Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    That's kinda the whole point. We keep pegging ourselves back to the past. The whole of Shadowlands is a throwback to all the various people we met. Vashj, Kael, KT, Garrosh, Draka, Uther, all the other named npcs who died along the way. We need to start bringing in new characters, new big bads. Otherwise we're just going around Azeroth and doing the same thing with no progress made after all.

So yes you get the idea. You may be sarcastic about it, but there right there is adventure. New things to be found. New people to meet. The writers can finally freaking write something new. We're not going to care if they bring in someone and then kill them off in one expansion. These things need time to develop. If they're not going to start now, and they should have at least started Zovaal at least two or three expansions ago, then there's more of a chance that we would have cared more about Zovaal and what he's trying to do.
    If its to new there is no connection either.. they should start with building new character so we would even care if we see them again. There is nothing of that right now..
    It will be hard since this should have been a thing already way back. I cant think of any new characters right now that I am like I hope we see them again on azeroth, besides kael and Vashj, which is ironic since they are not new.

15+ Year Old Account
    no borrowed power, no crafted and upgradeable legendaries, bring back the good old raid legendaries and make tier sets for raiding and PVP.

make crafting items a viable option again.

They had it almost 100% in wotlk and have gone off route since.

TLDR: Tier sets, raid legendaries and BYEBYE borrowed power.

10+ Year Old Account
    1- death of token wow
    2- death of cash shop or sub, one needs to go
    3- death of lfg/r

and last and least important
    4- no more cosmic bullshit, back to Azeroth for us, maybe another 'outland' experience (argus for example was great), but SL specially feels most alien for wow

honestly reading comments, sadly there are a lot of good points that need change (like tier gear back, masterloot, borrowed power system, etc)
    it saddens me because it shows how much problems wow has, they are a lot
    congratulation activision, u fucked a HUGE part of my childhood and my best fucking memories, FUCK you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    They had it almost 100% in wotlk and have gone off route since.
    i love wrath most, but i think wrath need 2 tiny adjustments
    1- fuck cash shops
    2- fuck lfg (i still beat myself mentally how 'happy' i was i can finally run a dungeon at 2:00 am, no more must do daily at rush hours... idiot)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Full-fledged housing with tons of decorative items to gather from old expansions and other means (professions, drops, quests...) and a lot of customization options for it.

It probably won't happen but that'd be one hell of a way to retain some players in my opinion since most of the current remaining playerbase isn't staying for the raids, PvP or other competitive things but mostly for collecting stuff (pets, toys, mounts, achievs...).

It would be right up their alley.

Could you imagine having a trophy room where you could mount the head of end tier bosses ? Bronze frame for lfr, silver, gold and some special platinum frame for mythic. Armor stands where you could place your own armor sets and weapon racks to display your transmog weapon collection. I would cream my pants.

The break point where there is so many players losses that the community start to become less toxic by the fear of losing its game forever

Oh yeah, for the person who gated valor upgrade to mythic+ tiers fired.

For the most part I'm quite content with the game as it is. Ideally though changes I can think of would be:

1). Reduction in systems. I feel a significant barrier to people returning is what feels like an overwhelming amount of new systems to learn. It's also just not that enjoyable and feels like it limits your ability to play your character.
    2). More transmog options, variety is the spice of life! Take some of the restrictions away would be a good starting point. Cosmetic rewards from challenging content like the old mage towers seems to be a very popular request.
    3). Less "mandatory" chores such as Torghast. These should offer things like cosmetic, mount and item rewards primarily. Tying a chore that takes a fairly significant time for a working individual with other responsibilities with player power is frustrating if you don't enjoy the content. I do actually enjoy Torghast when I'm ranking up in difficulty and it's challenging but it quickly becomes boring. Everyone has different opinions on this but regardless, it shouldn't feel mandatory.
    4). I'd love a 10 man mythic raiding option but I understand this might possibly dramatically increase workload for Blizzard, I'm not knowledgable in this area. But I've always preferred having a smaller team and it's much easier to manage in today's world.

