• Hate every second of this cancer

11 24.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    you know my vote =)
    love WoWarcraft

As a pretty avid player of Mario games, I see absolutely zero similarities between WoW and Mario.

my guess is every single person thrashtalking here don't see mythic Raznal intermission themselfes (you don't realise it but your first 100 pulls will look not like in someone else kill video, and 2nd 100 pull you will wait that last 3 persons who play mario bad because last phase have dps check) there is difference when there is mario elements on mythic boss to entertain raid but still main focus of improving is how to split dps betwen priority targets or aoe or how to use raid saves and how to deal with mechanics (even positional mechanics) in proper way and Raznal where his main phases require exactly lfr level of skill while you waste all your progression time playing mario in intermissions... and this is the hardes boss this tier - hardest boss that out of 20 mythic raiding elements require only skill in playing mario...
    Last edited by ztn; 2021-08-09 at 01:50 PM.

i'm guessing he's also one of the people who shit their pants when vehicles became boss mechanics in WotLK. And part of the reason they aren't more widely used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    my guess is every single person thrashtalking here don't see mythic Raznal intermission themselfes (you don't realise it but your first 100 pulls will look not like in someone else kill video, and 2nd 100 pull you will wait that last 3 persons who play mario bad because last phase have dps check) there is difference when there is mario elements on mythic boss to entertain raid but still main focus of improving is how to split dps betwen priority targets or aoe or how to use raid saves and how to deal with mechanics (even positional mechanics) in proper way and Raznal where his main phases require exactly lfr level of skill while you waste all your progression time playing mario in intermissions... and this is the hardes boss this tier - hardest boss that out of 20 mythic raiding elements require only skill in playing mario...
    you fail to recognize the entire point of painsmith's tight mechanics. to punish greedy players and force you to dance.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

I think its great tbh!
    Nerzhul
    Painsmith
    Sylvanas (but takes a bit too long) are AMAZING fights! Like, GREAT fights!
    The only good thing about Systemlands so far....

Well I agree with OP. Raid mechanics has gotten way out of hand since WOTLK. You need to read a book to understand the bosses. I only raided mythic (or heroic back then) last time back in cata, and Heroic Ragnaros was great, but also dumb.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    i'm guessing he's also one of the people who shit their pants when vehicles became boss mechanics in WotLK. And part of the reason they aren't more widely used.
    agree - vehicles is even next level cancer even compared to mario... even mario can be accepted in small amounts but vehicles is pure NO NERVER EVERE...

agree - vehicles is even next level cancer even compared to mario... even mario can be accepted in small amounts but vehicles is pure NO NERVER EVERE...
    im guessing Patchwerk is unironically your favorite fight in the entire game.

im guessing Patchwerk is unironically your favorite fight in the entire game.
    i accept that it's good to have at least 1 patchwerk per tier but in general i thin Blackrock Foundry was ideal raid. And 2/3 bosses there was about positioning. Only remember Oregorger intermission or Thogar... You still don't understand the difference between positioning and mario...

::cries in Heroic Ambershaper::

- - - Updated - - -

i accept that it's good to have at least 1 patchwerk per tier but in general i thin Blackrock Foundry was ideal raid. And 2/3 bosses there was about positioning. Only remember Oregorger intermission or Thogar... You still don't understand the difference between positioning and mario...
    ...Thogar was very similar to Painsmith.

i 100% understand positioning. thats what painsmith's intermission is. tight, precise positioning. just because you arent dpsing the boss doesnt mean its not a positioning mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    there are good... and VERY bad implementations of vehicles. just like every other mechanic.

They should do more of it.

i 100% understand positioning. thats what painsmith's intermission is. tight, precise positioning. just because you arent dpsing the boss doesnt mean its not a positioning mechanic.
    tight, precise positioning is cancer mario. when you missaligned 1 pixel and whole raid lost 10mins... strategic positioning like on Thogar is absolute another story - there you find path, learn it and can 100% replicate it... that's what your expect from mmorpg... you use your brains to beat bosses - not pixelhunting...

Just stop playing OP, I did. Game is overpriced shit now and nothing will save it.

you are forced in mario cancer
    Yeah guys, be sure to remember that Mario is a cancer on the video games industry. We'd be living in gaming utopia if games didn't have *checks notes*... moving the character.

there are good... and VERY bad implementations of vehicles. just like every other mechanic.
    For the record, I loved Heroic Ambershaper. It was a very easy way to identify the players on your roster who keyboard turned.

Well i dislike mechanics and mythic bosses that rely on "just moving" or "performing" something without even the chance of doing some heal/dps.
    for example mechadrill fight.... I dislike fights in wich im not able to play my role. Someting like "oh the boss is immune, now run around, avoid anything, etc." thats not intersting, and its unfun and boring.
    I like fights were i have to do both!

dpsing/healing while playing some mechanics. The worst game design is "do a dmg stop here, and here and here, to avoid terrible overlaps" ....

Are you happy that in mmorpg your equipment means nothing. your haste and mastery that you simulate 150 times means nothing. your ideal dps rotation not need at all. you are forced in mario cancer for 200+ pulls on something like intermission of mythic Painsmith Raznal.
    I honestly would like more boss fights like this. I miss Wildstar's boss mechanics where you have to double-jump to the one free square inch of space in 2 seconds or get one-shot by dungeon bosses.

tight, precise positioning is cancer mario. when you missaligned 1 pixel and whole raid lost 10mins... strategic positioning like on Thogar is absolute another story - there you find path, learn it and can 100% replicate it... that's what your expect from mmorpg... you use your brains to beat bosses - not pixelhunting...
    if "1 pixel" is killing you, you still missed the 50 pixels on the other side where you have room.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I forgot about this fight. That was a shitshow.