Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    But still, there are so many options out there and if those doesnt fit the role you are trying to fill, there is a Store that sells "normal" clothing for real money.

Personally, i still use some plates from 1-50 ranks, because i love how they look and also i love to color them as i like. I think sets and unique items cant be colored right?
    I think I am currently using a level 70, Steampunk-esque Glamour plate. It's pretty cool, it has a top hat and everything, but i have been looking for a change. I also have a lot of Glams for my pally, even a link themed one, which I am pretty proud of BTW. Almost all paladins sets are amazing.

It is worth saying that I play a Lalafell, and honestly, it feels great to be a potato.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

1+ Year Old Account
    So far I like the being able to dye clothing, customization (somewhat), armor not being 2d...

other than that, its mostly negatives. Maybe there will be more things I like later on, but right now its not much...
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I don't think that it matters that much that this thread is about positive things. When you discuss things you like about something it is just natural that you discuss a couple of things you don't like. Unless you want to be pedantic about it and say: ONLY GOOD THINGS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE.
    If you want to mention a few things you don't like that's fine, but coming into a thread about positive things and listing like 10 negative things and 1 positive thing is clearly trolling and offtopic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that i see that your portrait is LINK, from Zelda. I actually made Zelda as my Alt character, check this out:

I love how the armor + character looks on this game. Its so friendly in terms of making awesome looking characters with no efford.
    That is a pretty cool cosplay. Check my link:

https://imgur.com/X6VywOk

The systems that promote positive socializing... even something so little as a commendation system which gives achievements both ways is nice.

Also not having any addons, its supposedly bannable if you harrass someone over bad dps so dmg meters dont seem as popular which is nice. (it shouldnt matter in dungeons anyway, they are easy as it is... even in WoW the dungeons are easy)
    Tbh FFXIV doesnt even need addons since the interface can be customized so well.

Transmog system is also better implemented...
    And classes are much more unique from eachother in gameplay and not just animation colors.

Also golden saucer seems great, havent had time to go there much yet due to doing MSQ all the time... but it can be used everyday instead of once a month like darkmoon faire, and outside of that WoW has nothing like it so theres really nothing to compare it to.

Its still early and everything is new so only these few things are something that i doubt will change overtime, atleast for a little while.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG!, You nailed it!. Mini Link!. Is your main character?
    Yup! Not my main class, even though my paladin is lvl 80, I play my scholar the most. Really excited to see how the sage will turn out.

By the way....is the a way to share my saved "appearances" to my friends?. I want to share to one of them, the Highlander i made, because i'm really good at creating characters...
    • Open windows explorer. Navigate to Documents > My Games > Final Fantasy XIV
    • Copy the .dat file of the character appearance you saved.
    • Send it to your friend.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not only the terrible quality of Shadowlands, but also the fact, that the Japanese once again remind us, that they are the true creators of RP games like these. Once i started playing FF14, i immediately reminded me of Dragon Warrior from Nes. And also Zelda games. They really know how to make games like this, and i will stay with them for as long as they provide good quality content.
    I'm really not sure why you quoted me to do a blog post about why Japanese games are your favorite but cool!
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

For me the big difference between the two games is how much I want to play.

If I'm enjoying the game it's reflected in how much I play. In WoW my friend and I do our dailies then I log off.

My problem with FF14 is: will this chunk of time be enough?

I was, and still am, WoW player for almost 17years now (since day1 of EU servers) and i dont believe that i will ever stop playing WoW.
    First and foremost im playing it for the social aspect - A LOT of people that i met trough my life are in WoW, some crazy friendships and even crazier e-romances happened there and good bunch of them is scattered all over the world.
    Next is instanced content. And in downtime i occasionally hunt for transmog pieces that i want to have in collection.

However, for last 2-3years WoW is no longer my "daily driver" not only for me, but also for my friends.
    We are migrating from game to game, GW2, FF14, ESO.. in each game each of us finds something interesting and we are now divided in smaller groups across the games that we play, but again keep tight via Discord.

Im more of occasional FF14 player, im more migrating between ESO, GW2 and, recently, New World (which looks like it will finally be "place to call home" for whole band of friends) so my opinion maybe wont be on point, nor that much relevant for FF14 topic it self.

In FF14 i can play completely different "Job" class just by pressing a button. Has housing, intricate crafting and great community.
    In GW2 my attacks change depending on weapon that i use. Well.. it has.. Its GW2 and classes are fun in it! Also Fashion Wars.
    In ESO i dont even have to have ANY class abilities on my bars... ESO is literally merge, for me, best parts of above two games into one. Housing, fun crafting and quite good community.
    In New World youre just a human. As human you learn to use different weapons with different skills. Crafting and gathering is super fun, havent tried housing yet, and there quite nice endgame. Imf however i MUST state that game it self need more baking time, its a excellent base and good foundation to build upon, it just needs a bit of polish and more content.

