Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The LFR is the reason we continue to have raids. The devs are on record saying that it was hard to justify the amount of resources they did into raids if only 10-15% of the playerbase ever got to experience them. Since the alternative to difficult raids is accessible raids (see: WotLK) Blizzard chose a compromise between the two and came up with the LFR. I don't think it's a perfect solution but there is no doubt in my mind that the LFR is one of the few things that keeps a lot of players subbed to the game. (Players who aren't on forums constantly complaining about how bullshit it is that their inability to have max item level Conduits on Day 2 of the patch is preventing them from getting 4/10M.)

Additionally, 10M Heroic in WotLK was a bit different because it dropped lower item level gear. In fact, 10M Heroic in WotLK dropped the same item level gear as 25M Normal. The two instances had entirely different loot tables, though, so a lot of 25M Heroic guilds would farm 10M Heroic for random pieces. I think this was one of the reasons Blizzard thought gear parity between 10- and 25M Heroic would help the game. Instead, it simply effectively destroyed 25M Heroic raiding. (Seriously, check this out. Never before [or since] has there been such a massive exodus from one form of content.)
    LFR didn't save raiding hell raiding was slashed for a few expansions after it was released compared to before. You gotta understand when blizz makes a statement they run it through PR first. Just like how they said there would never be a cashshop in wow because the game was to good for it.

ICC 10/25 didn't just have different items they had different ilvs as well. It was still the best you could get in the game but it wasn't one to one. I think you are confusing players farming certain high performing trinkets. It also didn't "destroy" 25 man raiding when you factor in three ten man guilds could fit into one 25 there was still more 25 man guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    LFR didn't save raiding hell raiding was slashed for a few expansions after it was released compared to before. You gotta understand when blizz makes a statement they run it through PR first. Just like how they said there would never be a cashshop in wow because the game was to good for it.
    I really don't think it's PR to mention the very real fact that Blizzard was investing a lot of resources into a feature that not many WoW players actually engaged with. The same holds true for any feature in any video game. If a feature isn't being used, why bother developing it? For something as integral to WoW's DNA as raiding, players were more likely to simply leave the game than pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get good. Again, I don't know if the LFR was the best possible solution; but its popularity is undeniable. It's put the devs in the position where they can't simply remove one of the most widely used features in the game despite it somewhat missing the mark of its intended purpose.

ICC 10/25 didn't just have different items they had different ilvs as well.
    Brother, I literally said that in my post LOL.

It also didn't "destroy" 25 man raiding when you factor in three ten man guilds could fit into one 25 there was still more 25 man guilds.
    Did you read the post I linked? It showed a reduction of almost 90% in the number of 25M guilds from ICC to the first patch of Cata. That's an insane number of guilds that simply disappeared.

I really don't think it's PR to mention the very real fact that Blizzard was investing a lot of resources into a feature that not many WoW players actually engaged with. The same holds true for any feature in any video game. If a feature isn't being used, why bother developing it? For something as integral to WoW's DNA as raiding, players were more likely to simply leave the game than pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get good. Again, I don't know if the LFR was the best possible solution; but its popularity is undeniable. It's put the devs in the position where they can't simply remove one of the most widely used features in the game despite it somewhat missing the mark of its intended purpose.

Brother, I literally said that in my post LOL.

Did you read the post I linked? It showed a reduction of almost 90% in the number of 25M guilds from ICC to the first patch of Cata. That's an insane number of guilds that simply disappeared.
    No feature is used more then level 1-10 content by your broken logic the entire game should mirror that experience. As for the rest you need to read your posts before you post them you said Icc had the same ilv loot on both difficulties but different items.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if 10.0 is going to be pretty much "raid (or M+ as of late) or die" like SL is to a large degree, they could make at least make it less annoying. I'd actually be fine with a return to the WotLK raiding model, where 25-man provided better gear than 10-man (aside from a couple of trinkets), with a hard version for both modes which of course would yield better gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No feature is used more then level 1-10 content by your broken logic the entire game should mirror that experience. As for the rest you need to read your posts before you post them you said Icc had the same ilv loot on both difficulties but different items.
    Dude, I very clearly said that 10M Heroic had the same item level gear as 25M Normal... which is true. Then I said that both instances had different loot tables. Also true. The fact that you conflated two statements to interpret that I said something I didn't (that it was the same item level gear for both difficulties) isn't a failure on my part.

Playable Bard.

New class and....

Give shaman 4 specs like Druids. Model them around the four elements:
    - Water = resto
    - Earth = plays just like enhance (spell renames & animations) but is a tank spec. Focus on rock, ground
    - Wind = plays like elemental with spell renames & animations. Focus on storms and lightning
    - Fire = New spec, Melee dps. Focus on lava instead of just fire

and....

Faction becomes choice based. Faction should be about ideology not race.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-08-08 at 06:25 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

-snip-
    Yeah, i remember that when they first introduced LFR. But it wss also a time without LFG tool etc. Now balance through difficulties is way better, so i tjink most of the lfr crowd can easily partake in normal raids - but that's just my 2 cents. Would be interesting to see how many people actually do regular lfr and stop there.

