Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    I'd like to see lots of things. One thing in particular though: Each M+ season, grab 2 old dungeons from previous expansions, update them as necessary, and put them in the dungeon rotation. It'd be nice to see some more variety in dungeons as by the end of the expansion they're beyond stale. Being able to do a +15 Stockades for a few months and then a +15 Nexus could be a fun change.
    Dude! You are onto something there, I just got hyped over it and it doesn't even exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simpler, more straightforward main story with a fair number of side stories and small questlines.

Better [or any] use of the world. Open the game up. Stop with the claustrophobic business of attempting to lock everyone into a limited number of zones for 18-24 months. Be expansive. A large zone that is more spread out (like The Barrens) would be welcome.

We don't necessarily need expansions that work like serial expansions with long continuing stories. 18 months is quite long enough to spend inside of a story.

Remove all PVE timers.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-10 at 09:31 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No more M+. No more time-based gameplay, no more gogogo.
    Go back to the dungeon design as in TBC, bring back CC and careful pulls. Make dungeons take longer. I'd rather play one good 1 hour dungeon than 4 15 minute rushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    No more M+. No more time-based gameplay, no more gogogo.
    Go back to the dungeon design as in TBC, bring back CC and careful pulls. Make dungeons take longer. I'd rather play one good 1 hour dungeon than 4 15 minute rushes.
    They tried this in Cata. People hated it. I mean really, really hated it.

As for gogogo, even removing M+, as popular as it is, won't get rid of it. Some people out there seem to value their own time and don't want to spend an hour casually pulling one mob at a time in a dungeon.

They tried this in Cata. People hated it. I mean really, really hated it.
    Not sure if that would still be the case. TBC Classic was quite successful.

As for gogogo, even removing M+, as popular as it is, won't get rid of it. Some people out there seem to value their own time and don't want to spend an hour casually pulling one mob at a time in a dungeon.
    And many people like M+, i know this. What i wrote is what i would like to play, ofc not everyone would agree with that.

My number one wish would be: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

Shadowlands released with way too many borrowed power systems and they keep adding more into it. It released with like a dozen different currencies all for something else. Nothing really connected to each other but all still relevant for the power grind. Blizzard, please keep it simple. Your players shouldn't have to read a thesis on how to play your game.

Fire the current writing staff.
    Rehire the original writers and designers who created WoW. That means, among others, Metzen and also Afrasiabi.
    I don't care what kind of workplace culture this creates. They are who made this originally great game that has since been ruined.

Even more unlikely, but the best possible development: Pay the goblins at Activision enough money to buy Blizzard from them, and make it a private, independent company.

More active and reward structured wpvp zones in Azeroth, more conflict that more translates to a fantasy world war scenario, less instanced, maybe scourge back as a 3rd faction with undead models for most base races(undead tauren for example), better quest system that is actually fun in the endgame and professions(hi FF14), MoP level of class design like symbiosis back for druids, blood fear back for locks, conversion/death syphon back for dks etc progression system class focused not borrowed power focused, specs should turn into promotion classes adding more rpg elements to it and lore context, class halls back + big faction hubs(Oribos was even more boring than the beautiful 2 faction cities in BfA...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I'm not arguing in favour or against the idea, but like...

Are... Are they not allowed to make new lore..? They've kinda been doing that since the inception of the game. :|

Needing to create a new world from scratch (IE: a new game) is one thing, with how much work that requires, but like... "No lore" is a really weird argument to make.
    Making new lore takes a lot of time, because you need creativity and a huge backstory. Look at WoW, how far can you dig the lore, it would be sufficient for a netflix show with 20 seasons or even more, even before getting into the recent lore post WotLK.

Assuming we had good lore, I'm all in favor of WoW 2, but I think we had it already.

Back to Azeroth, killing dragons under a mountain and some pesky ogres that steal sheep from the local village.

10.0:
    While we were in SL, Nzoth (who didnt die) has taken over EK and Kalimdor and every zone has been infected by the void.
    Every zone has cool events/rares/wq's and we slowly cleanse these zones.

10.1:
    All the other continents have been infected now too and there are tons of transmogs/mounts to collect.

10.2:
    We go to Nyalotha which is a huge new zone with cool stuff to do, and destroy it together with Nzoth.

10.3:
    Azeroth is fully cleansed and every zone has been upgraded to 2021 graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    A tour of old raids? Why would you need a veteran player to do that? A tour? You can go yourself and clear it by yourself. A tour???
    The point they were making was to makd the raid scale or the player scale to the raid.

Eg. Going into ICC all players are scaled to 80 and so is all gear scaled to the correct ilvl.

Could even make it where all old talent trees are activated and switched with the new one for those classes that have them.

Right now, for me, if I'm going to come back, 10.0 would have to be a massive overhaul of retail. I didn't intend to play Classic at all after already cleared it in the past, but I did and it has such a nice progression, economy, and the fact that there isn't crossrealm and so many systems makes it hard to come back to retail if there aren't massive changes.

Power us down, give us some old school adventuring. No more planets or alternate dimensions. Dragons and Bandits are more than enough for me thanks, no need to tell the same stories with ridiculous backdrops.
    Mighty one, never forget.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    wow 2
    only way wow can be saved
    an expansion doesnt cut it
    Sorry unless they have a way that i get to keep my account wide items ido not support a WoW 2 which would mean we'd all have to start all over from fresh another reasonw hy that wont happen is theres some items that are no longer obtainable eg: tcg code items certain toys/mounts and many vanity items.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    10.0:
    While we were in SL, Nzoth (who didnt die) has taken over EK and Kalimdor and every zone has been infected by the void.
    Every zone has cool events/rares/wq's and we slowly cleanse these zones.

10.1:
    All the other continents have been infected now too and there are tons of transmogs/mounts to collect.

10.2:
    We go to Nyalotha which is a huge new zone with cool stuff to do, and destroy it together with Nzoth.

10.3:
    Azeroth is fully cleansed and every zone has been upgraded to 2021 graphics.
    God, it's painful how badly I'd enjoy that expansion and that storyline but realize it'll never happen. N'zoth and ny'alotha were done so poorly

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    We had that. It was called Warlords of Draenor. Easily one of the best remembered expansions of all time, right?
    I lliked WoD, actually. I raided with multiple alts in Mythic HFC. I loved how classplay was.

Significantly better than BFA and SL.

I think wow needs a soft reboot. It's canon power creep is getting insane. It's to late to "fix" the inter-dimensional war arc but giving it some breathing room might help better implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Sorry unless they have a way that i get to keep my account wide items ido not support a WoW 2 which would mean we'd all have to start all over from fresh another reasonw hy that wont happen is theres some items that are no longer obtainable eg: tcg code items certain toys/mounts and many vanity items.
    everyone assumes items and shit is gone. nothnig about a wow 2 says that. infact it can even be a seperate game for that matter.
    like how classic and retail are right now.
    the point is the amount of changes needed for wow to be truly great again requires a next gen game. hence wow 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Not really, WoW 2 is bad from a lore perspective, but a "new" game is a clean cut from a game that has slid way too far down the mountain. With a new game they can make major changes under the guise of it being a brand new game, to try to give the game a better base and framework. With WoW, they're limited to their base code and they can't make massive sweeping mechanical changes cause it will upset too many players who enjoy things the way they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

true been hoping for this for the last few expansions since they went down this shitty slope
    Sorry but WoW 2 is bad from every single perspective.