In WoW you are just a rogue, a warrior, a priest. You are just ONE thing and ONE thing only, that doesnt change much no matter how you play your class.
    With all transmog limitations put in place, crafting not being relevant as much (or all together tbh) only "hooks" are mythic dungeons are nicely designed raids.
    In addition.. WoW story is all over the place to the point that i feel completely disconnected from my character. Its no longer "my avatar in that world" its just frame which i use to play the game.

Thing that i learned while playing all these MMOs is.. wow.. WoW it self is WAST, BIG place and theres ALWAYS something to do in it due to sheer amount of content that it has, HOWEVER man, its such a limiting game not only in character advancement, progression and growth but also in the feel of making progress it self. There is always something that you need to grind to unlock/level in order to be able to more effectively grind other content to unlock/level something in addition to something else in order to upgrade your shiny legendary that will probably be balanced out of meta next patch.
    With all the borrowed power systems that are constantly and intentionally time gated to prolong longevity of the content WoW feels more like a chore and less like "daily driver," a game that i enjoy spending time in for few hours (after all fatherly/husbandly things are done).

And shards of domination... shiny, most recent, example how much game Devs and Lead are disconnected from community and dont give 2c about any feedback pushing trough with their "Bioware magic" mentality.

- Takes 60 levels before combat isn't boring: Wrong again, the real game starts after level 20 in MSQ. Once you get here, you have everything you need, from Mount to Retailers and INN + the ability to travel everywhere. flying is unlocked at 60, but you really dont need it at lower levels, you just need to teleport anywhere you need. After level 60, you get into Heavesward and the story is what it gets better.

- You slide around when you use any animation, alot of the animations suck: Nop, If WoW actually have half of these animations, my character in WoW would actually look far more better than just a robot. Even in ElderScrolls Online, you are able to unlock personalities, WoW on the other hand, has really poor and old animations that no longer fits today standards.
    Your first rebuttal literally has nothing to do with what the poster said. He said it takes 60 levels for combat not to be boring. He really isn't wrong. A lot of jobs play AWFULLY before level 50, and some even worse until 60.

Your second point is also wrong. You absolutely slide around while using animations and it's jarring to look at even as a veteran who's been playing for almost 8 years. Do "a lot" of the animations suck? That's his opinion, and I don't share it. Rather than try and act all high and mighty and say he's wrong, ask for specific examples and why they feel that they suck?

And how hard is to get into level 30?....Not at all!. Is super easy to get to level 30, they even give you a ring with +30% experience to help you on that + food xp bonus.
    People dont get it, that you level super fast on this game. All the time during my time doing MSQ, i was ahead of the level requirement for the quest.
    Gameplay at level 30 still sucks. It does get better, but still sucks. Gameplay at SB+ is usually pretty solid though.

If you dont like the game, then dont move into the game, simple as that.
    How would they know if they don't like the game without trying it? I hate to use Asmongold as an example, but he regularly ragged on the game in the past, and he's thoroughly enjoying it now that he's trying it. He has gripes and complaints like we all do, but he's surprisingly level headed and fair about them and he's earned an iota of respect from me for it.

Instead of gatekeeping, dial the zealotry down a few degrees and participate in the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Seeing some of the things players come up with is fun in terms of cosplays. Did one of Kite from .Hack for Halloween last year.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...002046_685.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...002147_264.png
    Legitimately impressed with this. Nice work man. The detail is on point.

I dont know where is the "all Class/Jobs" sucks at lower level thing.....but WoW is even worst. Under 60 is still noob level, what is the surprise about it?. You havent unlocked all your abilities yet. So i dont get it why the complains you posted.
    You can go from 10 to 50 in 10-15 hours levelling through any expansion after Cata. You can get to 50 in 4 hours if you do an extremely efficient levelling path. Shadowlands 50-60 questing content is 10 hours. So in the span of 14 to 20/25 hours, you can get to max level and have all of your fun class mechanics unlocked and actually start using them in dungeons and raids. Whereas in FFXIV, even if you do the most efficient playthrough possible, you're not going to be using your fun class mechanics until at least 200+ hours into the game. WoW classes become fun to play in 10% of the time it takes for FFXIV classes become fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You can go from 10 to 50 in 10-15 hours levelling through any expansion after Cata. You can get to 50 in 4 hours if you do an extremely efficient levelling path. Shadowlands 50-60 questing content is 10 hours. So in the span of 14 to 20/25 hours, you can get to max level and have all of your fun class mechanics unlocked and actually start using them in dungeons and raids. Whereas in FFXIV, even if you do the most efficient playthrough possible, you're not going to be using your fun class mechanics until at least 200+ hours into the game. WoW classes become fun to play in 10% of the time it takes for FFXIV classes become fun to play.
    What's amazing about your comment is that WoW has convinced you that less content is better. That's effectively your point: "FF14 has 200 hours of leveling content! WoW has 10 hours of leveling content! WoW rocks!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    None of this is really a counterpoint, though. It's just all the usual talking points about how WoW is bad and complainers should just go back.

