Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So are you trying to imply that there is a conspiracy between SE and Asmongold? That they won't take action against him, while they did others, because of some reason? It is entirely likely that he will slip up or not actually change that leads to an enforcement of the normal FF rules. Time will tell and it all depends on if he feels like he can make money off of FF or not. Because he is an entertainer first and foremost and goes where the money will be.
    He wont, you dont get banned for just saying fuck when you lose a chocobo race lol. Whats funny is that i watched one of his ff14 stream at work and the most toxic part is the wow players mad as hell in his chat spamming that its a shit game. Everyone else is spamming him with what they want him to do, which is annoying sure, but i mean as a streamer its kinda part of the job, deal with chat being einstein and giving you 50 different information which are 50% false.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-08-09 at 10:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erolian View Post
    The best part is that the reason people are quitting is because the game simply sucks now. Its been getting worse for awhile and people have always quit but its just that time even for the popular/well known players.
    It really doesn't though. It just is not excelling at anything. The current game in 9.1 feels very much like it was back in the day where there wasn't much to do. I got like 6k anima today from doing everything. If you have a main and do the content you'll have everything done (except for the renown locked stuff). Which means it is like in TBC or WotLK where you turned to alts or didn't have anything to log in for outside of raid nights.

Which is interesting because it is something parts of the community has talked about wanting. But as so often is the case what a lot of people want turns out to not be very good when put into actual design. The only real flaw currently is the dud that domination is. Also I guess soul catch up missing. If they allowed you to send anima to alts and buy souls with anima it would mean there is no real hurdle to alts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I find it shocking that basically in the nutshell the most common argument for quitting WoW from these big names has been "the game has been steaming pile of shit for a good while now and the sexual harassment/fratboy work enviroment charges were the last straw" and people somehow in their small minds just can't take it. I mean, you can play this shitty game until the grave, you can still think it's the best game in the market and hell, you can still think there's some golddigger conspiracy at work here with your loser friends. That's your choice.

Pretty simple stuff, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    I find it shocking that basically in the nutshell the most common argument for quitting WoW from these big names has been "the game has been steaming pile of shit for a good while now and the sexual harassment/fratboy work enviroment charges were the last straw" and people somehow in their small minds just can't take it. I mean, you can play this shitty game until the grave, you can still think it's the best game in the market and hell, you can still think there's some golddigger conspiracy at work here with your loser friends. That's your choice.

Pretty simple stuff, no?
    Its even simpler then that, most of them where quitting before any of the sexual harassments stuff. Asmongold first FF14 stream was weeks before, his announcement of playing the game more then a month before. Its pretty much coincidence, if anything 9.1 taking forever and being a wet fart was the last straw for most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its even simpler then that, most of them where quitting before any of the sexual harassments stuff. Asmongold first FF14 stream was weeks before, his announcement of playing the game more then a month before. Its pretty much coincidence, if anything 9.1 taking forever and being a wet fart was the last straw for most of them.
    Conspiracy time: he got insider tip beforehand and prepped for it.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    You dont get banned in FF14 for using bad words lol. You get banned for directing it at people in harassment. There is nothing toxic about cussing while on stream playing your own game or with your friends or your viewing community.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...g_about_party/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...lgar_comments/

Not facsimile cases but they are incidents of people being banned for behavior at least to some degree outside the game. Which basically all boils down to follow everything here:

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/r...la=2&tag=authc

The only people who really hit me as kind of following the subs were T&E. They never talked about 14 once in any of their numerous videos I watched and then suddenly when people are making their exodus Tali goes onto Twitter and says something to the effect of "yeah, we've been playing the game for years and have loved it the whole time." Which has been something awfully suspect to me. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, I quite like T&E but... that's fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...g_about_party/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...lgar_comments/

Not facsimile cases but they are incidents of people being banned for behavior at least to some degree outside the game. Which basically all boils down to follow everything here:

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/r...la=2&tag=authc
    Instantly found the lie in the first link. The ban was for shit talking another player using the dps meter (a mod against tos that they allow until you start using it to demean other players.) No, you do not get banned for simply using bad words. The second link is again, a streaming community in game harassing a player. They dont ban you for bad words, they ban you for going after people. If you are on stream with your friend and calling him a piece of shit, they dont care. Its the effect they care about.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-08-09 at 11:40 PM.

yeah I can't check out Warcraft on You Tube without some slub saying " Goodby WoW" or "quitting " or leaving"...
    Its REALLY annoying...here's the thing...no one gives a rats ass(or shouldn't imo), you all think your special or something LMAO
    Goodbye, good riddance and for the love of god WoW YT'ers stop making these videos, just go, like you would tell anyone else
    GTFO
    Personally I think you're playing on players emotions, its trying to get clicks so comes across as click bait at this point AND...
    I guarantee these YouTubers will be back, at very least for the next Xpac
    They all playing you guys. I won't even click on them...
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2021-08-10 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    yeah I can't check out Warcraft on You Tube without some slub saying " Goodby WoW" or "quitting " or leaving"...
    Its REALLY annoying...here's the thing...no one gives a rats ass(or shouldn't imo), you all think your special or something LMAO
    Goodbye, good riddance and for the love of god WoW YT streamers stop making these videos, just go, like you would tell anyone else
    GTFO
    Personally you're playing on players emotions, its trying to get clicks so comes across as click bait at this point AND...
    I guarantee as these YouTubers will be back, at very least for the next Xpac
    Some world class self-contradicting there champ.