Lads to raid with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nobody said anything about wow2. Read with comprehension.
    It doesn't matter whether it's WoW 2, or StarCraft Universe. As long it's a new MMO it will flop in the long run and if you just want them to keep making whatever non mmo games then why are we still having this discussion on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    It doesn't matter whether it's WoW 2, or StarCraft Universe. As long it's a new MMO it will flop in the long run and if you just want them to keep making whatever non mmo games then why are we still having this discussion on these forums?
    Nobody said anything about MMO either. And why, its pretty simple. It cannot be saved. As long as it's any mmo including next wow expansion it will flop.

When you gradually replace artists with carpenters you really can't expect works of art.
    And WoW simply tried to cater to everyone so no matter what carpenters do, it will piss off one or the other part of customers.

Its time to let go.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Never played tank I don't intend to.
    Don't worry. As I said to someone who "reminded me" of specs/barding: IDC. Not all specs can tank and I want to water walk. Get rid of dazed, it's annoying and only serves to be as such.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Could you imagine having a trophy room where you could mount the head of end tier bosses ? Bronze frame for lfr, silver, gold and some special platinum frame for mythic. Armor stands where you could place your own armor sets and weapon racks to display your transmog weapon collection. I would cream my pants.
    We already had this.. sort of. Remember the statues you could place on killing mythic blabla what ever in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    We already had this.. sort of. Remember the statues you could place on killing mythic blabla what ever in wod.
    Yeah, but thats like 3 small rather insignificant statues you barely saw. I was thinking more about fully fledged trophy rooms. One for each expansion, where you could decorate it yourself.

Obviously something like this would never happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    New Systems (same as the borrowed power, expect the systems stay. Like imagine SL with still using the artifact weapon and the heart of Azeroth)
    Okay. First of all, you did not list anything that I did not already list.

Second of all, this sentence makes no sense. The systems of Legion and BfA did not stay. The artifact weapons and the Heart of Azeroth stopped working. They are borrowed powers.

And, honestly, I have not played GW2, but from that brief, overly simplified description you made, it sounds awful in my opinion. Forcing me to rework my character's build and/or rotation depending on which zone I am. I don't want to have different playstyles for my character depending on the zone I'm in.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I would love for next expansion to be a return to Azeroth / a world revamp expansion, if possible with a time skip of 10-20 years. This would allow players to rediscover the old world through a soft reboot of the franchise, as I do not think WoW 2 will ever happen. If not all regions can be available at launch (since this represents a lot of work), some would be added during patches (for example there could be Stranglethorn, Lordaeron and Silithus patches, each with their individual storylines, somehow building up the threat for 11.0).

All old content would only be available through Chromie and Caverns of Time, same goes for Pandaria and WotLK, and current EK and Kalimdor zones would be merged into meta-zones and completely revamped with HD assets, textures and brand new questlines (untied to some big expansion-specific threat so that they can remain relevant in the future).

As for systems, no more borrowed power, no more convoluted progression systems, a return to simpler and more sound systems. Also, I would love a return of master loot as I really dislike the current system. A return of mage tower challenges would be fantastic as well, I really enjoyed those during Legion.

As for the rest of the game, more character customisations for races and classes, updating old armor sets, items and mounts with HD textures.

Ion fired. This means focus on casuals, not elitist.

I want the time jump idea to be true and I want the time jump to be significant; perhaps 15-20 years. I'd like another expansion where the big threat is more localized and not cosmic in nature as well. Heck, I'd even be really interested in an expansion where all the leveling zones had their own end game stuff. Instead of a big single bad guy. Zone stories have always gone well in my experience. Let's take a break from gods, dragons, and cosmic beings and get into some gritty zone stories that have big developments patch over patch.

Heaven forbid we had say... 5 zones, each with their own 4 boss raid and maybe the story each patch ADDED to that raid in some fashion? Won't happen, but I think it would be fun to mix it up that way for an expansion or two after a time jump and build up new NPC stories and characters.

Put some resources back into the game like they did for Legion, only this time not to sell us an overhaul of the game's reward systems but just to make the game palatable again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single raid difficulty. Larger raids.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Unpopular opinion - I'm personally satisfied with WoW because I play it for its top notch raiding and instanced group content.

