Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Would you play on a server where boosting was banned?

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    7. All tradeskills are available to your toon instead of a limit of 2.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sounds horrible lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    So... As I'm understanding it.. an almost 100% solo MMORPG? As your rules prevent teamwork, grouping, trading of certain items and such.. Basically make it even more anti-social than progression/main servers.. Doesn't sound right.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would say stick to a dayjob instead of game design. Like my mother said when I told her I wanted to be an astronaut, "it's always good to have a backup plan".
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Your ways to fix WoW are still horrible and dont address the actual issues of the game.

Thread title: Would you play on a boost-free server?
    Thread post: Would you play on an antisocial server?

Anyway, I don't care about playing with boosters. What I do care about is playing with boosters who use 15 different characters (no exaggeration) to spam trade chat with their advertising. Anyone who plays on Tich probably knows who I'm talking about.

No boosting? Sure.
    Utterly moronic random ruleset server? Lol, go home.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I play on a server if boosting is banned? Yep.

Would I play on a server that you created with your rules that are supposedly preventing boosting, like the one you just listed? Absolutely not.

I know Blizzard is probably going to be in the need for game developers here soon... please do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Your ways to fix WoW are still horrible and dont address the actual issues of the game.
    your reading comprehension is horrible.

1. i did not say i was fixing wow with this.
    2. i did not say i would play this version of wow.

i was just offering a solution to boosting to see what people think.

You REALLY need to develop your communication skills. You are below a grade school kid. Seriously.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-08-09 at 04:23 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

If you want to stop or slow down boosting, Blizz needs to stop selling gold.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Would I play on a server if boosting is banned? Yep.

Would I play on a server that you created with your rules that are supposedly preventing boosting, like the one you just listed? Absolutely not.

I know Blizzard is probably going to be in the need for game developers here soon... please do not apply.
    theres no way to ban boosting without banning all forms of content where people arrange their own groups.

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    Nope, that sounds terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    If you want to stop or slow down boosting, Blizz needs to stop selling gold.
    that doesnt stop boosting. people will just go to third party websites to meet and pay real money for boosts.

that doesnt stop boosting. people will just go to third party websites to meet and pay real money for boosts.
    So then it needs to be moderated better. Blizz selling their own gold isnt the answer obviously.

So then it needs to be moderated better. Blizz selling their own gold isnt the answer obviously.
    you cant moderate it.

you cant moderate it.
    Patently false. What a strange assertion..

patently false.
    its true. theres no way to tell who is getting paid boosts and who is just getting good groups or help from some nice people.

its true. theres no way to tell who is getting paid boosts and who is just getting good groups or help from some nice people.
    Are you high? You said two posts ago that people will buy gold from 3rd party sellers and I said that it needs to be moderated better. Keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    theres no way to ban boosting without banning all forms of content where people arrange their own groups.
    I think this shows a lack of imagination and understanding on your part.

What you're suggesting is like suggesting, "there's no way to ban harassment without banning all forms of communication between people, even out of game"; not only is the claim patently absurd on its face, but it's wrong.

Anyhow, your solution would eliminate any remaining social aspect to the game. The trade-off of every meaningful interpersonal interaction in order to rid the game of boosting is too costly, and even if it weren't, it feels more like you're angry that other players are able to form groups among themselves and you aren't, and you want to take that away from them so they're as miserable as you are. You're probably thinking that maybe if you pigeonhole them into your position, you'll have better luck; but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2021-08-09 at 04:29 PM.

im starting to notice we have some delusional posters that think theres some magic programming code to determine if two wow players have handed over a stack of cash in real life for help. there isnt. you cant shut down boosting without making group content random.