Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    wow 2.0 or timeskip.
    Timeskip would be a great way to fix the lore mess we have ended up through these expansions. Just put us back in Azeroth with the old familiar zones, but timeskip us to 1000 years to the future or something. New characters and lore, keep old stuff as legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What is your TOP #1 wish in terms of systems, non-lore related content or game modes for 10.0 (non gear altering or player power and stats altering borrowed power systems that is, of course, since we know how much players love those, lol)?

I'll start:

Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics. I think this would also be a great community building tool.

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, talent tree reworks allowing for sub specs based on combat style...etc
    1. Flying unlock on day 1 from flightmaster with gold.

There is literally nothing else they can do to the game to bring me back; I don't believe the team is competent enough to create something unique anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    A complete remake would not be possible, In what lore would you base it from? There is no lore for WoW2, and a game without lore is the same as shadowlands.
    I'm not arguing in favour or against the idea, but like...

Are... Are they not allowed to make new lore..? They've kinda been doing that since the inception of the game. :|

Needing to create a new world from scratch (IE: a new game) is one thing, with how much work that requires, but like... "No lore" is a really weird argument to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Timeskip would be a great way to fix the lore mess we have ended up through these expansions. Just put us back in Azeroth with the old familiar zones, but timeskip us to 1000 years to the future or something. New characters and lore, keep old stuff as legends.
    And give us a damned house, sick of being a murder hobo want to be a murder homeowner xD

Reduce "systems" to meaningful ones.

The only choice i want to be locked behind is my class.

Most of the covenant things is just passive bullshit i do not even notice, it's not fun just frustrating. And even Worse, they developed it for 4 covenant for ONLY 1 THAT I USE. 9.1 changes for my class are just a new covenant legendary that no one use when they could have just added sets that would actually change my gameplay.

Ironically, we never had as much "systems" and my gameplay has never been so static from patch to patch.

Remove all those passive things , remove all passive talents.

Tbh i just which they i could enjoy EVERYTHING my class has to offer and let the talent to 3 rows maybe that would ACTUALLY be changed depending on the nature of the fight. (i'd rather have 3 rows that actually impact my gameplay over 6 rows i never change)

Focus on quality not quantity.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1-Minimize the number of borrowed power systems in the game

2-Shift away from a 'seasonal' mindset where your current progress and power level is effectively nullified once the new patch comes around

3-Change reputations to work as more than a simple World Quest counter and implement rewards with fair costs instead of serving as glorified gold sinks

4-Make professions worthwhile

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, as people have mentioned, Housing might get me back. I like having a home/base that's not just an inn to fall back to. And a side collection option to find decor plans and resources wouldn't be too bad. It's a set of goals you can work towards. Some professions could be integrated since they're nigh useless for raiding some bits could be used for that; tailoring for cloth like reagents for windows or beds, blacksmiths/engineers making nails, screws, metal bindings, stoves...
    The houses don't even have to be all crammed into one spot, the old world is so empty they could have home spots all over older continents without stressing the servers. Thrall cheated and got his own housing tech to make that homestead in Nagrand. We should be able to do the same.
    The best part would be if they didn't attach it to anything "meta" no freaking optimal position or uses, just something players can call their own.

A side note, when i say home spots, I mean phased like how Sunsong Ranch is mildly unique to each player, so the player choices match with their own phase. To people not in your phase it's just a ruined shack or something.

Here's my thoughts.

We've got enough player evidence to see what works and what doesn't. What is popular and what isn't. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every two years with unpolished systems, borrowed power, and dead gameplay designs outside of M+, Raids, PvP. Go back to what worked so well in the past. As we can see, Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, MoP, Legion. These are typically beloved expansions. What systems did players enjoy in these eras? What stories did players resonate with? What gameplay was most cherished?

Class design overhaul. This is a RPG game, or was. Make stats matter again. Make classes matter again. The bring the player, not the class, can still be true while having unique class design. The current state of classes is stagnant. The fact that Survival Hunter hasn't been touched in years is an example of poor design and bad development. The game is established. Borrowed Power was fine for a expansion. It isn't fine for anyone if we all know that whatever we do doesn't matter in two years when the system is replaced with another. Play fatigue sets in really fast and that's what happened during the first couple months of BFA. Here we are, in Shadowlands, yet another borrowed power that almost no one wanted. Blizzard takes such a long time to pivot from one design philosophy to another.

The game is in a constant state of beta testing it seems. PTRs should be used to test numbers, test designs, community communication is key here. And that has not happened for almost the entirety of Shadowlands Beta to 9.1 PTR and we can safely assume this going forward as well. The community has been vocal about these systems and the problems the have. Development continues when it reaches live servers, then they need to continue to revaluate numbers or the systems themselves. It's so frustrating to see it happen after every patch cycle.

Upgrade the entire world. Kalimdor, Easter Kingdoms, Malestrom, Northrend, Outland, all of it.

And provide repeat value to go back to those areas at max level.

I just want a fun fucking expansion, man. That's all I ask for.

I don't want a 2nd job type of MMO. No daily shit. Nothing that causes me to wait until the end of an expansion to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmune View Post
    Here's my thoughts.

We've got enough player evidence to see what works and what doesn't. What is popular and what isn't. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every two years with unpolished systems, borrowed power, and dead gameplay designs outside of M+, Raids, PvP. Go back to what worked so well in the past. As we can see, Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, MoP, Legion. These are typically beloved expansions. What systems did players enjoy in these eras? What stories did players resonate with? What gameplay was most cherished?