What I'd wish for is a massive increase available transmog options and unlock all (or at least most but the complete impossible) race/class combos. I think Transmog armor options should be unlocked for the closest possible armor type (i.e Cloth can mog into Leather, Leather into Mail or Cloth or both... etc).

In my opinion, if someone wants to be a "Draenei" or even frikkin' Lightforged Warlock and use DH pieces as a mog with staff mogged to 2h sword, then really why the heck not. This alone will give this game immense amount of options for causal and hardcore players alike.
    Its not unpopular, WoW Raiding and instanced content is good as always, the issue is borrowed power systems that are built around that content.
    I feel like "old" WoW had good competitive note but also it was way more fun due to far less (or none at all) borrowed powers and options that we had to gear us up.

What i would like to see:
    Before all - Fix your goddamn writting! The heck are they doing with the writing, so much untapped potential in this expansion.

1. Removed "upgrade loot" trading lock.
    This is self explanatory. If i get a pointy stick with higher ilvl but with stats that doesnt work for my spec i want to trade it to someone within the party that could use it when it dropped.
    No reason to DE or, even worse, vendor high level drop because its stats are way off.

1a. If they insist in above system staying in place, return Reforging.
    Reforging an item with stats that are off to somewhat useful if i already cant trade to players in the group which were there when it dropped makes that item at least useful. But i guess this will, as above, shorten gearing curve which blizz is so hard trying to maintain.
    Slower gearing - less content stays more relevant for longer period of time - more challenging - more grindy.

2. Back to Azeroth and old zones.
    With layering/shard system that we have in place some iconic zones could be brought back to life again, not just stormed trough as leveling zones.

3. Loosen up transmog locks.
    Tho i know it will never happen because blizzard said that they want us to be able to identify classes visually in PvP, i like the idea of quoted post.
    I would like to make a step further and say - remove weapon transmog locks too. Let us transmog whatever weapons do we want, 2h, 1h or even 1hx2 to any class that we want, but following the rule that 1h weapons can be dual wielded, 2h weapons can be only dual wielded by warriors.

With the rework of spells that happened in WoD pretty much all specs got locked into their specific class weapons with having their main spammable spell requiring specific type of weapon. It led to the point that with Shadowlands people praised returning of SMF warriors and 2H DKs. I didnt understood why as this is something that was there previously for quite long time and just removed at one point.
    I, for once, used Morpher tools since WoD just because of this, i really dont like the visuals of WoW 2H weapons and the way they lay sheathed on the back.
    Pair that with a bit comicy look of character animations and it simply didnt clicked for me. I used Morphers to give my ret paladin, survival hunter and DK dual wield swords or daggers, dressing them in mostly mail or leather sets etc etc.

4. Layered outfits.
    With WoW being as is currently after almost 17years i finally managed to pull my self off it and take step backward, seeing that there are other games beside WoW that scratch that social/mmo/gearing itch.
    While exploring these games i run into so many things for which i was "this would be cool in WoW"
    One of that features are "layered outfits" aka full transmog gear + weapons that stay on character even after pieces of gear are swapped.

5. Way/option to change spell animations/particles a bit.
    This is maybe most ambitions idea. After almost 17years looking at same, or slightly updated, spell animations and particles its getting a bit.. stale.. Adding something like "attunement relics/gems" to characters that would be PURELY cosmetic would be cool.
    Waaay back, forgot which expansion, blizzard presented cool idea of cosmetic "relics" that would be upgraded over time and their animation changed, going to higher level.
    Those relics, or even gems, could be used as "attunement" to specific magic/elemental attribute.
    If i want my Ret paladin to be Sith lord i could just slap on him "Libram of Dark Whispers" or on my rogue "Dagger of the first Assassin" for more redish/darkish note to spells.

6. All QoL previously mentioned by people as Flex mythic requiring less than 20ppl, more meaningful crafting.. etc etc.

Theres few more, but those are, for instance, the ones that i would like to see the most.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2021-08-05 at 09:24 PM.

At this point I'd be happy with fucking useful crafting professions.
    Same with SL as with the otger recent expansions, I haven't been able to craft a sibgle piece of gear that was an upgrade over what I was wearing. Not while leveling, not at level 60. At best that gear is only useful to alts or people late to the party.