Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    They just want drama.
    Who are "they"? Besides, Blizz themselves are providing more drama than any "hater" would have ever dreamed of, and for free
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Who are "they"? Besides, Blizz themselves are providing more drama than any "hater" would have ever dreamed of, and for free
    they = the shitposters on this forum who got nothing better to do than circlejerk on why people in their 50s leave a company they worked at for 15-20 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    they = the shitposters on this forum who got nothing better to do than circlejerk on why people in their 50s leave a company they worked at for 15-20 years.
    Whoa, won't you look at that, those wild, sweeping, convenient strawmen. How cute <3
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    so just because someone says something its true? sick hey i have some beach front property i would like to sell to you in colorado. Let me guess you are still a fan boy of that shit company and you got the blinders on?

- - - Updated - - -

what heroes?

- - - Updated - - -

during something as hot as what is going on right now it does raise an eye brow
    It wouldn't raise much of an eyebrow except that you are publicly saying he's lying.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I never understood why people fuss over with people leaving Blizzard. There are tons of "problems" with wow currently and you would think its only a good thing that they change personnel to get better as company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Maybe other companies care less about hurt fee fees and twitter outrage and blaming everyone by association than you seem to?
    Sure, that seems a reasonable explanation as to why several major companies have pulled their sponsorships from OWL since I posted that. /s

Though I wouldn't claim it is because they care about feelings directly, I'd wager they just don't want the scrutiny that can come with bad PR. The Coca-Cola Company for example has done objectively worse shit, and I would say they're a far worse company when it comes to how much actual harm they inflict on a global scale (afaik they're one of the worst plastic polluters to exist, up there with Nestle and other similar companies).

I'm not attempting to make light of the sexual harassment and misconduct that went on at Blizzard, but pointing out that type of harm is extremely limited in the scope and scale of how many people are harmed by it. It isn't remotely comparable to the millions of tons of plastic being produced and subsequently dumped into the oceans by the Coca-Cola Company. Both are bad, but one problem is more easily fixed and the other is going to remain a major problem for decades(if not centuries) for everyone on the planet regardless what happens to the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Huh?

I'm not implying any of them did anything bad. I'm saying that this is like the hundredth high-level Blizzard dev/manager/etc to leave within the past few years and their reasons are probably related. Seems to me that it's become a shitty place to work.
    Innocent until proven guilty and all but it is bad optics to leave when those who have such serious accusations against them are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty and all but it is bad optics to leave when those who have such serious accusations against them are as well.
    Innocent until proven guilty is only relevant to the court system.

I am entirely comfortable with forming an opinion on a situation without the court's judgement given existing evidence. It is entirely reasonable to jettison employees with "baggage" before the courts reach a decision. Even then, it is entirely reasonable to jettison a problematic employee even if they are found innocent - the court's judgement doesn't need to determine your personal opinion. "Innocence" is a spectrum within the court, and often just a technicality.

If left on their own, it's a real bad decision as everyone will only think one thing about you, you're guilty af of something.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day