Class design overhaul. This is a RPG game, or was. Make stats matter again. Make classes matter again. The bring the player, not the class, can still be true while having unique class design. The current state of classes is stagnant. The fact that Survival Hunter hasn't been touched in years is an example of poor design and bad development. The game is established. Borrowed Power was fine for a expansion. It isn't fine for anyone if we all know that whatever we do doesn't matter in two years when the system is replaced with another. Play fatigue sets in really fast and that's what happened during the first couple months of BFA. Here we are, in Shadowlands, yet another borrowed power that almost no one wanted. Blizzard takes such a long time to pivot from one design philosophy to another.

The game is in a constant state of beta testing it seems. PTRs should be used to test numbers, test designs, community communication is key here. And that has not happened for almost the entirety of Shadowlands Beta to 9.1 PTR and we can safely assume this going forward as well. The community has been vocal about these systems and the problems the have. Development continues when it reaches live servers, then they need to continue to revaluate numbers or the systems themselves. It's so frustrating to see it happen after every patch cycle.
    Agreed. Maybe they could bring back a big lore figure like the one from the end of WC3. What was his name? Something about a "frozen throne." Arthuin? It's on the tip of my tongue. Let's bring back badges too. But not just any badges... badges that can be used to buy Tier gear. (Oh yeah, bring back Tier gear too.) And then make four different flavors of badges. Because why not? They can even put mounted combat on the box as one of the features. That's something cool. The game's been out for 17 years, I'm sure they've figured out how to do it by now. What would they call the expansion, though? Wrath of the... I don't know. I can't quite place my finger on it. Can you help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post

I don't want a 2nd job type of MMO. No daily shit. Nothing that causes me to wait until the end of an expansion to catch up.
    Yep.

I want to log in, look at everything that's laid out in front of me, assess the possibilities, and engage in the content that I'm in the mood for.

I don't want to do a laundry list of chores and wait for the next week to do the content I'm actually interested in.
    Last edited by draugril; 2021-08-09 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post

We had that. It was called Warlords of Draenor. Easily one of the best remembered expansions of all time, right?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-08-09 at 09:04 PM.

I want another spec for a few classes because I can't imagine another class that wouldn't be so close to the other ones anyway.

Necromancer for DK, transforming into a Lich.

Bard, healing spec based on songs and illusions for Rogue(A guildy's suggestion)

Bring back Gladiator for Warrior as an own spec

And another spec for DH. A ranged spec would be cool, but hard to find something unique.

None of them will probably happen but you know.

And remove faction barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Agreed. Maybe they could bring back a big lore figure like the one from the end of WC3. What was his name? Something about a "frozen throne." Arthuin? It's on the tip of my tongue. Let's bring back badges too. But not just any badges... badges that can be used to buy Tier gear. (Oh yeah, bring back Tier gear too.) And then make four different flavors of badges. Because why not? They can even put mounted combat on the box as one of the features. That's something cool. The game's been out for 17 years, I'm sure they've figured out how to do it by now. What would they call the expansion, though? Wrath of the... I don't know. I can't quite place my finger on it. Can you help me out?
    Lol.

Anyway to me it seems pretty clear that the problem is not really the endgame activities (raid, m+, pvp) themselves but more the fact there's real confusion about how the reward structure should be. When they have pretty functional systems with valor and the pvp ilvl changes (that imho would just work if expanded to all the endgame content). Stuff like runewords being stealth nerfed by 50%, then reverted, then "don't worry guys" buffed is a symptom of bad communication between players and devs, real reasons unknown to me.

Other than my idea about a class-wide talent tree basically akin to soulbinds (woth some passives and the sockets where you choose what to out in) i'd like to see more consistent world content that gives sensible character progression. Korthia is nice but still doesn't nail it.

Basically, they have some real good ideas drowning in a sea of useless and temporary systems we as players know already are going to be stripped from us. Keep the good, get rid of the bad, and KISS.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

WoW 2.0

Trial and error, take 2 might be better.

-Creating something lasting: I hope they let us help building the new capitals for Forsaken/Night Elves. The Sanctums might have been a test for this, but I talk about helping to build whole areas, maybe over a community effort like Ahn'qiraj.
    -Changing something old: Along with this comes a soft/hard revamp of the surrounding area(northern Kalimdor/former Lordaeron) and an integration of gated areas in the main map(Silvermoon).
    -New Allies: While I am for the integration of all subraces and potentially playable races in the long run(Earthen, Fel Orcs, Yaungol), I would say this is optimal for the addition of the Covenant Races(Winged Kyrian, Lichs/Skeletons, Sylvar and Venthyr) to the factions just as races already teased(Bothani/Furbolgs for Alliance, Saberons/Ogres for the Horde).
    -New Class(es): I feel we need them very much. Which depends on the main theme of the expansion. I'm very much against another cosmic expansion right now, as there needs to be more build-up, so for me Dragon Isles and Undermine would serve amazingly. Both could serve as ground to gather resources for the rebuilding of our factions, help establish stability and lead us to already established places on Azeroth. Meaning it could be some sort of Dragon Sworn or Tinker. Other classes(Dark Rangers?) would be a welcome surprise of course.

Cross faction M+ and Raids

Cross Realm Raiding since day 1 (could also be like after 50 guilds have killed it)

Lore not being absolute garbage.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I'd like to see lots of things. One thing in particular though: Each M+ season, grab 2 old dungeons from previous expansions, update them as necessary, and put them in the dungeon rotation. It'd be nice to see some more variety in dungeons as by the end of the expansion they're beyond stale. Being able to do a +15 Stockades for a few months and then a +15 Nexus could be a fun change.