https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...sive-star-wars

They are referring to an interview.
    That's a "it could happen" not "all things in What if are canon to MCU"

And it certainly doesn't specify Peggy Carters return as Captain Britain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's a "it could happen" not "all things in What if are canon to MCU"

And it certainly doesn't specify Peggy Carters return as Captain Britain
    Yeah, that's them not closing doors, not them saying everything that happens in What If is absolutely canon.

It pretty clearly isn't. They just don't want to shut any doors if some particular story gets a TON of fan engagement and they decide to make it work for real.

Only Marvel could get away with a series of fan-fictiony backdoor pilots and call it an actual television show.

And then measure actual fan engagement to decide whether to greenlight the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Only Marvel could get away with a series of fan-fictiony backdoor pilots and call it an actual television show.

And then measure actual fan engagement to decide whether to greenlight the pilot.
    Maybe, but I absolutely loved the What If stories when I was a kid and couldn't help but get excited that they're actually going to turn these into shows.

My favorites involved the X-men (eg. What If Wolverine killed the Hulk, Phoenix survives etc.), but they were all fun.

At least they're based on some original ideas.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Press X to doubt
    have you watched loki yet?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It's not really that weird. In television, they will do a mini-series, a made for tv movie, or have a new character show up in an existing show to gauge interest in making an actual series. They call it a "soft pilot". If that character/mini-series/movie is well received...they will often greenlight an actual pilot. If it's not well-received... than at least it wasn't as costly as producing and marketing an entirely new show that flopped.

that isnt what what if is, its not like the comics, its one continuous storyline and will have a season 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    Maybe, but I absolutely loved the What If stories when I was a kid and couldn't help but get excited that they're actually going to turn these into shows.

My favorites involved the X-men (eg. What If Wolverine killed the Hulk, Phoenix survives etc.), but they were all fun.

At least they're based on some original ideas.
    its not the same as the comics, its basically a team of multiversal avengers
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you watched loki yet?
    Loki doesn't say anything about "What If...? being canon. All it says is that there is a multiverse. Everything in "What If...?" exists in another universe, or timeline if you prefer. The primary MCU timeline is Earth 19999. The primary Comics timeline is 616. The Ultimate Universe was 1610. Every "What If...?" episode will exist in it's own timeline.

You might as well say that the comics are "canon" to MCU as well by that line of thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

that isnt what what if is, its not like the comics, its one continuous storyline
    No, it is not. It is an anthology series.

Loki doesn't say anything about "What If...? being canon. All it says is that there is a multiverse. Everything in "What If...?" exists in another universe, or timeline if you prefer. The primary MCU timeline is Earth 19999. The primary Comics timeline is 616. The Ultimate Universe was 1610. Every "What If...?" episode will exist in it's own timeline.

You might as well say that the comics are "canon" to MCU as well by that line of thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is not. It is an anthology series.
    the comics are an anthology this isnt

- - - Updated - - -

this video is an early review that makes more sense

- - - Updated - - -

basically a darker version of doctor strange gets a team of multiversal heroes together

the comics are an anthology this isnt
    According to the executive producer...it's an anthology

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/do...1_02c60f04.pdf

Marvel Studios’ first-ever animated series also features the voices of a host of stars who reprise their iconic roles in the MCU—though their characters’ journeys promise to be wildly unique. “It’s an anthology,” says executive producer Brad Winderbaum. “The Watcher introduces us each week to these alternate storylines—each a kind of cautionary tale in the spirit of ‘The Twilight Zone.’ We bounce around genres and tone—some episodes will be dramatic; some will be tragic or comedic.”

According to the executive producer...it's an anthology

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/do...1_02c60f04.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

theres scenes shown in the trailers where peggy talks to the version of strange who killed the ancient one and party thor and killmonger are with the guardians in the remake of the avengers scene and explains how it might be building up to marvel zombies/ultron and secret wars

- - - Updated - - -

theres scenes shown in the trailers where peggy talks to the version of strange who killed the ancient one and party thor and killmonger are with the guardians in the remake of the avengers scene and explains how it might be building up to marvel zombies/ultron and secret wars

There may be an episode that brings some of these characters together from those alternate realties...but that still doesn't suggest a "continuous storyline"

We'll find out for certain next week.

In meantime I will remind everyone in the thread that these are theories...not anything actually stated by anyone involved in "What if..?" or even working at Marvel at all.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-08-06 at 07:57 PM.

This was the last "What if" I recall reading;
    Unsurprisingly the answer was depressing
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-08-06 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Image is not displaying...maybe it's just me.

Image is not displaying...maybe it's just me.
    It's me...forgetting stuff. Made a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...F_Vol_1_27.jpg
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...l_1_27_001.jpg

Scaling them down seems to break the links

It's wiki being wiki....

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Interesting that Shang Chi won’t be getting a premiere+ release after the ScarJo situation.
    I read its an experiment to see if it would do better at the box office than Black Widow's Cinema/Disney+ release.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

They said it was due to contractual obligations and the ability to make changes until release day…. That last part is sus, the first part lines up with ScarJo telling them they can’t break these agreements.
    I call BS on that first part because if it did matter than BW should have gotten the same treatment as Shang Chi.

… that’s kinda the point of the lawsuit. And it’s why Disney would change course and specifically call it out so that they don’t get sued by anyone else.
    Or just trying to avoid the bad optics of doing it again, either way my opinion is that Shang Chi is going to do just as bad at the cinema. And by not releasing it on D+ will show that ScarJo made out better financially by having BW release on both. So Disney can show that off in the upcoming court case. But thats just my conspiracy theory.