Goodbye, good riddance and for the love of god WoW YT streamers stop making these videos, just go, like you would tell anyone else
    GTFO
    Personally you're playing on players emotions, its trying to get clicks so comes across as click bait at this point AND...
    I find it quite amusing that you would go on to twitch to watch these streamers, and yet say you "dont give a rats ass" and that they are not special. Dont you think thats a little contradictory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I find it quite amusing that you would go on to twitch to watch these streamers, and yet say you "dont give a rats ass" and that they are not special. Dont you think thats a little contradictory?
    I don't watch streamers, where did I ever say I go on Twitch? so you're wrong champ
    I like checking out different WoW videos on YouTube, not Twitch, pre the whole" good bye bandwagon" and not streamers - I don't watch someone play Warcraft
    I don't need any of these people in my life. You are way off base
    Its annoying because when I look for WoW videos I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN, I have to sift thru this garbage, you're way over reaching, get it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Some world class self-contradicting there champ.
    not contradicting at all, its an observation and opinion
    You guys are both waaaay off LMAO
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2021-08-10 at 12:10 AM.

I don't watch these steamers, so you're wrong champ
    I like checking out different WoW videos, pre the whole" good bye bandwagon" and usually not streamers
    I dont' need any of these people in my life. You are way off base
    So youtubers, not streamers. Unless they stream on youtube, then they are streamers. The point remains the same - if you dont care what they think, why are you on youtube watching their content? It absolutely IS a contradiction, because if you dont care what they have to say, why are you watching them? If you are NOT watching them, why do you care, and how do you know what they are saying?

It sounds to me like you DO care what they have to say, but are unhappy because they are not behaving like a fanboi, and are saying negative things about the game. This is the exact opposite of not caring.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-08-09 at 11:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I don't watch these steamers, so you're wrong champ
    I like checking out different WoW videos, pre the whole" good bye bandwagon" and usually not streamers
    I dont' need any of these people in my life. You are way off base
    Its annoying because when I look for WoW videos I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN, I have to shift thru this garbage, you're way over reaching, get it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

not contradicting at all, its an observation and opinion
    You guys are both waaaay off LMAO
    You say you don't give a shit yet you say its "REALLY annoying" and how they are "playing with peoples emotions" (lol)

Yeah, sounds like a person who really doesn't give a shit.

No. Everything is not hate bandwagoning. It is just a departure. People just happen to be on the same page because we are tired of the crap and FF is the next best thing, so of course people gravitate towards it. The community isn't filled with trolls that love shitting on WoW (even though the game deserves it all). It is just players that see another alternative for once. And just because everyone seems to be doing it, doesn't mean they are switching solely because of viewcount. So don't discredit actual protest and say they are just doing it for money. Blizzard absolutely needs to learn their damn lesson if they want any of the people to come back.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    FF14 respects your time and the staff humbly asks to take a break/play something else while they make new content, WoW has BS like grind a really small zone for 3months+ straight so you get all the player power rewards on one class while the gameplay loop of that zone itself is pure boredom after 2-3 weeks.

It's not even about ff14 as not everyone said they swap to that or something, most cc's just lost their passion with WoW's BS systems design for the last 3 years while Jeff superman Hamilton says we should shut up because without their superior system designers we won't get epic purrrples.
    So this current tier is going to be the first tier that I don't have Cutting Edge since they added Cutting Edge to the game. Never once have I felt like I've had to play WoW in the way you're describing. Not on my main, not on an alt. You're confusing what you do out of compulsion with what Blizzard wants you to do. Or more accurately you're parroting the complaint of a youtuber who chose to play WoW that way and then complained about it. You can play FFXIV in that way as well. You can take long breaks from WoW and not miss out on anything. If I don't have to do what you're describing and I'm playing in an environment where every little edge you can get counts why would the other 95% of the playerbase?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    No. Everything is not hate bandwagoning. It is just a departure. People just happen to be on the same page because we are tired of the crap and FF is the next best thing, so of course people gravitate towards it. The community isn't filled with trolls that love shitting on WoW (even though the game deserves it all). It is just players that see another alternative for once. And just because everyone seems to be doing it, doesn't mean they are switching solely because of viewcount. So don't discredit actual protest and say they are just doing it for money. Blizzard absolutely needs to learn their damn lesson if they want any of the people to come back.
    You say this, but just like that other Blizzard protest a year or two ago players come back regardless. Players come back after horrible expansions. Shit, players came back for SL after BFA even though in the beta a lot of content creators said the game was ass. Actually those same content creators said the game was great after a short delay. Now those same content creators are the ones playing FF. lol.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    The only people who really hit me as kind of following the subs were T&E. They never talked about 14 once in any of their numerous videos I watched and then suddenly when people are making their exodus Tali goes onto Twitter and says something to the effect of "yeah, we've been playing the game for years and have loved it the whole time." Which has been something awfully suspect to me. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, I quite like T&E but... that's fishy.
    There's a twitch VOD of him just talking (and ranting) for over 3 hours with an estatic Alphinaud in a Cinematic, could have been perfectly a video on loop.
    It was so transparent and pathetic.