I also remeber all the wotlk structure, and doing split 10man heroic to get some better gear to use in 25 man. It was an organizational nightmare
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    New class and....

Give shaman 4 specs like Druids. Model them around the four elements:
    - Water = resto
    - Earth = plays just like enhance (spell renames & animations) but is a tank spec. Focus on rock, ground
    - Wind = plays like elemental with spell renames & animations. Focus on storms and lightning
    - Fire = New spec, Melee dps. Focus on lava instead of just fire

and....

Faction becomes choice based. Faction should be about ideology not race.
    Mind blown, love love love this.

Makes too much sense, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, i remember that when they first introduced LFR. But it wss also a time without LFG tool etc. Now balance through difficulties is way better, so i tjink most of the lfr crowd can easily partake in normal raids - but that's just my 2 cents. Would be interesting to see how many people actually do regular lfr and stop there.
    One could argue that this is the entire purpose of the raid structure Blizzard has set up. You complete one level of difficulty then "step up" to the next level. This is the proverbial carrot that everybody seems to be self-assured "doesn't exist" in the current game. It does for a lot of people, these people simply don't spend most of their day on forums whining that the game isn't made specifically for them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 new system per patch max even if the old system si replaced

One could argue that this is the entire purpose of the raid structure Blizzard has set up. You complete one level of difficulty then "step up" to the next level. This is the proverbial carrot that everybody seems to be self-assured "doesn't exist" in the current game. It does for a lot of people, these people simply don't spend most of their day on forums whining that the game isn't made specifically for them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Is this the same group of people who where gonna pick their covenants based on personal taste?

I keep hearing about these magical invisible majorities but whenever something comes along where we can actually poll them they suddenly can't be found...

Offering an apology for providing poor customer service.
    A second apology for allowing their most loyal customers to be freely ridiculed and harassed by other players.
    Allow 2 or 3 character multiboxing.
    Complete revamp of forum policy and enforcement to remove conspiracy theories, insults, baseless accusations, hyperbole etc.
    Same for in game chat.
    All resource nodes have an instanced copy which each character may access without effecting other players use of the same node.
    All AH prices are set automatically and sold on a first come first served basis in predetermined stacks.
    Doubling or tripling subscription fees.
    Capping total subscriptions and creating a waiting list. Players who are banned and want to resub move to the back of the list.
    Last edited by WinningOne; 2021-08-08 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Allow 2 or 3 character multiboxing plus an apology for not defending their most loyal customers. Complete revamp of forum policy and enforcement. Same for in game chat. All resource nodes instanced to individual players. All AH prices are set automatically and sold on a first come first served basis in predetermined stacks.
    You confused most loyal with most paying customers. Yes, you (I assume you are one) pay more money than the average subbed player. Still not "more loyal".

A fun game that doesn't require 800 mods and a dozen spreadsheets to play

Is this the same group of people who where gonna pick their covenants based on personal taste?

I keep hearing about these magical invisible majorities but whenever something comes along where we can actually poll them they suddenly can't be found...
    Yes, I am specifically saying that the people who do not participate in forum discussions also, surprisingly, do not participate in polls on forums. Who could've possibly guessed there wouldn't be a whole lot of overlap there?

Yes, I am specifically saying that the people who do not participate in forum discussions also, surprisingly, do not participate in polls on forums. Who could've possibly guessed there wouldn't be a whole lot of overlap there?
    I meant using a program to scrap the armory. We saw with covenants the " We do what we want!" crowd makes up an extreme minority of players. I just grow weary of people with terrible arguments trying to hide behind fantasy rather then being able to come up with logical arguments to support their position.

Edit: I wouldn't trust a average wow player to honestly tell me what they had for lunch. There are absurd levels of ego at play in this games community.

I meant using a program to scrap the armory. We saw with covenants the " We do what we want!" crowd makes up an extreme minority of players. I just grow weary of people with terrible arguments trying to hide behind fantasy rather then being able to come up with logical arguments to support their position.

Edit: I wouldn't trust a average wow player to honestly tell me what they had for lunch. There are absurd levels of ego at play in this games community.
    Excuse me for using your evidence (" whenever something comes along where we can actually poll them they suddenly can't be found...") against you. It was truly my mistake to even begin to postulate against the notion that every WoW player truly, deeply despises the game. I mean why else would they continue to buy new expansions and pay $15/mo to play it? Sunk cost fallacy, amirite guys?! People like you are the unsung heroes of the community, reminding us at every turn that the old WoW was good but the new WoW is bad.

Whoops, my bad.

To be fair, the 'everyone picked the mathematically superior covenant' argument relies on a piece of information that you (or anyone else) does NOT have – peoples motivation for picking said covenant. DK’s and Necrolord Is probably the best example of a situation where the ‘best’ covenant is also the strongest thematically.

I have no doubt that a lot of peopl looked at a guide and just did what it said, so im not saying that this was NOT the case, but, we do not have the information required to use the data as evidence.

Some people may have chosen their covenant for xmog, the mount, theme, RP reasons, their enjoyment of the ability, or performance. To take the limited data we have and claim everyone who made their decision based it purely on performance is disingenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 man mythic raiding.

Nothing else comes even close to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.