Make the world feel alive by crowding cities, towns and zones with NpCs. Scripted small events. For example: once every third hour, Alexa goes to a cave and feeds wolf-pups

Player housing. That's it. The writing will never get any better, don't delude yourselves. And the borrowed powers are here to stay.

I can live with all of that for the next 15 years if you just give me some housing and some stuff to build and decorate it/collect.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Back to Azeroth, and lower the stakes a bit.

I would like an expansion where not everything is "Victory or the end of the universe", i don't know what it would take to go back down from "Defeat world-ending threats before breakfast" to that, but taking things down a bit to a more down-to-Azeroth level would make a nice change.

Also, less bleak zones if possible, Warcraft used to be big, bright and colourful, almost action-figure style, so much is drab, grey (Red in Revendreth), and bleak these days...
    Thats why I keep going back to classic EK/K. Heck, sometimes I log on and play my lower lvl classes on totally dead classic realms just to get the feeling of this wast and big world with so much lore. Theres alot going on in every zone, but its not "do this or the universe explode". Alas, I was late to the classic party and now the servers are totally dead so that kind of sucks..

-7.1.5+ legion with no titanforging
    -capstone progression like mage tower/azeroth’s champion
    -stop setting the pacecount during the initial forays into content, around tip of the spear players (the rest of the population is already way behind these people so why make things obtuse and annoying?)
    -bring back master loot with 75-80% guild membership
    -no season cap to valor, be able to buy gear
    -api changes to see full pvp match history for that expansion and all prior expansion data as entirely possible (see starting and end cr/mmr; date; damage/healing done; who played; what map; gear, talents, system selections, etc).
    -actual wpvp with over 100 players
    -flying in the initial patch, earnable around 2-3 months into that
    -ensure no “oops this spell was supposed to scale with mastery but hasn’t for months thing” ability issues go in at launch
    -tooltips that show pvp info BEFORE entering pvp (and a centralized database for this in game)
    -more ui info
    -more native modulation of UI
    -source location of an item/gear natively in tooltips (basically my big use for all the things)
    -no auto-application of raidmarkers/says/yells by players using bigwigs/dbm/weakauras (so basically prevent something like autoassign for azshara decrees). I’m ok with other addons
    -intuitive gearing (haste is my bis stat and I feel like I got pretty solid gameplay at X % mostly, so I am going to gear around that).
    -let addons interact with the group finder again, bring back auto-accept
    -tell in a standardize way how abilities do damage in tooltips
    -for people that got mop/wod cm teleports and will get SL 20s teleports make those account-wide (I know that I won’t benefit from this but greater ease of travel and not being beholden to sticking a class you don’t like cause it has ease of travel/functionality).
    -introduce spell animation transmog to earn like they should have for in bfa using rank 4 essence animations (like unbound force animation replacing arcane missiles, breath of the dying replacing smite, etc). Make it fomo, but when expansion ends reduce drop rates to being like mythic boss mount drops.
    -add vanilla era zones back into the game with zidormi

And likely many more things

I'd like lower stakes like a lot of people.
    I'd like a more familiar surrounding, on Azeroth.
    I'd like some fun 'theme zones.'
    I'd also like the narrative to take a step back in how important we are. It might be a little weird after we're being called the savior of all existence, but we should go back to being one of several (known) heroes that are out there. Like if you were officially a part of wow lore, someone else might spot you as an npc and be like "oh, that person!".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Also, saying "there are multiple approaches to this problem" without mentioning any example whatsoever is meaningless. What are those other "multiple approaches"?
    I was in a hurry, you understand. Despite what some posters claim that shitting on wow is my entire life, I don't make some dumb game my entire personality and i have plenty to do elsewhere.

Sooo the potential solutions. As I see them.

Borrowed power:

Pro: There is always something interesting (?) and new to do to progress your character
    Con: They will take away your powers and resell them as talent choices if they are popular enough, or replaced with something different if not.

Regular ass abilities:

Pro: Continued linear progression with no feeling of getting weak at the start of expansions.
    Con: Eventual ability bloat, especially if you have a console version.

New Systems (same as the borrowed power, expect the systems stay. Like imagine SL with still using the artifact weapon and the heart of Azeroth)

Pro: The advantages of the other two.
    Con: System bloat that makes the game way more convoluted eventually.

Masteries from GW 2 (Weird geographical borrowed power giving stuff for that region specifically)

Neither of these is wrong, and neither is really correct. So it is only a matter of what the players prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Return to Azeroth, no need to visit other planets/planes.

Remake let’s say 6 zones and add a few others.

Remove borrowed power systems.
    That would be awesome, especially since the Cataclysm is long over they could really make some changes to the World as well as give the Night Elfs a suitable home or let Teldrassil heal...