XIV gameplay at low levels is exceedingly lackluster. It doesn't need to be qualified with anything, nor does whataboutism change it. It's just how it is.
    FF14 is simple at low levels. Lackluster is a loaded phrase. Whether this is good or bad is entirely subjective. As someone with tons of MMO experience, it was quite a bit of a slog for me. However, for a couple of my friends that had never played MMOs there wasn't an issue to notice. Juxtapose this against WoW. When my wife tried WoW she was so overwhelmed with abilities a half an hour into the game that she was completely turned off and quit.

So, this is entirely situational and people need to stop acting like its an objective downside to FF.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    What's amazing about your comment is that WoW has convinced you that less content is better. That's effectively your point: "FF14 has 200 hours of leveling content! WoW has 10 hours of leveling content! WoW rocks!"
    Nice strawman. I never made any comment about the amount of content. The question was about how long do people have to play their game before their class becomes fun.

Nice strawman. I never made any comment about the amount of content. The question was about how long do people have to play their game before their class becomes fun.
    Correction: Becomes fun *for you*.

I'm not sure if it would feel great in FF to have your full kit at level 30 and then have 50 more levels and dozens of hours of no new abilities.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I've recently started down the DoH/DoL rabbit hole. I thought I'd just level Leather working to get all the skins out of my bag...

Suffice to say with the interconnected nature of gathering and crafting jobs I'm now leveling them all.

I've got 3 combat jobs at 50 and I'm just taking a msq break to level gathering and crafting. I'm sure I'm horribly inefficient but it doesn't really matter, which I think is great.

Also starting the GC party minigame, which I've heard rumors is required at some point in the msq.

2 things I wish for:
    Better inventory management and crafting from any inventory, like saddlebag or retainer.

Wow's UI functionality. I'm sure it's taboo to say but if this game had wows UI it'd be the perfect game for me personally.

Good story and fun gameplay aren't two mutually exclusive things.

The question was about how long do people have to play their game before their class becomes fun.
    That's impossible to answer since "fun" is subjective. How long does it take in Fallout 4 until your character becomes "fun"? How long does it take in any RPG before you've built up your character to the point that it's fun and then what do you do?

For real, fuck Asmongold. I didnt start playing this game because of him. I started playing FF14 because its the best of all MMO's out there.
    I never said you did so I don't know why you feel the need to mention this. You also didn't actually answer my question. How is a player supposed to know FF14 isn't for them if they don't try it?

I dont know where is the "all Class/Jobs" sucks at lower level thing.....but WoW is even worst. Under 60 is still noob level, what is the surprise about it?. You havent unlocked all your abilities yet. So i dont get it why the complains you posted.
    Val already answered this ands covered it, but I'll add some more. WoW gives you a huge portion of your kit at level 10 when you pick your spec. That's dramatically different than FF14's ability accrual methodology. Very subjective which is better, per @NineSpine's comment earlier, but it's easy to see why there's a rift.

The MSQ is part of the problem + the experience needed. But still, i have seen players with more than 1 job/class at max level. So its not really that impossible to get as soon as possible to max level.
    Of course you've seen players with more than 1 job at max level, some of us have been playing the game for almost 8 years lol.

I'm missing something by not being at Max level?
    Yes, significantly more interesting combat and job design.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's impossible to answer since "fun" is subjective. How long does it take in Fallout 4 until your character becomes "fun"? How long does it take in any RPG before you've built up your character to the point that it's fun and then what do you do?
    While it's certainly subjective, the fact that it's a common point (jobs are boring till above 50, wait till later when you get your whole kit or man I hate getting Sashtasha I only have 1 button this sucks, etc) that is brought up frequently across all forms of feedback/media. I wouldn't say it's impossible, it's pretty widely accepted it gets more fun at higher level, therefore it's not impossible to answer, but you can say, XYZ expansion onward as a general rule of thumb and be right more often than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Last time I leveled my toon in WoW, it took me 2 years to get to max level, by completing every quest in game. 10 hours is a theoretical possibility, you have a choice between 10 hours and 10 000 hours in WoW.