Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Flying is the best thing added to this game for a lot of people, there's no two ways about it. For the ones complaining about "diminishing world pvp and danger", here's a nice video to get you up to speed with reality as to how that works in classic TBC and how much players actually like it (hint: for the majority, not at all when it turns into a gank-fest that doesn't let you do anything). But hey, flying is killing all the amazeballs world pvp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isv2UgW_iPs

sorry op that you cant gank people 10 levels below you.
    try arena maybe?
    or you know what: use your 60% ground mount.

"mimimi other people do stuff and i dont want that" -op

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    In this example, let's say mining nodes in open world. Theres limited node spawns so dude on the 280% flyer is gonna get a higher % of them compared to the dude on ground mount. If I "simply choose not to fly", then I'm rarely getting nodes because the flyers are sniping them. If flying didn't exist and we were all on ground mounts, I'd be getting more nodes.

Tbh I don't really care abt the subject, but I understand the logic of it.
    And there have been so many cases where I am faster, and fight a mob on the node, and the slower one picks my node while I am occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    For the ones complaining about "diminishing world pvp and danger"
    I think there is a fundamental difference between "world pvp and danger" and a multitude of people killing you until you virtually log off.

There are people that enjoy the sense of danger, but when you have virtually anybody interested in PvP going into the open world and hunting down the enemy faction, that's crossing a line.

Imagine if you ask someone whether they like chocolate, they say yes and then people keep shoving them chocolate into their face at every opportunity they get.
    I'm sure those people weren't lying before when they said they like chocolate, but i think most sane will people then start to despise chocolate.

Shit didn't happen in Classic until Phase 2 and people started to hunt the enemy faction day in and out - even before World PvP still happened, because people were fighting over resources / quest objectives, etc..
    Shit just gets problematic when you put a target onto the back of every single player of the enemy faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    here's a nice video to get you up to speed with reality as to how that works in classic TBC and how much players actually like it (hint: for the majority, not at all when it turns into a gank-fest that doesn't let you do anything). But hey, flying is killing all the amazeballs world pvp!
    Considering that the whole ganking situation has been mostly resolved due to same faction battleground, i think most people that are the minority faction transfer for two reasons currently:
    (1) It's more difficult to play the game when fewer people are around, it's a huge difference whether you can draw up to 1k players or 3k players.
    (2) Blizzard has done little to nothing to improve the situation, so people are now simply reacting much faster because it won't get any better.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-07 at 12:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can’t tell if OP is serious or not. Flying is by far one of the most beneficial quality of life changes added to the game. And it doesn’t trivialize anything. Once you get flying, you’re being rewarded for paying the gold you did to zip around (fast or slow) avoiding stuff you want to avoid. That’s personal choice. Last I checked, unlocking flying didn’t delete your ground mount. It’s a personal choice to mount up. You can still walk or ride your 100% mount. Purist and hardcore players can still do that.

This is the same ridiculous argument people make for literally every game ever that introduces an optional feature they can choose to not use, but because they lack a single morsel of self restraint, they seemingly MUST use said feature and it’s “RUINING TEH GAME!!” Same shit different day, and the argument doesn’t hold water, just like it hasn’t, ever.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Anyone trying to mine.
    Anyone trying to herb.
    Anyone trying to fish.
    Anyone trying to farm outdoor mobs.
    Anyone trying to do world PvP.

Try doing any of those things with flying vs. without and tell me nobody has an "edge"
    However commendable your effort, it isn't worth it against these bots repeating that disingenuous shit point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    However commendable your effort, it isn't worth it against these bots repeating that disingenuous shit point.
    It is also absolutely a failure of an argument.

Fly while farmng. Simple. Only a troglodyte would want to mount and run to the next node for fun. That's sadism.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    It is also absolutely a failure of an argument.

Fly while farmng. Simple. Only a troglodyte would want to mount and run to the next node for fun. That's sadism.
    The problem, really, is that people turn that argument around and try to slap people in the face with it.

"Oh well but *I* enjoy slowly slogging my way from mine node to mine node! It's unfair that I lose profit to people who fly, therefore EVERYONE SHOULD STOP FLYING."

Which is nonsense. You're free to enjoy things one way and not another, but that doesn't give you license to demand everyone else ALSO enjoy it that way. On the surface, "I like not flying" is as much (or as little) of a legitimate argument as "I like flying", and vice versa; hence they're both fairly useless to bring into the discussion.

It's kind of like saying "I enjoy taking a leisurely walk to work, but no one will hire me because I keep coming in 1 hour later than the people who come by car. Therefore I think we should all be forbidden from driving cars".

3+ Year Old Account
    False. When I farm primals, I get ganked by flying rogues, druids and hunters when I am low on HP or mana, while they watch me from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Anyone trying to mine.
    Anyone trying to herb.
    Anyone trying to fish.
    Anyone trying to farm outdoor mobs.
    Anyone trying to do world PvP.

Try doing any of those things with flying vs. without and tell me nobody has an "edge"
    Instancing the nodes so each player has access to their own copy would have been a much better solution. Not to mention it would have lessened the effect bots and gold farmers have had by sometimes monopolizing the nodes.

Don't know what to do about farming outdoor mobs and world PvP but removing flying was the wrong solution.

I agree that flying really diminishes the feel of the world. But at least in BC it's *somewhat* balanced since using your ground mount is still viable if all you have is slow flying and epic flying cost a lot of G. Though, it doesn't seem like as much G as it did in original BC.