10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - August 6, 2021

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - August 6, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Demon Hunter
      • Resolved an issue that caused Blood Moon (PvP Talent) to dispel two Magic effects from the initial target.
    • Druid
      • Fixed an issue where Lone Empowerment (Kyrian Ability) was not granting additional Mastery via Kindred Affinity (Runecarving Effect).
    • Monk
      • Resolved an issue that allowed Monks to activate Transcendence: Transfer while crowd-controlled by certain types of effects.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Timewalking
      • Increased experience earned from Timewalking dungeon completion by 50%.
        • Developers’ note: There was a bug introduced in 9.1 that caused Timewalking to give much more completion experience than the UI advertised, ramping up more the lower-level the base expansion was, which is why this wasn’t noticed with Warlords of Draenor Timewalking a few weeks ago. The intent is for all Timewalking weeks to give comparable experience – we put in a quick fix last night and have deployed the proper fix today. We also took the opportunity to recalibrate Timewalking experience and increase it.

Items and Rewards
    • Shards of Domination
      • The tooltip for Shards of Domination bonuses have been updated to more clearly indicate that the Rune Words are only active in the Maw or related areas. This is a tooltip change only.

Burning Crusade Classic
    • The Midsummer Fire Festival has been configured to run for 16 days, in order to give players a little extra time to complete its many quests. This means that Burning Blossoms, which expire after being held for 14 days, may disappear if they were collected in the first two days of the event and then never spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Increase the event duration by two days...but don't increase the duration of the Burning Blossoms by the same amount? I don't get the reasoning behind that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's only comparable to running a normal SL dungeon, then I'm still taking a pass on the TW dungeons. Just not worth the extra hassle, which the bugged XP compensated for IMO.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Gotta try TW again today then. In WoD week it gave almost twice as much xp than a normal did, have to see how the difference is now then.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Increase the event duration by two days...but don't increase the duration of the Burning Blossoms by the same amount? I don't get the reasoning behind that.
    Oversight I would guess
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Did they honestly say "we saw people were earning too much XP in Timewalking, so we 'fixed' it... but then people pointed out how we fun-policed that, so we buffed XP again."

Maybe next time don't jump to "fix" something that isn't exactly broken, deliberate on it a bit and realize yes, you don't have to fun-police everything. Being flip-floppy just makes it seem like you don't know what you're doing there.

It wasn't really a 'fix'. Timewalking used to give that much XP and runs were really short, certain dungeons could be completed in about 8 minutes with a decent group. Then blizzard 'fixed' timewalking in BFA, turning everything into health sponges and nerfing XP gained from dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Did they honestly say "we saw people were earning too much XP in Timewalking, so we 'fixed' it... but then people pointed out how we fun-policed that, so we buffed XP again."

Maybe next time don't jump to "fix" something that isn't exactly broken, deliberate on it a bit and realize yes, you don't have to fun-police everything. Being flip-floppy just makes it seem like you don't know what you're doing there.
    Shoulda just waited til the event ended to hotfix imo

Still no nerfs for Holy Paladin, still no fix for dancing mob issue while tanking as a Guardian Druid. Nerfing XP gain from timewalking is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    If it's only comparable to running a normal SL dungeon, then I'm still taking a pass on the TW dungeons. Just not worth the extra hassle, which the bugged XP compensated for IMO.
    Running a TW dungeon gives more XP than the SL one does currently.

Shadowlands End of Dungeon XP = 49,950
    TBC TW End of Dungeon XP = 79,950

That's not including if the mobs give more XP or not since they commented on "We also took the opportunity to recalibrate Timewalking experience and increase it". Now whether that just means End of Dungeon or the mobs as well I'm not 100% sure.

Honestly, it was broken. Doing 3 TW dungeons to go from 55-60 was a bit too much. So it's not a matter of "fun policing" it as you want to put, but a matter of it being over tuned. 1 level per dungeon is one thing albeit probably slightly too much, but ~1.66 levels per dungeon is definitely way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    It wasn't really a 'fix'. Timewalking used to give that much XP and runs were really short
    No. Timewalking never gave you ~1.66 levels per dungeon. Yes, it was about 50-75% of a level, but not ever 160% of a level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

No. Timewalking never gave you ~1.66 levels per dungeon. Yes, it was about 50-75% of a level, but not ever 160% of a level.
    I meant the actual value. 500k-ish xp for completion seems about right for what timewalking used to give, but that was 550k out of around 800k xp needed to level.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    I meant the actual value. 500k-ish xp for completion seems about right for what timewalking used to give, but that was 550k out of around 800k xp needed to level.
    Ah, gotcha! That makes a bit more sense then. Thought you were trying to say it gave the same % overall.

Like my thoughts on this were this.

If this was not their intention, I think they should have left it as it is for the week. Then come in next week and let people know that this was not intended but decided to leave it for the week, but moving forward, it would be adjusted appropriately. Doing so at least lets them get feedback on the fact that the exp was bigger and people were enjoying it. On the other hand, when people see bugs like this, some get a little concerned because there is no documentation of this change so people are hesitant to do it in fear or being suspended or banned for taking part in it, so if they waited till next week to say something and they change it then, then people who waited now will feel like they wasted that time.

I am not sure where people gets all these crazy XP values from... I leveled up 4 characters trough the WoD Timewalker and I got on average 75% of a level per dungeon. Having shot up my DK today; I averaged 60-65% of my level per dungeon so I'd say this works. Let us for ONCE Just appreciate that Blizzard listened and while not reverting fully; at least went somewhat back on a totally unnecessary change.
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2021-08-08 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimpson View Post
    Like my thoughts on this were this.

If this was not their intention, I think they should have left it as it is for the week. Then come in next week and let people know that this was not intended but decided to leave it for the week, but moving forward, it would be adjusted appropriately. Doing so at least lets them get feedback on the fact that the exp was bigger and people were enjoying it. On the other hand, when people see bugs like this, some get a little concerned because there is no documentation of this change so people are hesitant to do it in fear or being suspended or banned for taking part in it, so if they waited till next week to say something and they change it then, then people who waited now will feel like they wasted that time.
    Exploit early and often, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    I am not sure where people gets all these crazy XP values from... I leveled up 4 characters trough the WoD Timewalker and I got on average 75% of a level per dungeon. Having shot up my DK today; I averaged 60-65% of my level per dungeon so I'd say this works. Let us for ONCE Just appreciate that Blizzard listened and while not reverting fully; at least went somewhat back on a totally unnecessary change.
    If you read the blue post that is quoted they say that the WoD dungeon’s XP multiplier was not nearly as high, which is why they did not notice the bug on WoD week. So you wouldn’t have gotten as wildly high XP then.
    Last edited by perkocet; 2021-08-07 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Still no nerfs for Holy Paladin, still no fix for dancing mob issue while tanking as a Guardian Druid. Nerfing XP gain from timewalking is more important.
    Ya know you’d think they’d have used the season change to finally do something about it, but nope: at this point it’s just ridiculous that they’re still so far ahead of every other healer. It’s absurd, really. Just being them down.

Anyone remember before launch when all those top people everyone listens to said paladins would be useless in mythics and the worst healer?

Hahhahahahhaha…. Just think about that when you’re listening to those guys. They are NEVER innovators and have a complete inability to think about how
    Things will end up. It’s always them seeing some rando using it and doing better than they adopt it.