Goodbye, good riddance and for the love of god WoW YT'ers stop making these videos, just go, like you would tell anyone else
    GTFO
    Personally I think you're playing on players emotions, its trying to get clicks so comes across as click bait at this point AND...
    I'm not a youtuber, and most likely you aren't one either. But if a had a community, as small as it could be, I'd feel sort of obligated to inform them that I'm moving on from the game, expected common courtesy to the people that supported the creator, mionetarily or otherwise. Also, they way that youtube works, implies that, if you are getting exposed to that kind of content, you are very likely engaging with said content, i.e. clicking on the freaking video at the very least. I'd suggest you to block the channel
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-08-10 at 12:20 AM.

You say you don't give a shit yet you say its "REALLY annoying" and how they are "playing with peoples emotions" (lol)

Yeah, sounds like a person who really doesn't give a shit.
    I'm looking for videos on YouTube about WoW, usually a created video, story stuff etc, not streamer crap. I have to scroll thru these videos about "leaving/quitting" and I find it annoying people are making these videos, clogging YT, I find that annoying. Is this hard for you to understand or are you going to keep spinning it how you want?

I also observe the psychology of it, these content creators know the emo types will watch these videos, so yes, I think they are playing on people emotions(mine? lol I don't even watch these idiots...), and it comes across as very manipulative imo...is this hard for you to grasp for some reason?

It doesn't mean I care about what they are doing per the video or its content, just that they made the stupid video to begin with, hence the just GTFO to begin with, no one needs to hear about it(so you get clicks), just go
    You guys are dense lol
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2021-08-10 at 12:21 AM.

blizzard makes a ton of money on the new expac comebacks, the money made allows them to go thru content droughts, reneg, and make excuse. this is not a last 2 expac issue, and actually started in WOTLK.

alot of streamers when asked they will admit they comeback in new expacs and within weeks or months quit, madseason, zeplahq, richcampbell, work to game, athene, quinn, esfand, and tons more. they come in and out like tourists, creating huge advertisement and box sales for blizzard.

many of these streamers never cancel their subscriptions either along with many players, that is one reason did the steer to sub push these last 3 expacs more than ever before.

my IRL friends (husband and wife) were subbed van wow thru MOP and one had not signed in like 18 months, the other in 11. 29 months X sub fee = Blizzard knows is works to get you to sub. who cares if you log in, they still pay

i talked to another IRL who quit and claimed he was done in MOP, when he came over once saw me playing in legion, i explained art-wpn and leg item, he logged on his account on my PC, his acccount was active and could play WOD since it was added to basic game, he paid for legion expac then played 4 months and hasn't logged since, he says to this day he no longer plays, i don't believe he is truly unsubbed.

i know many players who put up the statement that they are unsubbed, and they actually are, but the play the Vet20 or the F2P20 program blizzard has in place. they still count as MAUs reported to stock holders

there are alot of players that could be loosely labeled as partially hypocritcal

It really doesn't though. It just is not excelling at anything. The current game in 9.1 feels very much like it was back in the day where there wasn't much to do. I got like 6k anima today from doing everything. If you have a main and do the content you'll have everything done (except for the renown locked stuff). Which means it is like in TBC or WotLK where you turned to alts or didn't have anything to log in for outside of raid nights.

Which is interesting because it is something parts of the community has talked about wanting. But as so often is the case what a lot of people want turns out to not be very good when put into actual design. The only real flaw currently is the dud that domination is. Also I guess soul catch up missing. If they allowed you to send anima to alts and buy souls with anima it would mean there is no real hurdle to alts.
    So I think I can actually help explain the main difference here. Wanting a mostly optimal character to play and compete is a natural thing for many wow players that would sort of run out of content or things to do on a main and swap to an alt. The problem with modern expansions is that you have these chores in every patch cycle in this particular case its your conduits, sockets and weekly torghast. All of that content is a boring chore so for most players by the time you've "finished" your main there is no way in hell you're going to go back and do that again on an alt so you're confronted with either logging out or playing a character you know you're not willing to invest that effort in and will thus be permanently behind in every single patch cycle since they re-up with every major patch now and introduce the next hub/currency/conduit levels/socket items/whatever. Now if you look back in time at say wotlk through to mop you'll notice that those alts simply had to show up and raid and maybe do one rep an expansion for an enchant. Perhaps you got some badges or other currencies for some catch up gear if you were really behind but they weren't generally as good as actual raid gear. They essentially got to play those alts and be competitive by simply putting in the effort to actually go raid and that's why SL is actually nothing like older expansions and why your comparison completely falls apart. I'm also not sure you actually play shadowlands because you keep talking about anima as if its relevant to any end game systems whatsoever when its not. Anima just buys you cosmetics and lets you build a base that's more or less irrelevant to anything related to player power
    Last edited by Erolian; 2021-08-10 at 12:45 AM.