Would be nice to give the old Azeroth some new life!

Return of valor tokens or some currency to get gear with.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Flying enabled from day one.
    Once reach max level then yes. Its funny that SL flying didnt change a thing and is hardly something.. honestly.

The no flying in Oribos and the way flying works is just pointless. I hope they never do something like this ever again.. its 2d Argus cardboard all over again and an easy way out to not fully create it, but instead surround orribos in 2d elements so it looks cool, but saves time. They did exactly the same with Thorghast, that tower is not even IN the freaking game.. its just a cardboard in the sky.. like wtf. Wotlk atleast build the citadel and you were able to fly to it.

Anyway.. Ot:

* I would say no more borrowed powers.
    *Huge continuation on custumizations, they dropped the ball hard in Sl and every one could feel it. See my sig for this. The feature gave me a sour saste and to think what was possible.
    *New class, yes I said it. New classes bring us something entirely new to play.. I realy miss this for some reason. Its boring.

*New features or gameplay that isnt tied to some weird progression/timegate. Mage tower and brawlers guild are examples that just lets you do these things and get cool rewards, without it being tied to some class or spec system.

*Glyphs, expand on this.. realy. There are so many spelleffects in the game and could be super cool for rp aspect of this game that its just sad we can not do more then give us a glow on the paladin mount or to change into a orca as druid.

*Capitals. Yes I believe they need to be involved and this would mean more lore on races within the horde and alliance. Give us a reason to be there, but also give us a reason to go out in the world. Maybe with help.from players you are able to build barder shops or transmog shops in cities that dont have it yet. Or build cannons on top of walls what ever. Feel proud to be an elf, human, troll or gnome.

*Get rid of dailies.. instead just give us new quests every couple of days or so to continue the story. The lore is so sparse if you remove all the timegating that it just feels weird there isnt much to gravitate on tbh.

*And finnaly ( so far) enough with all this cosmic shit. Now that it feels less of a thing me as a player is there in the final moments.. it should be about me in this big story hence I would like more focus on a more personal level. The story has always about its people//races and expand on their surroundings. More grounded, back to Azeroth expansion would spark my interest. I want to know how the races are doing and hie the world has changed. Explore the final parts of Azeroth.

Edit: pvp, I still have the same opinion as since the start of Sl.
    The damage players do in pvp and actually still one shot people is just boring and just flatout bad for any one who wants to step it.(cant believe I am saying that, but sadly its true) the longer fights in arena where it felt getting a perfect cc chain realy mattered felt way better. Sure popping your cds and burst some one down can feel great, but the situation pvp is right now is hardly better then corruptionlol.
    Sure opinions on dampen games or quick games are there, but there has to be some middle ground in this. I have no sollution for it tho.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-05 at 10:23 AM.

Things I would like:
    - New class
    - A less alien setting, for now. While I really like weird settings, if they're too overdone like in SL (all is alien) they lose their impact.
    - More character customization

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yeah, that's been working out. What more do you want? We've already been to draenor, to freaking space, to the land of the fucking dead. This isn't StarTrek. What exactly is nostalgic with Shadowlands? It feels the least connected to Warcraft of all of the expansions, just with two-bit cameo's sprinkled in. I'd take WoD over this shit any day.

No I take it back, I want us to go to space again and discover a group of humans, energy beings, and bug like creatures fighting an eternal conflict.
    That's kinda the whole point. We keep pegging ourselves back to the past. The whole of Shadowlands is a throwback to all the various people we met. Vashj, Kael, KT, Garrosh, Draka, Uther, all the other named npcs who died along the way. We need to start bringing in new characters, new big bads. Otherwise we're just going around Azeroth and doing the same thing with no progress made after all.

So yes you get the idea. You may be sarcastic about it, but there right there is adventure. New things to be found. New people to meet. The writers can finally freaking write something new. They have to start bringing them in now so they have the time to develop. These things need time to develop. We're not going to care if they bring in someone and then go and kill them off in one expansion. They should have at least started Zovaal at least two or three expansions ago, then there's more of a chance that we would have cared more about Zovaal and what he's trying to do and cared more about trying to stop him.

And we don't have to deal with the new big bad now. Think of characters like Wrathion. He played a part in the story in the past, and we can bring him back after a few expansions,. I agree we can go back to Azeroth for 10.0 or even 11.0 just to occupy time for the next big bad to move things in the background. We need to see that happen and not repeat the mistake they made with Zovaal. And make it abundantly clear who they are and the threat they pose. We don't want riddles and rhymes and flavour text hinting at it.

Then when it's time to finally deal with them, it won't be rushed or forced.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2021-08-05 at 10:45 AM.