Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah funny how people upset that women got harassed at Blizzard, had no problem with harassing a women, sure she is a really terrible human being and i wished she never joined Activision Blizzard but harassing is still harassing.
    Defending war criminals is... interesting hill to die on.

Good, she alone was a PR boogieman

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    If she'd played for the other political team, you'd be singing a slightly different tune. Just to be clear, I wasn't happy with Townsend (or the Bush administration) when it was current news.
    Nice assumption m8, but my take is that pieces of #$&@ are still pieces of #$&@ no matter if they are wearing a red tabard or a blue one.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah funny how people upset that women got harassed at Blizzard, had no problem with harassing a women, sure she is a really terrible human being and i wished she never joined Activision Blizzard but harassing is still harassing.
    That's... A real odd hill to die on, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Defending war criminals is... interesting hill to die on.
    Clearly you cant read since i didnt defend her, i pointed out its a funny way to show rage against women being harresed by harrasing a women.

It fully possible to demand that Activision Blizzard fire her or to point out why they need to fire her to them without harrasing her.
    Last edited by Raven; 2021-08-07 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    The harrasment campaign at reddit worked.

They really, really hate women in tech.
    She was the one with a completely tone deaf response pretty much telling people to be quiet and was one of the only one who activily wanted to challange all the lawsuits, didnt care for the victims at all and is at the height of corporate evil, so much so that even bobby kotic called her out pretty much

Clearly you cant read since i didnt defend her, i pointed out its a funny way to show rage against women being harresed by harrasing a women.

It fully possible to demand that Activision Blizzard fire her or to point out why they need to fire her to them without harrasing her.
    You seem to have difficulties understanding the difference between harassment due to gender and "" harassment"" duento choices, decisions and actions.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I wouldn't say its crumbling. It's doing what it pretty much needs to in order to survive. I mean it's obviously taking a big black eye pr wise but this is the reality of what goes on at a lot of gaming companies that they weren't willing to honestly look at and take any steps to curb. Eventually it comes home to roost.
    Their image is crumbling fer sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Blizzard is in no way shape or form in any danger of being dethroned, crumbled into nothingness or anything of the sort. This is Blitzchung 2.0. In three months, people will barely remember this whole thing. It get that it feels uneasy now while we're smack dab in the thick of it but this is something Blizzard needs to work out internally and no amount of Twitter/social media grandstanding will have much of an impact on the ultimate outcome. (Restructuring of management within the company, outwardly facing commitments to "improve diversity," and Bobby Kotick in the business of people who've gone a long time without him being in their business.)
    I agree but right now we're talking about brand image, money and sponsors like tmobile, coca cola and state farm "taking the distance" from blizzard.

The money interests are way too big - reason why they have to change things around and get customers back. We'll see what this means; they making money and the games being good are not things that go always together. I for sure don't expect any doomsday scenario to happen.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I absolutely love your post. So true!

Gaslight
    Gatekeep
    Girlboss

The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You seem to have difficulties understanding the difference between harassment due to gender and "" harassment"" duento choices, decisions and actions.
    They don't have trouble understanding that. They are simply saying that there is no reason to harass a person over either one. That you can convey dislike for a person with out actually harassing the person.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

If that's your take away from all of this...
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I don’t even consider her a woman, she’s a monster. This is the lawyer who fought for torture because she could

She’s not there for any noble purpose, she’s their entirely to break the backs of the workers further and make it impossible for them to unionize

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I don’t even consider her a woman, she’s a monster. This is the lawyer who fought for torture because she could

She’s not there for any noble purpose, she’s their entirely to break the backs of the workers further and make it impossible for them to unionize
    Well if you go by the wikileaks stuff, she there for even more nefarious reasons.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Well if you go by the wikileaks stuff, she there for even more nefarious reasons.
    This is the woman who shamed America by arguing for the legality of torture of prisoners. Nothing would shock me

most americans supported torture and the iraq war
    they signaled as such when they re elected bush in 2004
    blaming her for having a position that the majority of the population has dosent make much sense

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    blaming her for having a position that the majority of the population has dosent make much sense
    No. You are wrong. Only a very very very small amount of Americans would support torture. And most Americans didn’t support bush in 04, the democrats just put out a turd candidate thinking it was a cake walk because he was so profoundly unpopular by 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    wtf, this is some holocaust apologist level nonsense. "well most of the German's supported the NAZI's so why are you guys mad at Himmler?" get out of here.

moving on, her having a melt down and deleting her social media after people correctly pointed out she's a war criminal was *chef's kiss*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    For clarity she is not "at" Blizzard, she's at Activision Blizzard. Very different for the sake of the debate that's going to happen.
    They are one and the same company, have been for years now.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I agree but right now we're talking about brand image, money and sponsors like tmobile, coca cola and state farm "taking the distance" from blizzard.

The money interests are way too big - reason why they have to change things around and get customers back. We'll see what this means; they making money and the games being good are not things that go always together. I for sure don't expect any doomsday scenario to happen.
    I'll probably get flak for this but I think the number of customers leaving over this situation is vanishingly small. That is to say that I don't flaw anybody whose moral compass compels them to stop supporting Blizzard; just that I think there is a lot of exaggeration of the actual impact in today's social media driven society.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Their image is crumbling fer sure.
    Not really crumbling so much as has been damaged and now they are trying to address it. The manner in which they are doing so is what people are watching now. They aren't the first company that's had to address these kinds of problems. The interesting part is how their own employees are reacting to it.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2021-08-07 at 03:21 PM.